Town Business (Vaul) - III

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Town Business (Vaul) - III

#1 Post by Keehnelf »

Current Amenities:

Inn:
5c per night for common room sleeping (shared)
1s per night for basic room accommodations (4 rooms available)
3s per night for suite accommodations (only 2 in the inn)
1s per night for stabling

Tavern:
Locally-brewed beer available 1c per mug.
Imported Southern Wine available for 1g per bottle. Not amazing stuff, but hard to come by.

General Store:
All supplies in the miscellaneous gear lists apart from vehicles and mounts are available at 20% markup (does not apply to starting equipment) due to remoteness of location and limited production.

Adventurer Trades:
-Single blacksmith with one apprentice. Metal goods from gear lists available at 20% markup, require crafting time except for very basic items.
-Single tailor/tanner with one apprentice. Leather and cloth goods available at 10% markup, require crafting time except for very basic items.

Industrial Trades: (for hire as needed)
2 Masons
2 Carpenters
3 Foresters
3 Hunters
10 General Laborers

Temple:
One Level 1 cleric with single Level 0 acolyte dedicated to Branwyn, Patron of the Southern Lords (a catch-all deity of order and goodness). No prayers or healing services available.

Wooden Keep:
Offices of the Arch-Duke - for audiences with Vaul, free of charge but usually uses up a day to have one.
Assessor's Office - Deeds for property (1% of assessed value, one year duration), Wills (100gp to create, 20gp to modify), Currency conversion to platinum (1% fee)

Mercenary Camp: see separate thread
Last edited by Keehnelf on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town Business (Vaul) - III

#2 Post by Zhym »

About that amenities list that was going to be posted "later today..." :)

Harold visits the temple of Branwyn and donates 75 silver as his tithe from the most recent expedition. He also retrieves his crystal-tipped rod from the priest.

"Adventuring with non-believers is one of Branwyn's trials," he sighs. "'Cleric, heal me!' 'Cleric, heal my horse!' 'Cleric, my pet bunny has a sore foot!' But if you dare remind them of the source of that healing power, or that there are laws governing its use? Prepare for the blasphemy, friend. It may be true that there are no atheists on the battlefield, but when the fighting is over, you can't throw a sling stone without hitting a heretic."

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Keehnelf »

Hah, thanks for the reminder--will update hopefully tonight :)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei arrives at the newly built temple to Fortis, where the party had dropped off her body after getting back to Vaul. He enters the temple and seeks out any priests of the temple.

"Yes, hello. I am Valorei, expedition leader at the time of Olympias demise, I have come to see what preparations are being made for this temples founder and to offer my assistance in whatever form it may be needed, as well as to mourn a true friend."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Keehnelf »

The mason in charge of construction looks over, surprised. "Deceased? Well--crap. At least she paid up in advance, but as far as I know there aren't any other followers of her god here in town. If we finished building this thing as-is, it would just stand empty or get appropriated by the duke." He thinks for a moment. "I could convert the design to a mausoleum with the materials on hand for no additional cost--at least she'd have a fancy resting place rather than a plot in Branwyn's Fields."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei thinks over the matter for a moment, I do not claim to know her wishes, but she is not here to voice them now is she? tell me the plans of this soon to be mausoleum? I do not know what all she had paid for. Does the building descend into the earth? is it one level? Depending on these specifications I may deem some modifications worthy of my friend."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Keehnelf »

"Right now the design is only for a single-level structure. It's got a fairly open plan and is designed to house a dozen or so worshipers at a time, with an altar at the front and an open foyer area. I could easily convert the congregation hall section to an enclosed tomb and build in some additional decorations rather than put in the seating and altar as originally intended. A lot of this stone is still in large sections so I can change tack with it fairly easily. Since we've already laid the foundation, adding in a lower level in-ground would be very expensive."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei muses as he listens, "I see, So friends and family would be able to enter the building to find the enclosed tomb and pay their respects? I believe that would be best, with different effigies to her god Fortis among the walls and adorning the casket itself... Due to curiosity, how much would adding a below ground level cost? Perhaps not a whole lower level, but maybe even a half or quarter of the space to be lowered? I believe something along the lines of 10-15 feet in length and 6 to 6.5 feet in height?"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Keehnelf »

"If it's centered on the current floorplan, it will cost about fifty gold pieces in additional materials and labor, and take about ten extra days of work to make it happen."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei nods, stepping closer to the man and lowering his voice...

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei shakes the foreman's hand, giving the man a smile. "I thank you for indulging in my curiosities. One other thing, how much for an engraving of the stone above the front entrance?"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Keehnelf »

"It depends on how complex and large you would like it to be. If just a name, two gold pieces would suffice for labor."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei nods with a smile on his face, "I am thinking more of a phrase, "The Chosen of Fortis, Let Those of Radiant Faith Reside in Peace" How does that sound?"

Mister-Kent, if you're reading feel free to chime in what you think would sound best for the Eulogy of Olympia, otherwise I think that will be good.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Keehnelf »

The mason nods. "It would take a bit of extra stone facing, so maybe ten gold pieces to put the facing on and do the engraving."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei thinks for a moment, his mind not the most economical one so he doesn't take long to believe the price to be acceptable. He nods and smiles at the foreman, "I believe that is most acceptable, how would you like to discuss payment?"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Keehnelf »

"I'd like you to deliver the payment to me so that I can begin work based on the changed scope we've just discussed," he smiles.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Mister-Kent »

The spirit of Radiant Olympia smiles upon Valorei's dedication, and plans for the would-be church ;)
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Keehnelf wrote:"I'd like you to deliver the payment to me so that I can begin work based on the changed scope we've just discussed," he smiles.
Valorei nods in agreement, "That would be fine, would you accept the money up front or in payments? I can do whichever you prefer, and think would be best given the modification."
Mister-Kent wrote:The spirit of Radiant Olympia smiles upon Valorei's dedication, and plans for the would-be church ;)
Gotta have a respectable resting place yo!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Keehnelf »

"I would prefer it up front, given the condition of the original contractor."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei nods, a smile on his face, "I prefer that way as well, keeps things up to date as it were. I do not like to owe others after all."

Val leaves to gather the money, returning with a sack containing the full amount of coin in question, handing it off to the foreman with another handshake and smile.

deducting moneys.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”