Climbing/Jumping: +2pip=4D+2
Stamina: +3pip=4D+2
Brawling: +3pip=4D+1

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread #2

#122 Post by max_vale »

Hey Kipper; I think I may have explained the skill point system badly in my last post....sorry. Looking at your proposed skill mods; I think your using 15 pips to the existing skills with no regard to the current skill level.....the skill points aren't 15 pips....they are used to pay for pips; my apologies for explaining this badly.

For example; Clark's current Blaster skill is 4D....to raise it to 4D+1 would cost 4 of the 15 skill points you've earned; it would cost 8 skill points to raise it to 4D+2 and 12 to raise it all the way to your proposed 5D. Leaving only 3 to spend on a different skill to improve.

If on the other hand; you just want to raise each skill you list by a single pip....this can ALMOST be done. Here's how that might go down:

Blaster 4D improved to 4D+1 (4 skill points spent)

Medicine 4D improved to 4D+1 (4 more skill points spent for a total of 8 spent)

Gunnery 2D+2 improved to 3D (2 skill points spent; total of 10 points spent leaving 5)

Stamina 3D+2 improved to 4D (3 skill points spent; total of 13 points spend; leaving 2)

This would leave you with 2 skill points to spend (or save). This doesn't increase Climbing/Jumping (from 4D to 4D+1 costs 4 skill points)....or Brawling (from 3D+1 to 3D+2 costs 3 skill points); so other options could be taken.

Does this help? Let me know what you'd like to do amigo and once again, sorry if I didn't explain that very well.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#123 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright thanks Max I know what I'd like to put points into I have 3 I'd like to add to if possible. Bargain, Gunnery and Melee Weapons.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by max_vale »

Greywolf: Okay, with 17 points, you can spend 16 points (and have 1 saved) to improve the skills as follows:

Bargain: 3D+2 (6 skill points.....3 to go from the PER base of 3D to 3D+1 and 3 more to go from 3D+1 to 3D+2)

Melee Weapons: 3D+2 (6 skill points; 3 to go from the DEX base of 3D to 3D+1 and 3 more to improve to 3D+2)

Gunnery: 4D+1 (you had 4D in the skill to start; so 4 skill points would increase it to 4D+1)

Alternately you could improve Gunnery to 4D+2 (8 skill points); and either Bargain or Melee Weapons to 3D+2 (6 skill points) and the other one to 3D+1 (3 skill points); which uses up all 17 skill points.

Let me know which one strikes your fancy.

GreyWolfVT

#125 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I like the original or first option next time I can add it all to gunnery. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by max_vale »

Roger that; I'll mod Storm's PC sheet in the PC thread. :)

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#127 Post by kipper »

Oops, sorry I must have glossed over that bit! OK, I understand how it works now (I think).

In that case I'll go for:

Blaster: 4D+1 (4 pips)
Gunnery: 3D (2 pips)
Brawling: 4D (6 pips)
Stamina: 4D (3 pips)

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#128 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Here's how I'll spend my 15 points for Zinn:

-Computer Operation 4D +1 to 4D+1
-Computer Repair 4D +1 to 4D+1
-Equipment Repair 4D +1 to 4D+1
-Starship Repair 3D+2 +1 to 4D

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by ybn1197 »

Here's how I'll spend my 15 points for Jackson:

- Security from 3D+1 to 4D for 6 points
- Computer Operation from 3D+1 to 3D+2 for 3 points
- Equipment Repair from 3D+1 to 4D for 6 points

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by max_vale »

Alright! Thanks everybody; everyone's stats have been updated except for La'Reth (tick, tick angelic....:) ). Looks like Zinn and Jackson have been spending the downtime on the trip home and the r&r before the next mission doing lots of techy stuff!

Just so everyone knows; the next mission will begin with you guys going undercover into an Imperial Weapons testing center as a group of Engineers (and probably a Barabel security guard....if that is indeed what Monsieur Rose goes with).....this means that a lot of your gear will NOT be on your persons....and only armor clothing and maybe a small hold-out Blaster pistol hidden on your person (other than the 'security guard').....and perhaps a weapon (lightsaber anyone?) hidden in some form of equipment that's 'to be tested'.

