CHAPTER THREE: What the dead mage said

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: CHAPTER THREE: What the dead mage said

#201 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Alethan wrote:At the intersection, Bran looks down both corridors to see what he can see.
At the intersection, you can just make out a door on the eastern wall about 30' in the hallway to your south.
Nuke66 wrote:Gordon continues straight down the hallway.
Continuing straight, you reach a door about 30' past the intersection ... or the remains of a door. It's been battered badly and hangs precariously on its hinges, half-way open.

Actions?
Failure is always an option.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by onlyme »

sounds like the snake's been here. get ready

Iomhar, grabs tight to his sword, and follows the crowd toward the broken door, and who knows what inside.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#203 Post by Alethan »

Bran holds a hand up for silence so whoever is in the front can try and listen to see if they hear anything behind the broken door...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by rredmond »

Glogs coughs into his ruffles, and then returns Bran's glare with a "what?" look.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by hedgeknight »

Ulf grips his sword a little tighter and stows his wand away. Ignoring Glogs coughing, Ulf concentrates and listens for any type of sound or movement beyond the door.
Hear noise: [1d100] = 47
Winter is coming...

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#207 Post by Gelatinous Q »

hedgeknight wrote:Ulf grips his sword a little tighter and stows his wand away. Ignoring Glogs coughing, Ulf concentrates and listens for any type of sound or movement beyond the door.
Hear noise: [1d100] = 47
OOC: I'll let this stand, but in future that's a DM roll.

Ulf hears nothing coming from behind the battered door.
Nuke66 wrote:Gordon sneaks up and peeks through the door, hoping to see nothing.
It is as you hoped. The room (@ 30'x40') is empty, save for some bloodstains that lead from the center of the floor toward the door on the opposite wall.

OOC: Savik, how far back are you hanging from the group? Or have you resumed your position in the second rank?

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#208 Post by Nuke66 »

Gordon turns to say "Give me a few before you enter, mayhap I can determine what happened here." Gordon turns back and inspects the floor, putting his tracking skills to the test.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by hedgeknight »

"Careful now," Ulf whispers, waiting on Gordon to do his work...
Winter is coming...

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#210 Post by Gelatinous Q »

The blood is still slightly warm, giving you a trace infravisional glow. There's a small pool of it in the center of the floor, and some bootprints (2 separate sets from what you can tell) that suggest some frantic motion and a hasty retreat toward the door on the eastern wall. Also, a long narrow smear of blood extending toward the same door.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by Argennian »

Gelatinous Q wrote:... OOC: Savik, how far back are you hanging from the group? Or have you resumed your position in the second rank?
OOC: Savik was remaining on guard with his bow readied at the north wall of the sarcophagus room, right where it meets the northeast passageway.

His intention was to remain in rearguard with the charmed orc Varg, watching the southern and northwestern passages for the snake or any other trouble while the others searched the eastern passage for the snake. By my calculations, the main party is still waiting outside at the partially-opened door east of him, about 60 feet away.

Once it appears that the party will be continuing into the room and further eastward, Savik will call Vargr over to him and move to take up a position in the northwest passage, at the intersection to the passageway leading south. If they continue eastward, he will follow, staying no farther than 50-60 feet behind them.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by onlyme »

Gelatinous Q wrote:The blood is still slightly warm, giving you a trace infravisional glow. There's a small pool of it in the center of the floor, and some bootprints (2 separate sets from what you can tell) that suggest some frantic motion and a hasty retreat toward the door on the eastern wall. Also, a long narrow smear of blood extending toward the same door.

Iomhar sees the smear, and it confirms his fear. There must be a snake, and fairly long one. He will eagerly let the fighters have at it first.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#213 Post by Alethan »

Bran steps into the room and examines the footprints. He assumes they are orc, but wants to try and confirm it, if possible.

"Let's stick together, make sure that thing doesn't have some way of circling around and coming at us from behind..."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by hedgeknight »

Avoiding the blood, Ulf moves to the eastern door and listens for any type of sound coming from behind it. While he listens he inspects the door and floor for anything that "smells" like a trap.
Winter is coming...

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#215 Post by Nuke66 »

"Seems our snake went that way." Gordon says pointing through the doorway. "Prolly already has eaten thought, might just be sleeping by now."

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#216 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Alethan wrote:Bran steps into the room and examines the footprints. He assumes they are orc, but wants to try and confirm it, if possible.
The bootprints could be orc or hobgoblin or human — you can't definitively tell.
hedgeknight wrote:Avoiding the blood, Ulf moves to the eastern door and listens for any type of sound coming from behind it. While he listens he inspects the door and floor for anything that "smells" like a trap.
You sense nothing suspicious on or around the door, and hear nothing emanating from beyond it.

Actions?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by hedgeknight »

Sensing no danger, Ulf motions for his companions and then attempts to open the door...
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#218 Post by Alethan »

Bran follows his similarly diminutive friend through the door...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#219 Post by onlyme »

Iomhar finds it difficult to relax. He focuses on what may be just around each corner, and grips his sword tightly as he folllows in line.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by Argennian »

Savik calls out to the others in common from back beyond the door they entered the blood-covered chamber by. "Umm, gentlemen? Hang on there just a moment. Think we might have something down the southern passage back here..."

OOC: PM sent! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “1E Greyhawk: Strange Days in Ratik”