OOC Thread #2

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Thread #2

#141 Post by Jedi Skyler »

K, after reading the background info, all we'd need is for max to ok us as having already acquired the casing materials to use to transform your lightsaber. I mean, at this point in the timeline, not many people would immediately recognize a lightsaber unlit, and most weapons detectors don't read them as weapons anymore, but as some kind of shaver or other tool. But most Imps probably know that Vader openly carries one, so I think the disguise would help carry us through without detection.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by max_vale »

I don't much care about the EXACT details of how the lightsaber is disassembled; but disguising it as some kind of hydrospanner or whatever is fine; but please keep in mind that this is my own personal take on the Star Wars setting; so anything in any wiki somewhere may or may not be accurate........for example; as a couple of Dark Jedi Masters are running the Empire; in my take on things; Lightsabers would ABSOLUTELY be detected as such by weapons detectors.

It's not important for this particular scene; but I just wanted to point out that many things in the Star Wars universe as explained in various computer games, novels, etc., etc. are NOT necessarily true in this game. (Example....I will never, EVER have Revel pilots call TIE fighters 'eyeballs' or 'squints'; nor call bars or cantinas 'tap-cafes' as I find these terms silly....but different strokes for different folks!)

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#143 Post by angelicdoctor »

Perhaps if we had a droid with a secret compartment...

Save that, I'd be open to disguising the lightsaber as a component part of some mundane tool. Who has great Mechanics skills? Perhaps Con?

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by kipper »

Both Gavin and Clark have 4D Con and 3D Equipment Repair...

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson has 4D Equipment Repair

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by max_vale »

Next post coming tonight/tomorrow.

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#147 Post by Jedi Skyler »

max_vale wrote:I don't much care about the EXACT details of how the lightsaber is disassembled; but disguising it as some kind of hydrospanner or whatever is fine; but please keep in mind that this is my own personal take on the Star Wars setting; so anything in any wiki somewhere may or may not be accurate........for example; as a couple of Dark Jedi Masters are running the Empire; in my take on things; Lightsabers would ABSOLUTELY be detected as such by weapons detectors.

It's not important for this particular scene; but I just wanted to point out that many things in the Star Wars universe as explained in various computer games, novels, etc., etc. are NOT necessarily true in this game. (Example....I will never, EVER have Revel pilots call TIE fighters 'eyeballs' or 'squints'; nor call bars or cantinas 'tap-cafes' as I find these terms silly....but different strokes for different folks!)

No sweat; I don't actually remember where I'd read the tidbit about weapons detectors. I think it might have even been in some old WEG book; but even then, it's your game. That's why I mentioned my idea here, rather than in-game; I didn't know if you'd go with it or not.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Hey Max. Does the map that QT gives the players have the labels and descriptions of each room? Or is it just blueprints?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by max_vale »

Yes, the map has the labels you see….i.e. 'Office' or 'Weapons Testing Lab'; etc.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Well, this should be interesting for you Max. Thanks for the trickery guys, but I thought the giant reptile warrior might not back down from the lone officer. :D

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by max_vale »

Greywolf; my apologies if I worded it strangely….but there's only the one Imperial in the office; Pora….Clark and Zinn both jumped on him….but he's the only one with a uniform that could be borrowed….the one closest to his size would be Jackson…..

I'd say Pora would be more or less 'average' in size, so say somewhere around 5'11" and 180 or so….which for our group basically means Crodowski could wear it though it'd be a little long and baggy on him.

Man…we've got an intersting group….2 guys 6'6" (Zinn and Clark)….a reptillian alien at 7'2"; a furry alien at 4'4"; a human at 5'6" and the last human at 5'9". NOBODY could be 5'10" to 6'2" huh? :)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#152 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ok ok fine ignore the two of them and have it read as Him lol
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by max_vale »

Sory for the long pause amigos…holiday stuff….next update tomorrow!

I hope everybody had a great holiday!

GreyWolfVT

#154 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Apologies folks my internet has been turned off so i am not able to post as often having to hook up with free guest wifi where i can.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#155 Post by GreyWolfVT »

to make a long story short I have internet temporary xfinity wifi hot spot access until my normal ISP turns my services back on.

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#156 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Hey, everyone; just wanted to apologize for my absence. I'm house sitting for a buddy, and short story long, he has two cats, to which I'm allergic. I had cats years ago and built up a tolerance, but HAVEN'T had cats for years, and have lost my tolerance. My allergies were triggered, along with asthmatic issues I've not had to deal with in about 20 years; so, I was laid up for a while with NO energy. However, I've acquired and taken the allergy meds I used before, and am back in the saddle. I'll look over the threads and make the appropriate posts.

Again, my apologies for the extended absence.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by ybn1197 »

I want to thank everyone for their understanding and patience during this period. I will have a new post up shortly as I catch up on everything.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by max_vale »

Glad your back! I hope all is well for a fellow Marylander! (I'm in the Annapolis area) :D

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by ybn1197 »

Really! Any chance you're going to the Polyhedral Pigout on June 4?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by max_vale »

ybn: Never heard of it…..but it sounds intriguing! By-the-way; you ARE back right? I certainly hope so; I was just wondering as you haven't made any in-game posts for Jackson in a while. :)

Kipper: To answer the questions you asked in the Episode 4 thread: The Assault Boat is lodged in the side of the hull pretty much for the duration as its removal opens the ship to vacuum….and the question about being able to travel to the other end of the ship will be answered in-game very soon! :)

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”