Aguas Buenas Part 1

YamItheonly1
YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Aguas Buenas Part 1

#41 Post by YamItheonly1 »

"Well if you don't mind getting a little dirty I think I could come up with something for you gentleman to do." Finishing his plate and draining his flask Maurice stands up and gives a slight head tilt in your direction "Now I got some paperwork to do tonight so if you'd be so kind as to drop by around, oh, say 10 o'clock tonight" Having said his piece, Maurice walks out and towards the jail house.

The time is currently 8PM, y'all can either skip ahead to 10pm or play out the next few hours as you wish.
R.I.P. Riddle the only dwarven atheist thief who killed a god
If you find SweetpotatoItheonly1 tell him "you are the only one"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by onlyme »

Greene replies,

That sounds mighty fine. Are you thinking we head out tonight, or should we secure lodging before meeting you?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

That's mighty-white of ya, Deputy-Sheriff Maurice. We'll do ya proud. See you then, then. Mose leaned back a bit in his chair, smiling, but at the same time thinking there was sure to be a catch. Likely as not, they were going to be wearing sheriff badges by sunrise.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#44 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Pete nods his head and smiles.

Told you boys he didn't care about who we were er nothin. I don't know what we're gettin inta, but I hope it pays better than the last gig.

Pete will have a few more drinks to ease his nerves in the time between the meeting. He watches the people in the bar and tries to see if anything interesting is happening "behind the scenes ".

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Mose sat quietly nursing a beer until the appointed time, watching the ebb and flow of the saloon's clientele, trying to figure out who was who and if anyone might be up to anything nefarious.

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#46 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Lodging wise Gadsen's Tavern has rooms available for $1.50 a night, or you could always find a nice alley if you don't want to spend the money, although do remember that running a tab was quite common in the time :)

At 20 till, the bar is practically empty, the only patrons a few of the McNett men still playing cards and the truest drunkards trying to replace their own broken spirits with a few from the bottle. The only sound is the occasional hiss of failure from a bad hand, coins clattering on the table and a few moans from a fool passed out on the floor. Outside you can hear a galloping horse, strange, what kind of fool would be willing to break a horse's leg by having it charge around at this time of night. As his horse passes by the rider begins to shout "Thars a raid a'comin, thars raiders comin down to burn da town, grab your rifles and six shooters HURRY! HURRY!". No sooner than the rider begin to shout again the few men able to stand grabbed their pistols and headed for the roof loading bullets as they ran up the stairs.

"Don' just stand there giddup and make ready" one of the McNett men had rushed over to your table "come on you yeller bellies, if'n you want to live load up and come wit' me".

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

"Shit-fire and damnation!" Mose quickly recalled stumbling home and finding the old homestead burned to cinders and ashes. The charred bodies of his parents and siblings in the rubble. He was determined to avoid dying the same way. "I ain't about ta git trapped in no burnin' buildin'. Asides, we're s'posed ta be meetin' with Deputy-Sher'f Maurice in 20 minutes. I'm fittin' ta skidaddle o'er thar and git direction from someone whose a damn-sight soberer. What're you boys thinkin'?" Mose rose from his chair, guns already half-loaded as he was talking.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by onlyme »

Greene wonders if it is christmas, having had a couple of drinks in him and looking for mischief. And lo and behold, a true firefight has descended upon him.

of course, his dreams have this element too... maybe it aint real. He gulps another drink and moves out with the rest of his new acquaintances, knowing they have a better chance of surviving this if they stick together.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#49 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Now, Ol' Pete knew dang well that its a bad idea to get messed up in another mans fight. But he wasn't going to abandon his new friends just because things were getting a little salty.

I aint to keen on climbing up to the roof either but, that seems to be the course of action they's taking. What do the rest of you guys think? Climb and shoot, er find another spot to get ourselves out of the way? This aint really our fight!

He loads his pistol as he speaks, hoping to get an answer before they is all shot dead.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by onlyme »

Greene looks bewildered,
I aint fond of climbing on top of a bonfire, myself. I s'spect we'd be best off ambushing from an alley where we can escape if necessary. like ye said. aint our fight.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Grognardsw »

Jude Burnett, drifter

After waking up in the cell with Greene, Mose and Pete, Jude Burnett reluctantly went along with the deal. He ain't happy about it, but it was better then rotting in jail. Once in town, he left the others to find a whore. It'd been too long.

Later, Jude walked into the saloon to hear about the raiders.

"I reckon we better get out there."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Good ta see ya Jude. Let's git our horses then. And I still say we might-oughten find Deputy-sheriff Maurice. He's our boss now, Jude. So we kin figger out about these guns. Mose saddled up and started heading to Maurice's office, both guns loaded.

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#53 Post by YamItheonly1 »

As the group leaves the saloon you see five men armed with rifles and pistols, each carrying a torch astride strong mustangs. Their faces are covered in bandanas and hats kept low over their eyes. With some hooping and hollering they spur their horses forwards, straight at you from about 150ft away.

Everyone please roll initiative (1d20+dex mod+ level) All your weapons are fully loaded and you begin the turn with a weapon of your choice at the ready (the weapon you would have loaded last as you left the saloon)

Also the week of July 6th I will try to post as much as I can but there are no promises, July 30th to August 6th I will be unavailable to post at all

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

[1d20] = 5
+1 (dex bonus) +1 (level) =7

Just a greenhorn, Mose becomes frightened at the sight of the raiders. He fumbles with his rifle but seems unable to bring it to bear on the bandits.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by onlyme »

I assume this is correct?
init +2dexbonus primary [1d20] = 4 +2 dex +1 level = 7

Greene had his medium pistol loaded and ready, crouching behind a water barrel (since they are always exactly where you need them).

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Grognardsw »

Jude takes cover behind a horse trough, barrel or whatever is handy, and fires his carbine at the biggest of the raiders.

Initiative [1d20] = 17 +1 for level = 18

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#57 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Pete runs to find whatever cover is left for him.

He fires his loaded pistol at the nearest raider.

Peacemaker [1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7 +1 for level = miss?

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#58 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Hey ogre I needed an initiative roll 1st :)

I'm just going to do group initiative for the bandits and McNett boys

bandit init [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6
McNett Group init [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#59 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Oops! Not sure how I missed that.

Initiative +3 Dex +1 level [1d20+4] = 12+4 = 16

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#60 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Alrighty so our iniative orders are:
Jude=18
Pete=16
McNett Boys=15
Mose and Greene=7
Banditos=6

Please state your actions and go ahead and roll your attacks, anyone who searches for cover can find 1/4 or 1/2 cover behind barrels,boxes and buildings.

There are five Banditos 150ft away who are beginning to charge down the street towards the saloon. On the roof of the saloon are 3 of the McNett men armed with small carbines and six shooters.

Return to “Go Fer Yer Gun campaign: Clear Water Guns”