OOC

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#361 Post by rredmond »

I think we are good to move forward. Sorry for the lateness, I should be able to update tomorrow morn if not earlier.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#362 Post by Distorted Humor »

BTW, from Saturday till Wednesday I will have limited Internet access, as I will be going to my grandmothers funeral.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by rredmond »

That stinks. Sorry for your loss.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by tkrexx »

Also sorry for your loss, Brother. Lost my last Grandparent just a few years ago, so I sympathise.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#365 Post by Alethan »

Ron, I think strategy talk is done. If it isn't, it should have been a long time ago. Let's just see how this plays out, shall we?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#366 Post by Distorted Humor »

Alethan wrote:Ron, I think strategy talk is done. If it isn't, it should have been a long time ago. Let's just see how this plays out, shall we?
Indeed, time for the dice to lay out and see how we live (or don't)

and I am back, thanks for the support guys (or gals)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by rredmond »

Cool I should be able to update tomorrow morning!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#368 Post by ToniXX »

I need to drop out of this game, guys. I just don't have enough time. Ron knows. Hopefully someone will take over the plucky Blodgett!

It was fun playing with all of you. Continued success in taking down the slavers!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by tkrexx »

It's family vacation time! Yes, we need a get away from the permafrost, so it's off to the tropics for a few weeks, starting Tuesday. I'll have 'net access, but it'll be spotty, so if I don't post for a few days, I think our DM knows my PC well enough to NPC him. Thanks!

Rxx

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by rredmond »

No problem!
And sorry all for my absence this past week. I've had some weird work stuff come up, my nonprofit is merging with another which equals all sorts of good fun. I'll update by tomorrow morning (so about 12 hours or so from this post) and should be able to get on a Tuesday and Friday posting schedule. My apologies again!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#371 Post by Alethan »

saalaria wrote:"I think our mission is complete. I vote for a return to the surface." the mage looks pleased.

What does everyone else think? From the opening description...

"Several bands of adventurers have been gathered together and will be sent to infiltrate the base and destroy the leaders of this evil band."

This is what we were sent to do. Does destroying the humans/orcs and leaving the insect people fall within the scope of our goal? I'm not sure...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by rredmond »

As ToniXX is unable to continue the game, and Argennian's cleric is still stoned near the entrance :D, Argennian is going to take over playing Blodgett.

Just wanted to give everyone an FYI.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#374 Post by saalaria »

Nice to have you bck Arg!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by Argennian »

Thanks guys! :)

Whilst poor Karraway has been maintaining his forever-stoney vigil of the room leading out to the Basilisk's former courtyard, I've been faithfully lurking the action here.

Glad to get a chance to join ya'all again! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by max_vale »

Welcome back!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#377 Post by Alethan »

This time please keep yer eyes averted, ya? ;)

Welcome back.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:This time please keep yer eyes averted, ya? ;)
Roger that! :D
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by rredmond »

Heydee all!
Firstly my apologies, I will be getting back onto schedule with this game starting tomorrow. My plan is to post every Tuesday and Friday morning. Every post will move the game along at a round, a turn or more depending on what's appropriate. If we are in combat it will move forward a round, if in exploration mode a turn. This way I can be more structured in how I post, so everyone can plan how they want to post. Hopefully that's acceptable to all.

Secondly, I want to explain my intermittent absences and in particular my absence over the past week and a half. Basically I was having some difficulty with my new supervisor of my job - he came in as COO because we merged with another agency, he's from the "other" agency. Nothing major, he's a nice guy, but it wasn't working out the way it should, and the signs I saw made me nervous. Then a couple days before Easter I received an email from a CEO/President I know of another agency, she wrote "Hope things are going poorly with the merger, can we meet for coffee?" :) She had said before that "I want your brain at my table." Being a AD&D guy I worried about that statement for a NY minute, but then figured it out. We set a meeting for last Tuesday, she said nice things about me, and brought in the rest of the executive team to say nice things to me, offered me a VP position, and (here's the kicker) a big ole raise - which doesn't happen in the Social Work field all too often. :)

I talked to my wife, took her offer, gave my 4 weeks notice on Wednesday to both my incoming CEO and my outgoing CEO - both of which went extremely well. Now, though the work is still a bit overwhelming, the other "stuff" isn't. That's a real big reason that I took the job too, I don't mind 60 or 70 hour work weeks, but when the other stuff, outside the work, gets stressful and overwhelming, then it's time to move on. Well that was a big reason, plus the fact that a little Alethan was on one shoulder, with a little Argennian on the other both screaming "take it you idiot!" :D

Anyway, my apologies again, real life took quite a weird turn, and I hope that my new schedule for gaming will keep me on track. Honestly besides my wife and four little girls, and the occasional Guinness, these games are what keep me sane! Besides my two oldest daughters (and sometimes the 7yo) I don't have any face to face gaming.

So cheers to you all, thanks for hanging around! And if you couldn't hang around, I fully understand.

Be well everyone and game on!
--Ron--

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#380 Post by saalaria »

Congrats Ron - glad to hear things are moving in the right direction!

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”