Action Thread 7

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 7

#81 Post by Alethan »

Jeloon, Bruard, Eyman and Van are in full charge.
OOC: Ummm... is Derek not charging as well? If not, then I guess we can continue on. If he is, then we just need his attack rolls to continue, right?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#82 Post by Vokarius »

(OOC: Work.)
Derek Charges.
[1d20] = 15
15 +1+1 (+2 charge bonus) = 19 to hit.

[1d8+4] = 8+4 = 12
Damage is 12

Derek roars!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by rredmond »

Day 12 – Day 13 - a wee bit after, just after midday

MM has a quick CT, but I'm going to allow Yosef to be able to save it at this point because...

The hobgoblins see and hear death coming. They attempt to defend themselves but two more are quickly cut in half by the roaring fighters - quite literally. The remaining hobgoblin is uncertain as to whether to fight or run. But successful avoids (through little skill of it's own) the attacks of Bruard and Till. Eyman misses with a swipe of his axe, but Van scores an excellent hit running the hobgoblin through with his spear, and ripping the magic spear back out again as the hobgoblin falls to the ground. The ground is just awash with blood, and everyone does double checks, because for once, none of the blood is their own.

The hobs each have a scimitar and 6 javelins. They have a total of 70 electrum pieces and 48 gold pieces.

Now able to look around, you notice the pass has narrowed a lot, and you are just at a steep curve, it's starting to curve East, and you can tell by looking ahead (since you are pretty far West in the pass) that it curves again steeply, to the West, about a mile up ahead, and continues to narrow.

Interesting position you all have gotten into. :) I'm going to modify the Treasure thread a bit into a Treasure and Monsters thread, mainly for XP purposes but I want everyone to let me know what I'm missing. I've got bits of notes all over the place and want to organize it now.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 18/19; Derek - 38/40
WIH: Till: short sword; Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow; Van: Ogre spear, shield; Eyman: Battle Axe, shield; Bruard: Mace, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Bruard; 2 - Yosef & Derek; 3 - Till & Rosin
Consumables: Torch - out (Rosin) 30 minutes left, 40' radius; Lantern - out (Rosin) 3 hours, 30 minutes left, 30' radius.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Day 12 – Day 13 - a wee bit after, just after midday

MM has a quick CT, but I'm going to allow Yosef to be able to save it at this point because...

The hobgoblins see and hear death coming. They attempt to defend themselves but two more are quickly cut in half by the roaring fighters - quite literally. The remaining hobgoblin is uncertain as to whether to fight or run. But successful avoids (through little skill of it's own) the attacks of Bruard and Till. Eyman misses with a swipe of his axe, but Van scores an excellent hit running the hobgoblin through with his spear, and ripping the magic spear back out again as the hobgoblin falls to the ground. The ground is just awash with blood, and everyone does double checks, because for once, none of the blood is their own.

The hobs each have a scimitar and 6 javelins. They have a total of 70 electrum pieces and 48 gold pieces.

(Treasure Thread Updated)

Not only that, but they never even got an attack in! Now that's an efficient team right there, boys!

The javelins will come in very handy with Eyman, Van, Rosin, and Ancor (when he's back up and about) when they're protecting the camp. Nothing like a volley of pointy sticks to keep bad guys at bay! I say we give seven each to Eyman and Van and six to Rosin and Ancor.

(Ron, can you update the NPC thread with the additional weapons?)

Till quickly searches the bodies for anything other than the obvious coins and studies the hobgoblins closely, looking to determine if any one of them stands out more as being a leader or in charge. If one appears to be so, he'll search his belongings even more carefully, looking for anything else that might be of use. Does this look like a scouting party or a raiding party or... something else?

"It's been my experience that hobgoblins can always be found in greater numbers than this... we should be mindful and weary from here on out. We don't need them, but let's take their swords back with us, if anything, to deprive anyone else of taking them. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see if anything in the lot is magical while we're at it... Let's leave the bodies where they lay, as a deterrent to others, and head back to camp. We'll be sure and keep a sharp eye out on the passage north now, though."
Last edited by Alethan on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#85 Post by migellito »

Jeloon catches her breath and nods in agreement to Till's assessment and plans. She is a bit stunned, remembering back to her orc tribe fighting difficult battles against hobgoblins now and then.

[well done all!!]

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:....
Till quickly searches the bodies for anything other than the obvious coins and studies the hobgoblins closely, looking to determine if any one of them stands out more as being a leader or in charge. If one appears to be so, he'll search his belongings even more carefully, looking for anything else that might be of use. Does this look like a scouting party or a raiding party or... something else?
Nothing else obvious to you. The group looks like a motley crew, and even Jeloon, coming over to take a look, doesn't seem to note any leader type. They are similarly outfitted, and definitely young. But other than that, and the fact that they were moving North, you note nothing else.

you are heading back to camp?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
Alethan wrote:....
Nothing else obvious to you. The group looks like a motley crew, and even Jeloon, coming over to take a look, doesn't seem to note any leader type. They are similarly outfitted, and definitely young. But other than that, and the fact that they were moving North, you note nothing else.

you are heading back to camp?

Yep. Head back and make sure camp is secure. We want two on watch at all times right now, with the sharpest eyes going north.

Jeloon - Van
Bruard - Eyman
Till - Rosin
Yosef - Derek
(assuming Ancor is not able to keep proper watch yet)

How's that dwarf doing? Still in a coma?

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#88 Post by Vokarius »

"Bah, those were hobgoblins? More like mice!"

