Aguas Buenas Part 1

YamItheonly1
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Aguas Buenas Part 1

#121 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Once he is comfortably settled in at the hotel, Mose heads to the porch with his banjo. After a bit of tuning and a warm up, he trails out The Roving Gambler.

We still playing? Hope so.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Grognardsw »

Jude, cowboy-turned-deputy

Jude drinks with the others, plays a few hands of cards, then thinks about visiting some obliging women of the night. His eye catches sight of the new badge and he has second thoughts. Then he takes the badge off. "See you tomorrow boys."

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#123 Post by YamItheonly1 »

sorry guys works been a bit crazy with power outages and server crashes galore

Mose: 5 dollars will cover everything including meals for all four, especially after that great fire fight and rescue of the deputy, news of which has spread faster than a wildfire in august on a windy day.

After a rather uneventful night of sleep you awake a little after sunup, slightly groggy from lack of sleep and to much adrenaline from combat. Heading down stairs to the main floor you're greeted with cheers from the few people who frequent bars at 8am. You quickly spot Deputy Maurice chowing down on some eggs and steak while listening to the complaints of a decrepit farmer, you're unable to catch what is being said by the time you arrive but the farmer seems slightly more happy when he walks away. "Hey come on a sit down you big damned heroes, I think you're more famous than Mr. Hitchcock right now in our little town" Maurice bellows as he motions to the table and seats around him "I'll ring the church bell at noon to let the public know that you'll be deputized and official lawmen"
R.I.P. Riddle the only dwarven atheist thief who killed a god
If you find SweetpotatoItheonly1 tell him "you are the only one"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#124 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Pete takes his time at breakfast, struggling to make dang sure it stays down after the celebratory late night of carousing and rot gut.

In between mouthfuls he looks up at the deputy. Mr. Hitchcock? How's that now?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by onlyme »

Greene looks puzzled and answers,
Uh, wasn't he that feller that could tie a plow to chickens and showed how much more efficient it was than with a mule? I never figured out why the rest of the country didn't change over to his idea... anyway... what's our duty of the day, Sheriff. I expect to earn my pay.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Grognardsw »

Jude takes a bath to get the sweat and stink off.

Deputies need to smell proper.

He joins the others for breakfast, eating grits, eggs and sausage.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Mose saunters down to the table and orders bacon, eggs and toast. And a cup of coffee. He looked to Green and corrected him. Hitchcock's that fat-basterd what's afraid a heights. Gets the vertigal I hear. Anyhow, he's out ta California - probably at Sutter's Mill fer that gold they been finding. Mose shrugs. Mr. Maurice, I was lookin' at them guns we took off the bandits last night. Their real purty, jess like ever-one else's in town. Who's makin' all these things? Is a local feller? I'd like a custom rifle ta send home to m'cousin Obray. He'd be tickled ta git something like that.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by onlyme »

Greene nods.
You're prolly right. I ne'er could remember names too well. Once we finish breakfast, lets get to it. I aint one for sitting around.... He finishes the last of his meal and looks around.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

YamItheonly1
Tracker
Tracker

#129 Post by YamItheonly1 »

I hate everything right now, Trying to type this out has taken over an hour due to random power outages in my office building :(

All round the saloon you can here people saying differing stories of a "Mr. Hitchcock" each ridiculous and as crazy as the last.

Grinning madly Deputy Maurice leans back in his chair and begins to answer the questions, "Well Greene," he begins, "today were going to be finding out who those banditos that tried to hang me and have the town burned were working for." His face contorts with rage as he continues "unfortunately those bastards all got kill't so we don't have much to work on." Taking a moment to regain his composure and breathe slowly he turns to the second question "All them fine weapons are coming from Mexico across the border, quite illegally." pointing at several men at the bar and their fine pistols "Lawfully once they get sold I can't prove they came here illegally cause of the lack of paperwork involved in selling firearms. If I...we could just get a hold of the seller then we could find out why, because no one moves this number of guns just for money."
R.I.P. Riddle the only dwarven atheist thief who killed a god
If you find SweetpotatoItheonly1 tell him "you are the only one"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by onlyme »

Greene replies,

Well, I gotta ask the obvious if you dont mind. Have you pissed off someone lately that would want you killled?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Why not have someone pratend to be buying 'em? Someone that might-could let you know and you could surprise 'em? It'd have ta be someone no one knows much, I figger.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#132 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I wonder if there are any strangers around that are new to this area that would be brave enough to take on a job like that. Pete says rather sarcastically.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Grognardsw »

Jude, drifter

"Well, we're new hereabouts," says Jude. "Maybe one of us could act the part? I'd be willing."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by onlyme »

Greene shakes his head.

Unless they aint any brighter'n that spittoon, they'd suspect us as a setup. Especially how we're about to have that swearin in celebration the sheriff was talkin about.

I think it best if we make up a list of the likely ringleaders and work our way down.

Return to “Go Fer Yer Gun campaign: Clear Water Guns”