Part 5: The Brazen Strumpet

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 5: The Brazen Strumpet

#21 Post by Zorroroaster »

Bronn grabs Ulbrecht Ubrecht by the arm and shakes it up and down. "Did you just call me a lug? How oddly appropriate. I like it!"

He spins around and looks at the archer intensely. The drawn bowstring had not escaped him. He bares his teeth and growls a little.

"Can't tell if I'm smiling or grimacing, can you?" He waggles his eyebrows at the man and grabs him by the hand. "Well met!"
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Peaches nearly swoons at the appearance of the burly half-orc. "Hey there," she says to him, smiling and attempting to bat her eyes girlishly. In mangled orcish, she says to him, "how you doin'?" After a drunken pause, she says, again with a smile, "Buy a girl a drink?" She burps, quietly.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Zorroroaster »

Bronn turns to Peaches and bows deeply, his head narrowly missing the edge of the table. "Madam. A lady who can burp at will is highly prized in Orcish society, although I myself am not inebriated and thus unable to express my admiration in the appropriate manner. Rest assured however, should I consume enough alcohol I would have little difficulty in raising you over my head once or twice."
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

triplehappiness
Scout
Scout

#24 Post by triplehappiness »

Nightsong can hear the arrows rattle in his quiver as his hand is violently shaken by Bronn. He's not sure, but it may have tweaked an old shoulder injury. He'll have to have that looked at later. After the shaking stops, Nightsong simply responds, "Likewise." He then rotates his shoulder with a slight grimace making sure all the parts are still functioning. Then he smiles and steps back, out of reach.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Zorroroaster wrote:Bronn turns to Peaches and bows deeply, his head narrowly missing the edge of the table. "Madam. A lady who can burp at will is highly prized in Orcish society, although I myself am not inebriated and thus unable to express my admiration in the appropriate manner. Rest assured however, should I consume enough alcohol I would have little difficulty in raising you over my head once or twice."
"Doing that whole 'hard to get' thing, huh? Alright sweetheart, I can play that game."

To Ubrecht, she says, "You know, I think it was Morgan Morgenmorgen I hooked up with. Or not, might have just been a really fat gnome with a wicked streak. I may have been under the influence at the time, if you know what I mean."

Peaches looks around the tavern. "So is this our whole crew, or what? If so, let's hit it. To the barrows!" Peaches gets up and goes to the bar for another mead, and not to the barrows. She snorts loudly before taking long pull.

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#26 Post by RiotInferno »

"Peaches, I appreciate how eager you, but the barrows are not to be taken lightly. If they were, there would be no glory left inside their halls. Let us drink tonight like we might not live tomorrow, and then in the morrow go to the mounds where the dead walk and the gems hide."

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Ludanto »

"Mortiganto Ruĝa," Mortiganto says. "And we have been, and seek to continue, braving the Barrowmaze. And by 'braving' I mean sneaking in and looting the place and trying not to..." He pauses, momentarily uncomfortable. "Well, you know. We could use all the help we can get."
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by ybn1197 »

I'm still here watching the dialog. We seem to have lost GT_Banq, Erinar Priest of Pelor. I've PM'ed him but the last time he logged in is listed as "-" and his last post anywhere on the board was mid-April. We'll move on to the next morning when everyone is ready which can be as soon as now if everyone wishes.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Zorroroaster »

Bronn smiles widely at Mortiganto. "Perilous indeed! Count me in then, if you'll have me. I'm not inclined towards stealth, but I'm easy to hide behind should it come to that."

triplehappiness
Scout
Scout

#30 Post by triplehappiness »

Nightsong senses that the group is preparing to depart. He finishes his tea, tips the barmaid a silver and thanks her. He stands, adjusts his bow and prepares to hoist his pack for parts unknown.

He has been traveling for some time, and while he has looked forward to this moment, when he could put his skills to the test in service of friend against foe, he would be lying if he didn't admit to some nervousness. Even as far as his homeland, the whispered tales of the barrows have come. Tales of woe and ill-omen.

He wondered if he was truly ready. He knew that only time would tell. Looking down at his boots in thought, he resolved to find out. He raised his head, a smile creasing his cheeks as he looked upon the motley group before him. "Let's do this."

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Peaches slams her empty mug down on the bar, wiping her mouth with her sleeve.

"Right, time to settle up. Here you go my good man," she says to the bartender, dropping 4 gold coins on the bar. "That should cover my mead, some of the others', plus whatever Claude drank."

To her newfound companions, she says, "It is ON. Let's roll."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Zhym »

Ubrecht downs the rest of his beer and slams the empty mug against the bar.

"Right. Let us be on wi' it, then. There be evil to vanquish!"

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#33 Post by RiotInferno »

"Today is as good a day as any. The gold won't find its own way into my coin purse."

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Would this be the appropriate moment for me to howl with great ferocity and perform some visual demonstration such as beating my chest with my fists? Because I would be willing to do so, to better indicate my readiness to proceed."

"To the Barrows!"

triplehappiness
Scout
Scout

#35 Post by triplehappiness »

Nightsong says nothing in response to Bronn, but he smiles to himself because he definitely thinks it would.
Last edited by triplehappiness on Thu May 07, 2015 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#36 Post by DMStue »

Knocking out his pipe into the fire, Dren scours the bowl clean with his dagger before tucking everything away safely.

Checking the edge of his blade and finding it razor sharp, he smiles at Pyrrhic and nods his head "Dren can see these stout folk in the front line and hopes that the dead find them a more favourable target than they do poor Dren"

With that he starts to gather his gear.
Drendan Fallowbriar - Halfling Thief in "Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)"

triplehappiness
Scout
Scout

#37 Post by triplehappiness »

Nightsong looks around the room, inquisitively. Watching everyone milling about. Everyone looks ready to go. He says to Pyrrhic, "Are we waiting on someone? I say, let's push on to the Barrows, whoever it is can catch up. I'm told the travel is short. Let's leave word with the barkeep so they know we've gone. They can follow after. We can even leave chalk marks on the walls so they'll know which way we've been. There are walls, right?"

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#38 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic smiles at Nightsong. "Yes, there are walls. Let us off to our fate. I wouldn't recommend leaving too good of a trail though. There are some of ill intent that might use that as a way of tracking us."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by ybn1197 »

Continued here

Return to “Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)”