OOC I

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC I

#161 Post by tooleychris »

If i dont respond quick enough i have no problem with you NPCing Petra for an action now and then. Don't wanna hold up the phone

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#162 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:Okay, it's the group prepared to advance to midnight (or thereabouts)?

How do you plan to approach it? Are you going to observe the inn from your room? From the street? From your boat? If not the boat, what is the plan for it? Are you all staying together, or splitting up? Are you keeping Harold with you?

Once I know what you guys are going to do, I'll advance the action.
Let's not allow this game to stall completely.

Athriel, Marshal, and Ty can still feel free to discuss possible plans.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#163 Post by dmw71 »

tooleychris wrote:She will let the others scout the building and maintain the slumber hex using cackke hex.
I had to look up what the cackle hex did, and, unfortunately, I don't think it will work in conjunction with a slumber hex.
Advanced Player's Guide, p. 66 wrote:"Cackle (Su): A witch can cackle madly as a move action.
Any creature that is within 30 feet that is under the effects
of an agony hex, charm hex, evil eye hex, fortune hex, or
misfortune hex caused by the witch has the duration of
that hex extended by 1 round."

Feel free to revise your action, or try to convince me that cackle and slumber should work together. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by tooleychris »

Oops. My mistake . I thought that cackling worked for all hexes.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#165 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Ty quickly springs forward to the doorway (space 96)...
ybn1197 wrote:Athriel will attempt to move through as many cells as possible in an attempt to find our invisible friend. He will start in 95 & 96 before moving to 111 & 112. If he can continue moving, he will move to inspect 132 & 133 followed by 153 & 154.
Just a reminder, a round is only six seconds long. Looking at your character sheets, Ty is able to move 6 squares, and, in his armor, Athriel can move 4 squares.
-- Project --
-- DM --

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by tooleychris »

dmw71 wrote:
tooleychris wrote:Petra will move east along the wall of windows, keeping an eye out.
What square does she end up on?
Not sure what square measures at...30' equals square 11?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#167 Post by Alethan »

Squares are 5' each, I think.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#168 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Squares are 5' each, I think.
This.

It makes sense to make each square to equal 5-feet, especially with the use of the five-foot step.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#169 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:What are the rules for movement and attacking in the same round? Can Ty do that?
There are a bunch of different actions that a character can make in a given round. For the most part, a character will either take a full action, or a standard action plus a move action. So, yes, you can move your full rate and attack (or more twice your full movement rate (two move actions) instead of also taking a standard action).

Action Types
Definitely feel free to read about the various actions (it's good to know), but here are the summaries of each:

Standard Action
"A standard action allows you to do something, most commonly to make an attack or cast a spell."

Move Action
"A move action allows you to move up to your speed or perform an action that takes a similar amount of time."
- Note: You can take a move action in place of a standard action.

Full-Action
"A full-round action consumes all your effort during a round."
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#170 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Now without a weapon in his hand, Ty launches himself at the man and attempts to beat him unconscious with his fists.
Is Ty going to go with an unarmed strike, or using a combat maneuver?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#171 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:Now without a weapon in his hand, Ty launches himself at the man and attempts to beat him unconscious with his fists.
Is Ty going to go with an unarmed strike, or using a combat maneuver?
Well, I did want to grapple, but couldn't find the rules for that. Still really unfamiliar with this system. I don't suppose it worked, no matter what I tried, though...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#172 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Well, I did want to grapple, but couldn't find the rules for that.
Trust me, I don't know the system yet myself, and have to look everything up.

Honestly, I use the d20pfsrd for everything (it is great to be able to link to as a reference)! I just visit that website, plug what I'm looking up into the search bar in the upper right hand corner, and voila! (It's really too bad the licensing doesn't permit people to create SRDs for AD&D as well.)
Alethan wrote:I don't suppose it worked, no matter what I tried, though...
I don't know exactly how to calculate each, but it will basically be your CMB ("B" = "bonus") against his CMD ("D" = "defense"). And there's probably a roll involved. I'll figure it out soon, but you never know...
-- Project --
-- DM --

Das
Guide
Guide

#173 Post by Das »

Maybe I can help if you want me to help with rules.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#174 Post by dmw71 »

Das wrote:Maybe I can help if you want me to help with rules.
Thanks for the offer, man. I definitely won't hesitate to ask if there's anything in the rules I can't make sense of, but I'm enjoying this "learning as I go" process so far. A lot of these situations I've read about (e.g. CMB versus CMD) but haven't used yet, so I just make sure to review the rules when adjudicating a situation to make sure I'm handling it correctly.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Das
Guide
Guide

#175 Post by Das »

NP hence why I didn't post them right off. If I see anything not right I'll let you know.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#176 Post by dmw71 »

Das wrote:If I see anything not right I'll let you know.
That would be appreciated... and helpful.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#177 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:I was under the impression, since the person just cast a spell, that he did not have a weapon in his hands and, thus, Ty would not be subject to an attack of opportunity with his unarmed action. So he was casting spells with a dagger in his hand? If he's armed, then I'm likely not going to subject my character to two possible attacks/round (a standard attack and an AOO).
Let's discuss the above here...

He does have a dagger, but it wasn't in his hand when Ty attacked. I'll have to look into what action type drawing a weapon is, and if he would have been able to draw it in time. The more I think about it, the more I doubt it.

However, entering a threatened square should produce an attack of opportunity (but it will likely need to be changed to a simple unarmed strike instead of a dagger attack).

I also want to confirm that it's possible to make an attack of opportunity in the same round after already acting. I'm fairly certain you can, but just want to make sure.

I'm on my phone now, so I'll research these questions later, once I get to my computer.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#178 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:I was under the impression, since the person just cast a spell, that he did not have a weapon in his hands and, thus, Ty would not be subject to an attack of opportunity with his unarmed action. So he was casting spells with a dagger in his hand? If he's armed, then I'm likely not going to subject my character to two possible attacks/round (a standard attack and an AOO).
Let's discuss the above here...

He does have a dagger, but it wasn't in his hand when Ty attacked. I'll have to look into what action type drawing a weapon is, and if he would have been able to draw it in time. The more I think about it, the more I doubt it.

However, entering a threatened square should produce an attack of opportunity (but it will likely need to be changed to a simple unarmed strike instead of a dagger attack).

I also want to confirm that it's possible to make an attack of opportunity in the same round after already acting. I'm fairly certain you can, but just want to make sure.

I'm on my phone now, so I'll research these questions later, once I get to my computer.
I'd read that an unarmed strike provokes an AOO if the opponent is armed.

But then reading the grappling rules, since that is what I was going for, it says if you don't have Improved Grapple, then you provoke an attack of opportunity. I guess it just depends on how the attack is made (i.e. weapon in hand or not).

I guess the question is, does it provoke an AOO every single round he attempts to grapple or just the first one? I assume every round. Tooley, you better hope that sleep spell works or I'm going to start cutting into the guy...

Also, don't waste any magic stabilizing a fallen character. I can do that automatically as a standard action in a round, once I'm out of combat.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by tooleychris »

I can cast healing hex unlimited times but only once per creature per day.
i wasted my slumber hex when Dave stated i couldn't prolong it with cackle.
Can only hope to knock him out and THEN cut into him for answers. :)

Das
Guide
Guide

#180 Post by Das »

If you're unarmed, you don't normally threaten any squares and thus can't make attacks of opportunity.

Return to “Dave's Pathfinder Game”