YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

Aguas Buenas Part 1

#1 Post by YamItheonly1 »

"Blue will be used for character dialogue"
Green will be used for character actions
Red will be for Out Of Character small talk or questions towards the GM

You have been imprisoned for no more than a week for a crime real or imagined (players decide what crime they are accused of and what said crime was) when you are given a drugged meal. You awaken and 2 men in fancy suits tell you that they will pardon you of all past crimes you may have committed, and compensate you for time lost in jail ($2,000), IF you can work with a few others and stop an illegal gun smuggling ring in the border town of Aguas Buenas, Texas. Saying yes for your own personal reasons you are promptly knocked out. Waking up you find yourself sitting in a coach with 2 other people looking the very much the same as yourself. In your pockets you have $150 cash and a sealed envelope with name Orren T. Maurice scrawled on the face.

After being led to the local general store by the coach driver you are told to buy all the gear you'll need to accomplish your goal. As soon as the driver sees that you have acquired all of your kit you will need, he promptly leaves. The elderly store manager looks at the swinging door "What in the blazing suns was that all about fellers?" He looks quizzically at the ragtag group assembled before him
R.I.P. Riddle the only dwarven atheist thief who killed a god
If you find SweetpotatoItheonly1 tell him "you are the only one"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Aguas Buenas Part 1

#2 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

"Nothing to worry about, sir." Mose was perplexed. All he had to move on was some writing he couldn't read. Of all the men in he room, the shopkeeper looked the most honest. "Say. Can you tell me what this says?" He held the envelope out to the shopkeeper.

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#3 Post by YamItheonly1 »

"Uh sure son. Lemme get a look see at that letter...hmmm it's addressed to Mr. Maurice. He's just been deputized by Sheriff Walker. I bet if you go down to the bar you can find him watching the Ortiz boys, them stirring up trouble with the McNett group and what not."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Much obliged, sir.Mose paused for a moment thinking. Was this Orren-guy his mark or his contact to find the mark? Hmm. After a moment he looked at his new gang and said, I wouldn't mind me a drink. What about you fellas?

Just found the dialog button. Much easier on the portable device!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by onlyme »

Greene nods quietly, unsure what type of folks he is riding with.
might as well get a move'n
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#6 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ol' Pete coughs up something nasty and spits it out into the street.

Well, heck ya I needs a drink! My throats dryer than a popcorn fart!

The man from the mountains is having a bit of trouble remembering what he is even doing here so, he just goes along with the others until he gets his wits back about him.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

As they strolled down the street, Mose took a moment to size up the men with him. Both were older, but that didn't mean too much out here. He couldn't help but use his past to led him strength, thinking that the lives he had taken made him that much tougher. But he wouldn't brag about it. That would get him noticed. These guys looked sturdy enough to hide behind, just like the last group he had ridden with.

"Say fellas. Y'ins can call me Mose. Whatcha think about all this?" He kept his voice low so it wouldn't be overheard.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by onlyme »

Greene raises an eyebrow a bit,
"Uhh, Greene's m'name there, Mose.
Think about what? Seems like all we gotta do is ask this Mr Maurice where we need to be when and to do what.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Weasly Pete speaks up again with a smile.

Names Pete, and the only thing I'm thinking about is....beer or whisky!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by onlyme »

Greene smiles at the chance,
"Well then, I'd say we need to hit the saloon and decide which one tastes better...I'd hate to see you so indecisive...

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Arriving at Gadsen Tavern and Bar the group looks in upon a the typical bar scene, smokey air flowing around a multitude of persons questionable in morals and dress code. The counter is lined with the most diverse group of men drinking merrily and idly chatting. The floor of the bar is mostly clear of tables to leave room for several couples to dance. The walls are lined with tables topped with plates of food and mugs of alcoholic beverages. Strangely the tables seem to be where the general merriness ends, as there is a clear line dividing the bar in half. On the left side is a group of mostly Irish workers possibly wranglers, on the right side sit a group of Spanish and Native American ranchers. Every member of each group is visibly armed with no less than two of the most shiny and sparkly pistols you have ever seen, clearly they have access to either large amounts of money, or there is a masterful gunsmith in town.

As you look around the room taking in all the sights your eyes fall upon a large fellow bearing a deputies star proudly on his chest, talking to one of the Spanish ranchers. Despite still sitting down the man is nearly as tall as the standing Spanish man. "Alvaro I don't care if you saw one of those McNett boys down by the river yesterday, that doesn't mean he stole your horse" says the large man.

"I will have my justice senor Maurice, with or without you" Alvaro says as he storms out the front door. A few of the Spanish/Native American group get up and follow Alvaro out the door.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by onlyme »

Greene comments to his newly acquired companions,

"Well, looks like a friendly place. Might need some entertainment, though. Let's go talk to that Maurice guy he called out to.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#13 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Pete studies the face of Álvaro as he exits the place. Just in case we need to find him again.

Sounds like a plan friend. Maybe he's got a bottle. Pete says to Greene as they make their way through the saloon.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

wow. You all got really active yesterday!
Mose followed behind his companions, staying out of the way of the disgruntled Spaniard as the passed one another. He didn't know this town and didn't want to make any waves for as long as he could help it.

Despite his doubts about the sense these two had, he would let Pete and Greene take the lead with the sheriff.

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by YamItheonly1 »

Alvaro is the perfect example of a normal everyday working rancher, his only defining feature is a small scar in the middle of his eyebrows. You feel that perhaps if he was in a group of men and not directly in the front you'd be hard pressed to point him out.

As the group of Spaniards and Native Americans pass, Maurice makes stares openly at you guys. Standing up to a full height of probably 7ft tall he slowly makes his way over, gently barreling through anyone who gets in his way. "Welcome to Aguas Buenas gentleman, my name is Orrin Maurice and I am the deputy here in town while Sheriff Walker takes his leave." Pausing a moment, Maurice waggles his deputy star and motions to his pistol "I'm gunna have to ask you gents to unload all of your ammo for me and let me check them weapons. Its just a safety precaution here, I don't want no accidental shots going off an ruining the woodwork".

I would like everyone to make a Wisdom check please (1d20+Wis Mod)
Mr Greene you need to make another, separate wisdom check to see if you can withstand the urge to rush to the bar

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#16 Post by OGRE MAGE »

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by onlyme »

YamItheonly1 wrote:
I would like everyone to make a Wisdom check please (1d20+Wis Mod)

Wisdom Check [1d20] = 12
(Wis needs -1)not too good for Greene
Mr Greene you need to make another, separate wisdom check to see if you can withstand the urge to rush to the bar
Wisdom Check [1d20] = 20
well, I guess a bit thirsty today)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

[1d20] = 7 +3 = 10.

Cannot remember. Is that good or bad? It is a secondary skill for me.

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#19 Post by YamItheonly1 »

PMs have been sent out for those that needed them :)
Cannot remember. Is that good or bad? It is a secondary skill for me
You want it high :), this is a skill check so each person had to try and beat a DC

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by onlyme »

Greene eyes the bartender and states back to Mr Maurice,
Sure, no problem. just give me a second.

With that he makes his way to the bar and asks for a shot of whiskey.

Return to “Go Fer Yer Gun campaign: Clear Water Guns”