Strategy talk

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Strategy talk

#82 Post by tkrexx »

I think one of them may have been, but I doubt we are done yet.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay has Hold Person. a potion of Speed and a Bow.....

I am concerned about the crossbows. I think we can deal with the rest ok.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern still has 1/2 potion of extra-healing if anyone's down some. Might be a good time to quaff. Those crossbows worry me too, but those weasels really have my attention. 5 of them, and my PC has a small chance of getting them all with Color Spray. I just wonder if getting some of us at the same elevation as the alcove might be a good idea, so we could hit them from 2 directions, plus those on the lower portion could begin mopping up the Sleeping or otherwise unconsious/frozen ones. The thing about Phanstern is that he could be a great distraction in melee, combining Blur with Mirror Image for a hard-to-hit AC with duplicates. Might keep one of them busy for a bit, but those weasels again! Likely to sniff him out. That could be where a Slow spell would come in handy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#85 Post by ToniXX »

What if we willingly open the door at the top of the stairs and let them come into the room. Some of us can be invisible, while others can go up the ladder and wait just on the other side of the hole. If it works, we could take them by surprise, perhaps.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by saalaria »

I'm itching to use wnd of fire!!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by tkrexx »

Now would be a good time, collect several bounties with one shot.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#88 Post by Alethan »

I dont have any further ideas to float other than what ive already said. Freda will agree to whatever the majority decides upon.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by max_vale »

As one of the resident tanks....I'll go and stand by the door and wait for the ambush to be sprung.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by Nuke66 »

So, we are expecting company on the stairs and don't know anything about what has happened in the hole.....

I say, spring the trap, use the invisibility and the wand....hit 'em hard and fast. Hold the hole, and figure out that after the fight.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by rredmond »

Elwita said that she'd take the slaves to safety and would be back. Until she comes back you don't know what's happened up in the hole until she comes back. Though they seem to have gotten away safely judging from the noise.

There is definitely company at the top of the stairs. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by tkrexx »

Use the hole as our last resort escape route.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

So there's no strategy for this upcoming battle, then?

Or... if there is, what is it? Because with two visible people at the bottom of the stairs, then one invisible person north of the stairs and two invisible people south of it, I've no idea what the plan is.

Didn't we do an illusion to make someone look like the banker sitting at the table? Along with that, I thought having a bunch of invisible people all on one side of the stairs made sense because they could fire missile weapons in complete surprise once this slaver got to the platform.

But if we've placed people at the bottom of the stairs to fight, then there's no point in having anyone be invisible, right? There won't be any surprise. And if we have people both north and south of the stairs, there's no point in trying to fire missile weapons because we could hit other party members.

Don't get me wrong - I'm perfectly fine with not following the plan I thought we were following... as long as we have a different plan to follow, instead.

As it stands, seems to me like we just wasted three doses of the invisibility potion...

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by Nuke66 »

I thought we were waiting for the hold portal to expire. Blast them at the door with the wand of fire, then pounce on them with 3 invisibilities. So, invisibles out of the way please.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by saalaria »

Hmm yes I see the problem - I think the wand of fire may be wishful thinking considering the blast radius.
I think the invisible surprise attack is the way to go so could all visibles now make their way to their nearest escape ladder please and climb out. Please remember your closest exit may be behind you...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by Alethan »

I guess I didn't realize that was the plan. If I did, I wouldn't have wasted a dose of the potion...

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#97 Post by Distorted Humor »

saalaria wrote:Hmm yes I see the problem - I think the wand of fire may be wishful thinking considering the blast radius.
I think the invisible surprise attack is the way to go so could all visibles now make their way to their nearest escape ladder please and climb out. Please remember your closest exit may be behind you...
So I need to get out of the way, where do you want me to hide?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by saalaria »

Back up the ladder to where Dredd is

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by rredmond »

Since the DM has been somewhat inconsistent in posting :) and there was absolutely 6 minutes (which in D&D is a ton of time) to plan, if y'all want to go back 6 minutes, and go with a different plan you can.

There may be better usages for the inviso potion, or there may be not. Just want you to have the opportunity to change strategy if you want.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#100 Post by Alethan »

Not really your fault, Ron.

There was some strategy discussion done IC (started on Dec. 11) and some done in this thread (started on Dec 22), but obviously it was not nearly enough. There is no excuse, considering we've had over a month to plan.

Looks like maybe three or four plans were tossed out, but nobody took the time to discuss any of them in full and everyone started doing their own thing according to their own plan.

I say move forward and let the sticks fall where they may.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”