The West Wind: Chapter 1

kmbll
Das
Guide
Guide

Re: The West Wind: Chapter 1

#61 Post by Das »

Eli Alexander

Whispering into his comms Eli responds to his allies.

"I think i've reached the end of my stealthy approach, there are two scientist types examining some dead Saros, can't tell what killed them. But their cockpit is in sight. I might be able to make a run for it. But either way they'll know I am here...My idea is I will try to continue, if they spot me I will make the run for the cockpit per planned and you come in behind me...guns blazing. Sound ok to you?"

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#62 Post by Mister-Kent »

Jenny Body, Warrior

"Guns blazing sounds good to me," Jenny responds, and prepares her weapons. "Good luck, psych..."
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Das
Guide
Guide

#63 Post by Das »

Eli Alexander

"The two scientist don't look like guards or anything. So try not to hurt'm that much." He pulled out his revolver, reloaded it, and kissed the barrel. "See you on the other side." He than stood revolver in one hand, manosword in the other and started to run for the cockpit, using any and all cover he could to make him a harder target for anyone who would notice him.

OOC- Running for the cockpit hoping for whatever cover I can. If I see an obvious threat such as a guard or something I will open fire.

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#64 Post by kmbll »

Make an athletics check and a luck save please.

Das
Guide
Guide

#65 Post by Das »

Athletics [2d6-1] = 8-1 = 7; Luck Save [1d20] = 6

I am neither athletic or lucky it would seem.

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#66 Post by kmbll »

Eli Alexander

You dash across the Saros bodies towards the cockpit with relatively ease as the sun starts to rise in the distance. It's a relatively straight path without any real obstacle - as you're approaching the cockpit you hear a woman shout from behind you. The world shifts around you as you teleport into the cockpit. It's a relatively sparse room - a man in a leather jacket snores loudly in the spartan pilot's chair; the radar is isolated on the gravjeep ahead. As you teleport in, the comms come alive and a woman's voice fills the silence, "Intruder!" and the man bolts awake.

Das
Guide
Guide

#67 Post by Das »

Eli Alexander.

When the man sits up he finds the mono sword just over his neck. The pistol pressed against his forehead. "Dont make me hurt you. I am a peaceful man. I just need your ship is all. Now I need you to open the exterior doors and start flashing your lights..."

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#68 Post by kmbll »

Eli Alexander

The man looks at you placidly and shrugs, "I'm just a pilot, I don't want to die." He presses a few button on the controls and the lights flash repeatedly in front of the ship.

Jenny and Robert

What are you two doing while this is occurring?

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#69 Post by Spectreman17 »

Robert J. Withers:

I've been sitting on the turret of our jeep, waiting for a sign from Eli. Functioning as lookout.

Upon seeing the lights flash from the shuttle, I shout to Tsubasa and Jenny, "I think he's in, let's go sweep up"

I then reload my gun and brace myself into the gun for a rough ride.

Das
Guide
Guide

#70 Post by Das »

Eli Alexander

"I am not a pilot so I don't want you to die either. What's your name? How many are on this ship? Etc etc."

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#71 Post by kmbll »

Robert and Jenny

Tsubasa brings the gravjeep forward and it hovers over the corpses of the Saros as you tread forward. Ahead you see two people running towards the lowered ramp of the ship ahead of you.

Eli

The man replies hesitantly, "The name's Rodger. There's six of us..including him." He nods towards the entrance behind you and you hear rapid footsteps gruff voice shout, "Put down the gun."

Das
Guide
Guide

#72 Post by Das »

Eli Alexander

Eli smirks at the guy. "I know another pilot." He fires point blank into the man's face, not eager to be overwhelmed by two different people.

Revolver [1d20+6] = 10+6 = 16, Damage [1d8] = 2

(OOC- I assume he is unarmored, and point blank adds modifiers, sadly my damage was terrible)

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#73 Post by Spectreman17 »

How big does the opening look? Could we drive the grav jeep all the way into the ship? Barely or with lots of room, or what?

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#74 Post by kmbll »

It's about the size of two men across so the gravjeep won't go up it.

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#75 Post by Spectreman17 »

Robert J. Withers:

Hey Tsubasa! Use the god damn gas pedal, Eli is getting in a bit too deep!

I then let rip with a suppressing spray from the turret gun at the two running figures.

As soon as I'm close enough to yell at the figures, i yell, Stand down!

Damage: 2
[3d6] = 4

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#76 Post by Mister-Kent »

Jenny Body, Warrior

Jenny has her weapon ready, but waits to see if the figures do as Robert commands, or if they decide to be stupid.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#77 Post by kmbll »

Eli
Rodger dives to the side as you fire your shot which still hits his shoulder as he moves. He curses loudly and sprints out of the cockpit. A shrill voice with a heavy Eastern European accent comes from outside the room outside, "What do you want? You'll find I'm more heavily armed than he was."

Jenny and Robert
One of the scientists is nailed by the railgun but your shot goes wide on the other. Both go to the ground and raise their hands in a sign of non-aggression. Tsubasa drives to the ship and brakes at the ramp.

Das
Guide
Guide

#78 Post by Das »

Eli Alexander

Eli stepped behind cover and listened. "I assumed so. But thank you for letting me know. But the group coming in behind the ship are more armored I am sure. You can either waste your time trying to grab a man who can teleport or just go surrender. I think most of your friends are just crewmen and science types."

As he spoke he looked for a control to shut the door. He needed to seal himself in to protect himself and keep control the ship

Spectreman17
Guide
Guide

#79 Post by Spectreman17 »

Robert J. Withers:

I jump from the vehicle while drawing my revolver and run to the two laying down scientists. "Toss your comms and sidearms away. No funny business, I'm in a hurry."

after removing said items I command the uninjured one, "grab your friend here and start walking. If I see you again tonight, I'll be the last thing you see."

kmbll
Guide
Guide

#80 Post by kmbll »

Eli

You can close the door pretty easily but locking it is trickier. There's a pretty obvious emergency button that would lockdown the cockpit but would most definitely set off every alarm in the ship. If you want to try and lock the door subtly then you can make your choice of an electronics, security, or spacer (other other applicable) roll.

Robert
Each of the two scientists sets down a survey scanner and a grapnel launcher that they had in hand and remove their compads, revolvers and knifes that were tucked away. The man helps the injured woman walk slowly northward.

Return to “Lost Horizon - Stars Without Number”