[Closed] OOC Chat III

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat III

#321 Post by Zhym »

Zorroroaster wrote:My head hurts.
Here's a little timeline I put together to help me grok the coming and goings from Vaul:

April 27, 9:30 am: Bertram's party returns to Vaul. IN: Bertram, Krysta, Galen, Abi, Martin, Constance, Ulf, Seadu, Mokata, Bromric
April 27, afternoon: Ulf, Bertram, Galen, and Seadu take prisoners to the keep. Hobgoblin boasts of attack coming in "less than two weeks hence."
April 28, morning: Lug's rescue mission leaves Vaul. OUT: Lug, Valorei, Varas, Niles, Ruwyn, Dorvar, Marge, Baxtaw, and the mercenaries Zirina, Mormoth, and Jord.
April 30: Demon Bromric's expedition leaves Vaul? OUT: Bromric, Martin, Constance, Abi, Seadu, Mokata
May 1, 10:00 pm: Orrin, Rhodri, and Kennit return to Vaul.
May 2, 9:50 am: Remus returns to Vaul.
May 2, before 1:30 pm: Remus meets with the Archduke, agrees to investigate the hobgoblins.
May 2, 1:30 pm: The Finger explodes.
May 2, 6:10 pm: Archduke Vaul addresses the town, announces coming attack

So, from the morning of April 27 until the morning of April 28, everyone but Orrin, Rhodri, Kennit, and Remus are in Vaul. Lug's group leaves on the 28th, and by May 2, everyone but Lug's group is in Vaul.

Something else I noticed while putting this together: Ulf, Bertram, Galen, and Seadu are the only ones other than the Archduke's men who know about the coming goblin army before May 2—although the PCs might have shared that knowledge.

The Archduke's meeting with Remus took place in real time before the hobgoblin prisoner spilled the beans about the coming attack, but the order is reversed in game time. I wonder if the Archduke still wants Remus to scout in the "updated" timeline?

Also, Blavern, the captain of the Ducal Guard, told the adventurers "don't go too far" on the afternoon of the 28th. One of them is planning on leaving two days later. :D

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Keehnelf »

Not to spill too many beans: the Duke was well aware of the impending attack in advance of the return of the hobgoblin prisoner, and it only makes his desire for Remus to investigate on his behalf stronger.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by Starbeard »

AleBelly wrote:
Zhym wrote:Geez. A guy survives one capture by orcs serving some whatever-it-is master then gets rescued by a grief-crazed king of a dead dwarf clan, and suddenly he's all cranky.
I haven't really followed the expeditions my character isn't in, so it's fun to read these exchanges in town.
I've been doing the same thing, and I'm really enjoying hearing the snippets and half-truths back in town. It's like I'm actually getting my own town rumours first hand from the other players!

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Starbeard »

Zhym wrote:
Zorroroaster wrote:My head hurts.
Here's a little timeline I put together to help me grok the coming and goings from Vaul:
Wow, Zhym, that's really helpful. For anyone from the Bertram expedition who might've accompanied Lug, it can be assumed that they spent the whole of the 27th doing the necessary 'back in town' business, assuming that they could meet up with Lug the next day and talk about an expedition — only to wake up and learn that Lug & Co. had already bunked out of town right at dawn.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by KingOfCowards »

Zhym wrote: So, from the morning of April 27 until the morning of April 28, everyone but Orrin, Rhodri, Kennit, and Remus are in Vaul. Lug's group leaves on the 28th, and by May 2, everyone but Lug's group is in Vaul.
Thanks Zhym. That's a very good timeline, I was having some trouble keeping things straight myself. My one comment is what you say about May 2. It may end up that Bromric's party has to retreat because of the fire, but it appears that they are heading out on April 30th.