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#89 Post by ToniXX »

Wow that was swift but for my terrible roll! :) Great job! And we got some pointy sticks for our sidekicks... even better.
Agree we head back to camp and set up watch.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Argennian »

Yosef takes a quick look around the perimeter to see if he notices any other threats or potential spectators to the quick work that the party made of the hobgoblins. Once he's satisfied that he can see nothing out of the ordinary, he'll make his way over to where the others are looking over the bodies for gear and clues. If there are any recoverable arrows from the melee, he'll be sure to collect them.

"Well done, friends! I am greatly relieved that no one was hurt. I cannot help but wonder where these humanoids came from and where they were headed. Or if they are perhaps scouts for a larger group? Regardless, I am agreed that we should recover their weapons and any gear and fall back to camp, so that Ancor and Rosin are not left alone for any longer than need be!".

rredmond wrote:...MM has a quick CT, but I'm going to allow Yosef to be able to save it at this point...
OOC: I appreciate that, Ron! It's just that the spartan DM in me would not be able to sleep at night if this were so! :? (I know, I know, just can't let it go... :roll: ) Since spells and ranged melee attacks take place before hand to hand melee, and MM has a super-quick casting time, I'd have to offer that the magic missile would have been cast before the actual deathblows were landed in combat melee. Not trying to rack up more KIAs than anyone else or be a rules lawyer (even though it appears I am here!), just figured I'd share my dysfunction among friends! :lol:

... Unless, of course, we're going back to camp to find that dirty hill giant's brother there waiting for us! :shock: (j/k)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#91 Post by Alethan »

And... we're headed back to camp.

:)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by rredmond »

Day 12 – Day 13 - Around 2p or 3p at this point

@Yosef - I'll take that MM then sir! :) I'm an equal shares XP awarder kinda DM anyway, so kill count is only for bragging rights.

The trek back is uneventful and quiet. Upon your return you find Ancor sleeping soundly and Rosin nervous and watchful. He is obviously relieved to see you all. The dwarf is also sleeping soundly.

Rosin says to you all, uncertainly, while brushing down the DAMs, "I think he peeked." He gestures at the dwarf.

The evil DM in me wishes you stayed away longer, :D I'll update the watch schedule.

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 18/19; Derek - 38/40
WIH: Till: short sword; Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow; Van: Ogre spear, shield; Eyman: Battle Axe, shield; Bruard: Mace, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Bruard; 2 - Yosef & Derek; 3 - Till & Rosin
Consumables: Torch - out (Rosin) 30 minutes left, 40' radius; Lantern - out (Rosin) 3 hours, 30 minutes left, 30' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

Aye, Till has not forgotten the dastardly and thieving ways in which the dwarfs deceived them. The sentence from Rosin stirs this anger anew. He quickly draws his short sword and approaches the "sleeping" dwarf.

"Well, there's one way to make sure our friend here doesn't have any problems with sneaking peeks in the future," he says, flatly. "We simply remove his eye lids." Till rests the tip of his sword against the cheek of the dwarf.

"We're done playing nurse maid to beardless, tool-snatching oath breakers! Get up and start answering some questions before we see if YOU can find the bottom of the lake."

Till's sentence is calculated. Either the dwarf knows nothing of the lake, and will thus be confused, or the dwarf knows of the lake and will hopefully give this information away with his response. Either way, he wants him to know there is a bottomless lake in which Till would like to put him, fully armoured, if at all possible.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#94 Post by migellito »

Jeloon joins Till and watches with interest.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by rredmond »

The dwarf, for a few seconds, continues to sleep, obviously faking because he then opens his eyes.

"Relax little one," he stretches a little, taking quick glances around, "beardless?"

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#96 Post by migellito »

Jeloon laughs heartily.

"What's your real name, dwarf?"

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:The dwarf, for a few seconds, continues to sleep, obviously faking because he then opens his eyes.

"Relax little one," he stretches a little, taking quick glances around, "beardless?"
Yosef puts on a fake 'happy face' and steps up next to Till and Jeloon. He leans down and looks the dwarf in the eye. Ahhh, Master Wergrim, so pleased to be speaking with you again! We were worried that your wounds were a tad bit too severe for you to make it, yet you... surprise us yet again! I would humbly ask that you do your best to answer my partners' questions, otherwise I might not be able to stop them from doing what they have promised to do. The loss of your beard would not be the worst, I fear..."

OOC: Ahhh, don't you just love the 'ol good cops, bad halfling" tag team? :P
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#98 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard watches his friends grill the dwarf. He is conflicted inside: Before meeting this dwarf and his companions, he had never met a dwarf he didn't get along with. Yet the dwarf's actions toward Bruard and his friends angers him greatly.

He will not engage in harm to the dwarf, but will also not stop his friends in whatever they intend to do.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#99 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:The dwarf, for a few seconds, continues to sleep, obviously faking because he then opens his eyes.

Till shrugs, "Little one?? Well, I figured the beard might slow you down when you're swimming in the lake." He stares pointedly at Wergrim. "I wish I could be jovial with you, dwarf, but... You have evil in your heart, Wergrim. That much we saw the other night when your lot turned on us for doing nothing more than making company with you for a day. Fool me once, as they say," he shakes his head, "But not again."

"So here's the deal. You start speaking - tell us everything you know about that tomb and the supposed treasure it's said to contain. Tell us the truth - we'll know if you're lying. And your reward will be that you can return to your people with your beard intact. But you try to do something 'sneaky' again, like faking sleep or doing anything to cause harm to one of my friends here, and you'll still get to return to your people, but the only thing your clan members will see of you is a beardless head of a traitorous dwarf."

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by migellito »

Jeloon gives Till a confused look. "I don't get to eat him?"

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”