Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

8b. Stuck in Barovia with You

#1 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 6, 1221
Time: 8:00 PM
Weather: Overcast, cool
Moon: Waning gibbous

At Castran's pleading, Bragar uses one more spell to bring the gnome up to full health. For some reason, the heavily-injured cleric spares no healing for himself. He does, however, regain some small bit of health from spending the day free from combat or other strenuous activity.

The two of you make careful preparations for the night. Castran makes himself invisible, spins an illusionary wall, and climbs into the rafters. Bragar settles in to sleep as Castran concentrates on his illusion. The gnome has no trouble holding up such a simple illusion.

For the first time since you came to Barovia, nothing attacks in the night. Perhaps Strahd no longer sees you as a threat—or as sufficiently diverting entertainment. Or perhaps the master of the castle above has other matters to attend to. Whatever the reason, Bragar awakens after a rare full night's sleep. Castran drops the illusion and settles in to sleep while Bragar takes watch. His sleep is also uninterrupted.

When he awakens, it is 8:00 in the morning. Fog clings to the ground, and the dull gray haze overhead tells you that the cloud cover is, as seems always to be the case, hanging over this land.
-----
Effects: None

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 8b. Stuck in Barovia with You

#2 Post by Storm11 »

Packing his leather armour securely the gnome, in his phantom armour spell, will look to encouraging Bragar to heal himself with his magic, after praying for his spells whilst the gnome rememorises his invisibility, phantasmal force and phantom armour magics.

He will offer to place the dwarf under the cover of invisibility as well if he so wishes.

Then Castran recommends the duo head to Ismarks home.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Zhym »

Just to clarify: the Phantasmal Force illusion dropped when Castran stopped concentrating on it before going to sleep.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Storm11 »

Yes indeed. That's why needs to rememorise it.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Zhym »

Oh. "Rememorizes." For some reason I read that as "removes."

Does he leave the Invisibility in effect?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Storm11 »

Absolutely
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Dram »

Bragar- Yes I will cast my last healing to heal myself. I hope the evening goes quietly.

Cure light wounds
Cure Lgt Wounds[1d8] = 5
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Zhym »

It's morning now. :D

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 7, 1221
Time: 8:00 AM
Weather: Overcast, cool
Moon: Waning gibbous

In the morning, Bragar takes care of a few of his own wounds. The two then set out for Ismark's. When they reach the former Borgomaster's house, a tired-looking Ismark answers the door and steps back without a word. Taking the hint, you follow him into the house uninvited. He takes you into the parlor and waves absently at a couple of chairs.

"I apologize for my brusqueness last night," he begins. "We Barovians usually do not receive visitors near dark, and I did not want to have to send you out into the night when we were done talking."

He looks at each of you, then seems to brace himself for bad news. "What can you tell me of Ireena?" he finally asks. "I can guess what happened to the other adventurers who came through recently, but perhaps you should tell me of their fate as well."

-----

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Dram »

Bragar- We heard your name from the that group of adventurers that saved our lives inside the keep. All were lost, all but 2 two of them I believe have fallen under Strahds curse. And 2 died were while we tried to escape. The Paladin and a female fell before they found us. I do not know the circumstances of there fates. But the others fell to a women named Helga. I believe she is your sister? She betrayed us. Letting us think that she was a prisoner of Strahds. She was a vampire same a Strahd. We must find help to kill the Vampire Strahd. Hopefully we can save our friends but I fear it is too late for them. But we must try. Bragar looks to Castran to see if he had left any information out.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Storm11 »

"I heard tell sir, that your sister vanished within the castle whilst the group were captured by an enchanted painting. Once it had been destroyed the mission became locating Ireena but after several fell attacks by dark spirits of evil intent within the walls of this devil, they found and rescued my friends and I, caught and poisoned by giant spiders lairing in the giant belfry. says the unseen gnome.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Zhym »

When Bragar finishes his tale, Ismark sighs and shakes his head. "Helga is not my sister. My father told me about her, though. She used to live here in town with her mother and three sisters. Helga was always a bit of a wild child, he said, and this old town was far too dreary for her. She decided that unlife with a vampire would be more exciting than life here in town. The first night after after Strahd turned her, she came back and slaughtered her own family. According to Father, she sang while she did it."

He scowls in the general direction of Castran's voice. "Your caution is understandable, but quite impolite," he tells the invisible gnome.

He turns back to Bragar. "My sister's name is Ireena. Her fate may not be better than Helga's, if she disappeared from the protection of your companions. You speak of killing Strahd. How do you propose to do that, with just the two of you? Surely you must now understand how powerful he is."

-----

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Storm11 »

"We are in search of further adventurers to help us! Have any arrived in Barovia since we have been gone, that you have heard of? Have you suffered any further nightly attacks since Ireena left? We are set on destroying this monster, and rescuing your sister if she can be!" Castran replies.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Zhym »

"The only adventurers I've seen recently are the ones who you say rescued you. There have been no attacks since they left, but that was only a few days ago. No doubt they'll pick up again before long."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Storm11 »

"Interesting. And the fog seems to wall everyone within the town. But I wonder, if the great vampyr killed everyone, how would he survive. He needs the townsfolk. At least to some degree. And the vistani too perhaps, as purveyors of new blood!" ponders the gnomes voice
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Dram »

Bragar- Do you know if anyone has ever escaped the mist. We must find a way to leave this place.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Zhym »

"Only the gypsies are able to leave," says Ismark. "People say they have a potion that allows them to come and go as they please. If that's true, they keep it to themselves."

"No doubt Strahd practices careful management of his Barovian 'herd,'" Ismark tells the disembodied voice with a sigh.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Dram »

Bragar- We need a couple of them potions. Castran are you able to help us obtain a couple of them?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Storm11 »

"I am willing to try," he says
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Dram »

Bragar - Than let us go find our friends the gypsies.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Ravenloft”