That leaves the following PC's in Vaul until either Lug's group or Bromric's expedition return:

Harold Willoughby - male human - April 28, VC 1 - Vaul (zhym)
Galen - male human - April 27, 1 VC - Vaul (spartakos)
Bertram - male human - May 2, 1 VC - Vaul (KingofCowards)
Krista Kane - female human - May 3, VC 1 -Vaul (hedgeknight) - Committed to helping the Vaul army
Ulf Stronghammer - male dwarf - May 3, VC 1 - Vaul (zhym) - Committed to helping the Vaul army
Kennit Buckthorn - male halfling - May 2, 1 VC - Vaul (kingofcowards) - Leaving May 4th
Rhodri - male elf - May 2, 1 VC - Vaul (spartakos) - Leaving May 4th
Orrin Lighthammer - male dwarf - May 2, 1 VC - Vaul (Zorroroaster)
Remus - male human - May 2, 1 VC - Vaul (monkeywrench)
Odium - male human - April 29, 1 VC - Vaul (Starbeard)

EDIT: I just wanted to also note the characters expected commitments in the near future.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#326 Post by Dogma »

Great timeline Zhym

To be honest I hadn't been posting in the tavern because I wasnt sure if Martin would even be there in the same time line.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Zhym »

It's quite the group that's lining up so far to join Demon Bertram, BTW. Assuming Odium and Melvin go, that's four MUs, two clerics, and one fighter (plus the demon dwarf).

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Marullus »

Zhym wrote:Demon Bertram
Bwahahaha! :twisted: My misinformation campaign is working!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Keehnelf »

Zhym wrote:It's quite the group that's lining up so far to join Demon Bertram, BTW. Assuming Odium and Melvin go, that's four MUs, two clerics, and one fighter (plus the demon dwarf).
Those spell casting types are drawn to extra planar power like moths to a flame...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Zhym »

Marullus wrote:
Zhym wrote:Demon Bertram
Bwahahaha! :twisted: My misinformation campaign is working!
DAMMIT! :lol:
Keehnelf wrote:Those spell casting types are drawn to extra planar power like moths to a flame...
With much the same result, no doubt.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#331 Post by KingOfCowards »

Zhym wrote:It's quite the group that's lining up so far to join Demon Bertram, BTW. Assuming Odium and Melvin go, that's four MUs, two clerics, and one fighter (plus the demon dwarf).
Can't have Odium and Seadu on the same expedition, both are played by Starbeard and its one PC per party per player. But, SERIOUSLY Zhym...I expected more from you. Half the cast think Bertram's a dwarf, the other half think he's a demon, and somehow I heard the rumor that he helped the Black Beast rape and pillage Fangir's clan

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Keehnelf »

KingOfCowards wrote:
Can't have Odium and Seadu on the same expedition, both are played by Starbeard and its one PC per party per player. But, SERIOUSLY Zhym...I expected more from you. Half the cast think Bertram's a dwarf, the other half think he's a demon, and somehow I heard the rumor that he helped the Black Beast rape and pillage Fangir's clan
For what it's worth, every single one of those rumors is verifiably true.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Zhym »

Huh. I thought Odium was brought in to join the Bromric Bertram demon. Hadn't even noticed that both he and Seadu were run by the same player.

And I've been as bad about confusing Bromric and Bertram as anyone.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by Keehnelf »

I think Odium is just looking for a chance at some easy power before the demon heads home :)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Starbeard »

Keehnelf wrote:I think Odium is just looking for a chance at some easy power before the demon heads home :)
No secrets there! :D

I did speak a little too hastily on volunteering Seadu for the expedition; now that I've rolled up Odium, I realize he would've been way more interested in that expedition, and Seadu would probably rather stick around for the battle.

Still, it's all for the best. Who knows what stupid side bargains Odium might make with a demon, given half a chance.

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#336 Post by KingOfCowards »

Harold is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters!
Between his reluctance to waste Branwyn's blessing on a horse and his interactions with the Visitor, Zhym certainly plays the role well.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by Zhym »

Thanks, but most of it is due to Keehnelf's detailed description of Branwyn's religion (and me asking him "What do the Lessons of Light say about this issue?" a lot).

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#338 Post by Spartakos »

AleBelly wrote:"But, treasure" protests Varas. "Besides, this could be a safe place to wait out the fires. And she's a nasty person. Magical, to boot. In my book, she has our gold!"
It's always refreshing to see someone out-mercenary Rhodri. :D

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by AleBelly »

Yeah, those two should get together!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Keehnelf »

I'll second KoC's appraisal. Zhym has definitely given Branwyn's faith a vitality and dynamism that isn't just about the description. I've been surprised and pleased by it even as it's infuriated other PCs. (In retrospect, OF COURSE an extremely lawful deity will be particular about the use of his blessings).

Thanks, zhym

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”