Action Thread 8

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 8

#121 Post by ToniXX »

Yosef, I wonder what effect the helmet will have on someone who already has the 'dark vision'. Would you like to try it on? Also, have we determined that there is no other way to go but that which we came?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#122 Post by Alethan »

Before leaving, Till grabs the bundles of sticks out of the stone chest.

"If we want to take the sticks, I suggest we put the coin in the bag and carry the sticks out."

Till also will make sure they retrieve the rope and grappling hook and then the two ropes they used to cross the lake and the rope they used to climb down the ledge, as well.

When they are safely back out in the daylight, Till smiles and says, "I think we can call that tomb successfully plundered!"

Then he starts making his way down to base camp.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:Yosef, I wonder what effect the helmet will have on someone who already has the 'dark vision'. Would you like to try it on? Also, have we determined that there is no other way to go but that which we came?
Yosef's eyes twinkle with curiosity and excitement at the cleric's words. He removes his chain coif and sets it to the side, swallowing the anticipative lump in his throat. "An interesting prospect, friend Bruard. Perhaps there are still secrets here that we have not uncovered and it is possible the helm has other properties we have not as yet fully realized? Honestly, I had hoped we would find clues or perhaps something within the tomb that mentioned Rogahn or Zelligar. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try!"

Yosef will then try the helm on and look around at his companions, the sarcohagus, dais and pillar areas, to see what happens and if he notices anything new or unusual before the party moves out of the tomb and back to camp.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by rredmond »

Yosef takes the helm and puts it on visor down. Everyone can see it mold to his slightly smaller head. There is no surprise reaction from him and everyone can see him looking around with the visor down.

PM sent

You leave the Ancient Giant King in peace once again, and get back to the base camp without issue. It is but barely noon and you are all surprised again by the brightness of the sun. The camp is alert but unmolested. Van and Eyman report nothing unusual had occured.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#125 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote:Everyone can see it mold to his slightly smaller head.
uh oh
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#126 Post by Alethan »

ToniXX wrote:
uh oh
I think he's just saying the helm adjusted it's size to fit the elf. I don't think there is anything wrong...

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#127 Post by migellito »

"Right then.. well done all. Let's strike camp and keep on along the pass."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:
uh oh
Then the tentacles come out of the helm...
I keed, I keed! :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Argennian »

Yosef gives the helm back to Bruard and thanks him for the incredible opportunity. On the way out of the tomb, the elf is quiet and contemplative, appearing to be thinking intently on something or perhaps trying to recall a memory long past. When the party gets back to camp, Yosef finally approaches them to describe what happened and what he now remembers about the helm.

"Friends, I wish to convey my experience with the helm and what I can remember of the legend and lore that surrounds it.

As I am sure you have surmised, the helm will magically conform to the size and shape of the wearer's head. I could see the runes which Master Bruard described and they are most certainly dwarven. Unfortunately, I am not proficient in dwarvish but do feel that Bruard was able to correctly interpret them and their meaning.

I was... amazed by the clarity of my vision! In fact, I believe that the helm effectively doubled the distance I could normally see in the dark. In my earlier years, my studies revealed many wonderous legends and lore of items pertaining to magic, and not just those of elven craftsmanship. I have indeed heard of the very rarest of dwarven helms constructed with powerful magic and the incredible might and capability of their master forgers. These helms were reputed to only be usable by warriors and clerics and, if my memory serves me true, were created under the direction and magics of the most powerful dwarven warrior-clerics of old. In fact, it is conceivable that mayhap not even the dwarves still living in the present could replicate this incredible relic. I cannot easily convey how old this helm is, friends, perhaps even older than man himself? I can say with confidence that it is very, very rare, perhaps being one of a few ever constructed, and could in fact even be the last of its kind! It would be absolutely priceless and beyond the value of treasure as we know it and we must be careful to guard its true nature from others. Just how that old giant king came about it, I could neither say nor guess with any surety. But I can say that even if we find naught of Rogahn and Zelligar in this expedition, it will have been worth it alone to discover an ancient dwarven Helm of Sight!"

The elf then takes a few deep breaths and regains his previously nature and composure.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#130 Post by migellito »

"Amazing!"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#131 Post by Alethan »

As Yosef relays his thoughts, Till sneaks a jealous look at Bruard and the helm, lamenting the fact that it probably wouldn't work for him in any case.

He looks down to see his thumb rubbing the hilt of his new short sword. For a brief moment, he considers asking Yosef to hold it and see if he can "tell" anything about it, but quickly stifles the thought and casually says, "Ay, that IS quite astounding, Jeloon. We'll have to be extra cautious with our new found treasure."