Don't be alarmed though; the rest of your gear will be available for the latter parts of the Misson; I just wanted to let you all know in advance. First post for the new mission coming soon! (Tonight/tomorrow)

Everybody doing well?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Ok, finally dealt with this character. This should be fun.

Zuul Ksska

Height: 2.2m (7'2")
Weight: 160 kg (352lbs)
Sex: Male
Species: Barabel

Physical Description: A very large, muscular reptilian humanoid. The horny black keratin scales covering his body, as well as the long needle-like teeth filling his huge mouth, give him a fierce, frightening countenance.

DEXTERITY: 4D
-Blaster 5D+2
-Brawling Parry 5D
-Dodge 5D
-Launchers 4D+1
-Melee Weapons 4D+2
-Thrown Weapons 4D+2
-Slugthrowers 4D+1

KNOWLEDGE: 1D+1
-Survival 2d+1

MECHANICAL: 2D

PERCEPTION: 3D+2
-Hide/Sneak 4D
-Search 4D

STRENGTH: 4D+2
-Brawling 5D+2

TECHNICAL: 2D+1
-Demolition 4D

Background: Zuul is abnormal for his race, a natural curiosity led him to sign up to crew a trading ship that passed by Barab. He was quickly recognized as a competent fighter, and bounced around various mercenary and pirate groups. Never leading and always following orders left him open to a betrayal that ended poorly for the other party. He now roams mercenary hangouts looking for that one honorable group to fight for.

Personality: Loyal and brave almost to a fault. Quick tempered. He lives by a warrior's code. There is no wrong or right, just the job.

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#132 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Hanging in there.

But "Lightsaber, anyone?" Sure, I'll take one! :)

GreyWolfVT

#133 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I have a post now with Gavin and his image all in one post by me if you want to delete the one you made Max in Player Characters thread.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by max_vale »

Greywolf: Thanks, but I'm trying to keep the character stats as posts that I made....so I can go in and put "Wounded" or whatever (Angelic's is a bit of a holdover from WAY back, :) )....if you sent me the info for the picture; I can add it to your character's post....thanks though!

Everybody: Okay, I have posted the 'Intro Script' for our next adventure; BLACK ICE. The first post (with background details on where you are and WHY you're there will be coming very soon)......for those who are new to this game (or have just forgotten :) ); all of these 1st Edition Star Wars Adventures came with an "intro script" that was meant to be read by all of the players at the first session as a way to "jump into the module!" with some fun/cheesy dialog and get the current situation across quickly. There is ALWAYS 6 character parts; and they aren't supposed to be any type of character personally; just generic 'roles' for people to play to get the point across. Technically, these scripts aren't really needed for play; but I like to continue to use them to capture the feel of these late 80s/early 90s adventures and post them for your enjoyment. :)

Angelic: Please spend those skill points soon amigo!

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#135 Post by angelicdoctor »

max_vale wrote:Angelic: Please spend those skill points soon amigo!
Will do!

Force 'wizard', I shall become!

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#136 Post by angelicdoctor »

On second thought...

I put all skill points into Lightsaber to go from 3D+1 to 4D+2 with one skill point left over.

We all have two Force points, correct?

GreyWolfVT

#137 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max just copy the img url from my post then :)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by max_vale »

Angelic: Yes; you have 2 Force Points and 1 Skill point left over.....thanks!

Greywolf: Can you actually see your image when you scroll down on the Thread? All I see is the word 'image'.....if you CAN; then I guess it's just my computer here at work....and you can go ahead and delete your post with the Character stats as its superfluous. Thanks!

Everyone: Please bear with me....today at work has been crazy.....I WILL get up the next/first post tonight or perhaps early tomorrow; thanks and sorry!

GreyWolfVT

#139 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yes the image does show for me. also only players can edit posts we cannot delete our own postings.

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#140 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Angelic (and max)... Something we COULD do is perhaps make some cosmetic modifications to Borsk's lightsaber casing; we could alter it to make it look like a hydrospanner, and then he'd be able to wear it openly on his utility belt along with a couple others. That way, he'd have it readily available in the event he needed it, but it wouldn't draw any undue attention. We'd have to make sure the other spanners he had were powered models, but they're common, easily - accessible tools, so it should be no problem.

Granted, I haven't read the new posts yet, but if it's necessary to retcon that tidbit, we'd only need the ok from max...IF it's something that interests you, that is.

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”