COMBAT

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: COMBAT

#61 Post by Alethan »

Ayup.

After my awesome attack, of course... :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Glogs and Bran are able to get in killing blows against their opponents before the vines overtake them.

Everyone failed their saves? Excellent!

The orcs' leader did manage to make his, but his movement rate is 1/2'd; thus I'm granting automatic initiative to Gordon and Savik for Round 3.

Actions, guys?
Failure is always an option.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by Alethan »

Bran struggles!

(If necessary, he could probably still get a Command spell off against the leader... (surrender? submit? something like that...) but I think Argennian was going to use a Charm spell on him, so it probably isn't necessary at this time.)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by rredmond »

"The wrinkles!" Glogs bemoans. He tries to struggle free without ripping his clothes.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by onlyme »

Iomhar laughs at the thought of being literally held by vines...better than orcs...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by Alethan »

Bran struggles against the vines, unable to do anything else at this time...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by onlyme »

Ah yes. I am starting to remember. This being my first game, I did do the ultimate stupid thing and run head first into an entangled mess...

Iomhar hangs around as well this round.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Argennian »

Argennian wrote:Savik will ask the others to hold their attacks on the apparent orc leader so he can cast his Charm Person spell on him before he can get completely free of Gordon's Entangle spell.

Once the spell is cast, Savik will sling his bow and move to whatever side the orc leader is headed for, calling out to him in orcish. "It is alright, my good friend. Come hither that we may talk and avoid any other... misunderstandings."

The elf will keep his hand near his sword just in case the spell has no effect on the orc.

OOC: sorry for the delay, just wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to respond and declare actions first! :)

OOC: John, I think I had intended on Savik casting his spell in my previous post above. We can go ahead and apply that part of his declared action to the beginning of the next round, at your discretion.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Yes, you can go ahead and declare actions for round 3 here, though we won't get into any official resolution until we have a new Ulf.

Gonna assume that everyone entangled — orcs included — are struggling to free themselves. (Not that this does any good.)

Savik is casting charm person on the orc leader. I'll need to know what Gordon and Ulf are doing.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by rredmond »

Glogs struggles.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Nuke66 »

Gordon continues target practice at the stationary targets.

OOC: Gordon seems to have disappeared off the dice roller. Not sure what I did. Any solutions? go ahead and roll a couple arrows GQ.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by Alethan »

Nuke66 wrote:Gordon continues target practice at the stationary targets.

OOC: Gordon seems to have disappeared off the dice roller. Not sure what I did. Any solutions? go ahead and roll a couple arrows GQ.
You probably deleted the character when the game went into hiatus. It is what I did. Just add a new character back in and build some macros for it.

Don't remember if there is a campaign ID for this game or not. I added Bran back in just a few days ago, so I don't currently have a campaign ID to provide you, sorry. Maybe GQ has that info?

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by Gelatinous Q »

I believe the campaign ID for the dice roller is 47 .

Let me know if that doesn't work.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by hedgeknight »

Seeing the Orcs entangled, Ulf draws his shortsword and moves forward, intermittently taking cover behind a tree or bush or rock, until he reaches the closest foe. Then he tries to stab it with his sword.

This may take two rounds. Don't know if I need to roll to hit, but here it is in case I do: Shortsword: [1d20] = 6, Damage: [1d6] = 6
Winter is coming...

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#77 Post by Gelatinous Q »

ROUND 3
Savik casts charm person on the orc leader, who — wonder of wonders — is able to shake off the effects of the spell.
[1d20] = 18
Boy, does he not look happy. In fact, it looks like he's going to take a whack at either Glogs or Bran in retaliation.

Gordon looses two arrows against the two remaining held orcs. (Note that firing into melee rules would normally apply here, but the effects of the entangle spell have fixed that problem for you. Also: you get a +4 bonus because the entangled orcs are for all intents and purposes prone; however, they're still behind 50% concealment, so they're effective AC is 2.) Your first shot plugs the orc on the left in the neck, wounding him badly. Your second shot sails wildly over the other entangled orc's head.
[1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22
[1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7
[1d6] = 3

Ulf, that's two rounds worth of action. I will point out that when you approach the edge of the area of effect of the entangle spell, the mass of slithering, writhing vines, roots and branches give you pause before proceeding further.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#78 Post by Gelatinous Q »

In his half of the round, the orc leader takes a swing at Bran, held prone by vines and roots (effective AC 5).
[1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14
Damage (bastard sword): [2d4] = 8
Ouch.
~~~
That concludes round 3.

Savik, Gordon and Ulf again get initiative in round 4. Go ahead and state actions.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by hedgeknight »

Ulf continues to move toward the entangled area...but the writhing vines give him pause and he looks around for a better course of action. Seeing his riding companion, Bran, in trouble with the Orc leader, he moves toward the melee, hoping to sneak around for a backstab.
Winter is coming...

Return to “1E Greyhawk: Strange Days in Ratik”