"By the way..." he adds, as an afterthought, "How do we go about dividing up shares with something that is 'priceless'?"

He gives Bruard a wink.

"Och, well as long as we ALL end up with some ancient dwarven artifact, then I suppose it won't be anything we need worry about..."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:..."Ay, that IS quite astounding, Jeloon. We'll have to be extra cautious with our new found treasure."

"By the way..." he adds, as an afterthought, "How do we go about dividing up shares with something that is 'priceless'?"

He gives Bruard a wink.

"Och, well as long as we ALL end up with some ancient dwarven artifact, then I suppose it won't be anything we need worry about..."
Yosef smiles and lets out a hearty laugh in a manner most unusual as elves go. He pats Till on the shoulder and answers the others in kind. "A perplexing yet interesting question, Till. I am afraid all of our treasure and magic combined would be worth naught but a fraction of this relic. It is no wonder that the dwarven cleric and the others sought out this tomb, if in fact they had knowledge of its existance. Tis too bad we cannot ask my dear friend Wergrim about it," the elf offers with a straight face yet malevolent twinkle in his eye. "I suppose one could bring it to a dwarven king and sell it... umm, rather 'seek a reward' for its return. After our near fate at the hands of those greedy... dwarves, I would not recommend it!"

"Well friends, I guess our path will now carry us toward the ancient city of Shard and its foul denizens. That place must have been the city mentioned in the journals we recovered, I feel almost certain of it! If what the dwarf said of its population is true, we will have a... difficult time with any attempts at parley or trade. Mayhap a different path or way will become known to us?"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#133 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:
Alethan wrote:..."Ay, that IS quite astounding, Jeloon. We'll have to be extra cautious with our new found treasure."

He gives Bruard a wink.

Yosef smiles and lets out a hearty laugh in a manner most unusual as elves go. He pats Till on the shoulder and answers the others in kind. "A perplexing yet interesting question, Till. I am afraid all of our treasure and magic combined would be worth naught but a fraction of this relic. It is no wonder that the dwarven cleric and the others sought out this tomb, if in fact they had knowledge of its existance. Tis too bad we cannot ask my dear friend Wergrim about it," the elf offers with a straight face yet malevolent twinkle in his eye. "I suppose one could bring it to a dwarven king and sell it... umm, rather 'seek a reward' for its return. After our near fate at the hands of those greedy... dwarves, I would not recommend it!"

"Well friends, I guess our path will now carry us toward the ancient city of Shard and its foul denizens. That place must have been the city mentioned in the journals we recovered, I feel almost certain of it! If what the dwarf said of its population is true, we will have a... difficult time with any attempts at parley or trade. Mayhap a different path or way will become known to us?"

"Isn't there a tower of some sorts along the way? Do we want to check that out? Or make our way directly to Shard?"

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:
"Isn't there a tower of some sorts along the way? Do we want to check that out? Or make our way directly to Shard?"
Yosef shakes his head in self-admonishment, thankful that his stout halfling companion's memory does him proper credit. "Aye, we do at that! I had momentarily forgot about that fact with my marvel of the Helm of Sight. The fact that Wergim assured us it was nothing and had been well-looted for some time now makes me suspicious enough to believe otherwise! Perhaps we will discover at least some clues or intel about Rogahn and Zelligar there? Well, I will continue to hold out hope of that regardless!"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#135 Post by Alethan »

Till helps the others break camp and load the DAMs up to continue traveling up the pass. He will pack his old short sword on one of the DAMs and properly strap the new one at his waist.

After everyone is ready, Till will once again assume the lead position by 50 yards or so, walking quietly along, sticking to shadows when he can and generally keeping a low profile.

He will keep an eye out for any side passages they might come across...

(Ron, I'm having trouble finding the place where the discussion of the tower took place. Can you point me to that thread again? Or recap the part of that discussion in the OOC thread or something?)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:(Ron, I'm having trouble finding the place where the discussion of the tower took place. Can you point me to that thread again? Or recap the part of that discussion in the OOC thread or something?)
OOC: Alethan, it's in the Action Thread 8 back when Yosef cast his Charm Person spell on Wergrim and asked about what else resided in the pass (should be right before we entered the tomb with the dwarf). That's why I forgot about it when I didn't see it in rereading the Background Thread!

Yosef helps the others break camp and pack the extra gear on the DAMs as well.

When the party heads out back up the pass, he'll take up his normal position at the rearguard, bow and arrow to hand and eyes vigilant!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by rredmond »

New thread folks:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=436

Danke!

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”