Part 6: Revenge is Best Served Cold ... As the Grave

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 6: Revenge is Best Served Cold ... As the Grave

#241 Post by ybn1197 »

The group returns solemnly to the village of Helix. The sky has begun to turn grey to match the mode of the adventurers. Pyrrhic leads the way to the shrine dedicated to St. Ygg. As you approach, the door is opened by Gamdar, the half-orc who accompanied Brother Othar the first time you were in need of his services. Gamdar sees the body of Ubrecht being carried by the stoic fighter and bows his head. He opens the door further and stands back, gesturing you all to enter the shrine. Torches in sconces mounted to pillars give off plenty of light and you see Brother Othar at the front of the chapel, head bowed in prayer. Hearing you enter, he takes a quick look back at the disturbance. Seeing such a sight, he quickly rises and proceeds done the center aisle to meet you. "Gods forbid. Has the maze claimed another?"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Zorroroaster »

Bronn heaves a great sigh. "Indeed. Ubrecht. Laid low by a venomous viper. A waste."

He's clearly in no mood to talk further, and stomps away towards where Pyrrhic is lowering Ubrecht's body to the ground. He shakes his head sadly.

"Well? Now what?"
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#243 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Peaches pays her respects for her fallen comrade.
Zorroroaster wrote:Bronn heaves a great sigh. "Indeed. Ubrecht. Laid low by a venomous viper. A waste."

He's clearly in no mood to talk further, and stomps away towards where Pyrrhic is lowering Ubrecht's body to the ground. He shakes his head sadly.

"Well? Now what?"
"To the pub, to celebrate the life of our late companion!" she says, holding up the pouch containing the coins they pilfered from the Barrowmaze.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#244 Post by kalstone »

Seeing Bronn downcast at the loss of his companion, a young initiate comes up to the half-orc. "I couldn't help but notice you've suffered a loss. I just want you to know that you have the love and compassion of St. Ygg. You're not alone in this. This is a safe place to let your feelings show. Some may think it unmanly, but St. Ygg teaches that expressing your feelings of loss is healthy. Here, I'll start. I'm going to give you a big hug."

Simoni suddenly wraps his arms his arms around Bronn, saying soothingly, "It's ok. Let it all out."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Zorroroaster »

Bronn carefully pries himself from the cleric's embrace, and looks down at the man questioningly.

"Rather unwise of you, attempting to cuddle a grieving half-Orc on first meeting. If you had tried that trick on one of my less learned cousins, you'd be missing a limb right about now. Perhaps your patron hasn't gotten to that particular lesson yet, hmm? You're lucky I'm not as dumb as I look. Still, not big on people getting in my personal space, if you take my meaning. Back off, if you don't."

He pauses, collecting himself.

"Right. I'm off to raise one for our dearly departed. Who's coming?"

As he departs, he leans in and whispers conspiratorially to Peaches.

"Careful. This one's a bit ...touchy-feely."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#246 Post by kalstone »

Simoni quickly backs off. "That's ok. That's ok. Everyone grieves on their own schedule. If you want, I could come along with you. To, you know, facilitate the grieving process." He smiles expectantly.

triplehappiness
Scout
Scout

#247 Post by triplehappiness »

Nightsong watches as the body is lifted carefully and laid down to prepare for its last rites. He makes a face, looks at his group and then at the bow he has laid against the nearby pillar. He begins to wonder if this is really what he had been looking for. What good are bonds forged in the crucible of combat when those bonds can be so easily broken? He found himself re-exploring the tales of his youth through this new found perspective. After a moment, he finally shakes his head, removes his pack and approaches the cleric. "Perhaps, you could teach me the ways of St. Ygg?"

Sorry folks, duty at home and work has really crushed my free time and I find myself not giving this site the attention it deserves. I'm going to have to take a break for a while. It was a blast and I very much appreciate the invite and the game thus far. Just too much going on for me right now. Good luck and I'll still be reading along as time permits. Thanks again!

Return to “Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)”