V. Town of Belhaim

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

V. Town of Belhaim

#1 Post by dmw71 »

The group thanks Ms. Orem for her generous hospitality. "Definitely nothin' at this hour, son," she says when asked about a place to have their wounds treated. "You might try 'Xemne's Tonics' tomorrow, or one of the two temples here in town: 'House of Abadar,' of the Abadar faction, and the 'Shrine of the Seven Roses,' of the Shelyn faction, which we frequent." mentioning that Father Genser might be able to help. "Honestly, though, you'll have better luck in Cassomir for that sort of thing," explaining that Cassomir is a town a day or two ride from Belhaim.

As for supplies, she says that it depends on what the group is looking for, but their best bet would be to visit Caspar Tymek over at his general store, but also mentions that the town also has a few other specialty shops, a leatherworker, and two smithy's. "But, avoid 'Chance Smithy' if at all possible. That Marcus Chance quite the brute." she explains. After the bathing and enjoying a freshly cooked meal, the groups pair up and turn in for the night.

Waking after an uneventful and restful night of sleep, the group heads downstairs to meet for a warm breakfast and discuss strategy. After which, Sylvan briefly excuses himself from the group in search of a dog or a wolf.

---

Okay, unless you want to role-play the various trips, you won't have any problem finding the mentioned items (hammer, pitons, rope, etc...) in town. If you can just provide me with a list of who is buying what, I can get you the prices.

Otherwise, feel free to discuss strategy over a complementary breakfast.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: V. Town of Belhaim

#2 Post by AleBelly »

"Gentlemen, I've prepared a few healing spells. Let me know if you need them before I go look for a four-legged companion" says Sylvan between mouthfuls of food.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

In the morning, Sparrow remains unconscious. "I'll accompany you," Festus says to Sylvan after reminding the group of his intent to search for a four-legged companion.

Before either of them leave, anyone paying attention notices a sturdy-looking human dining at a nearby table. This man doesn't make much of effort to conceal his interest in the group's discussions.
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan returns to the tavern with a puzzled look on his face. "Festus had to leave. Wouldn't tell me why. We need to find someone to replace his muscle, I think."

He takes his leave of the party to go tend to Sparrow.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Storm11 »

Kassel asks the druid for some healing, feeling a step away from death himself.

He will ask Ms Orem if she knows who the curious fellow is and where he comes from.

The gnome heads out in search of a sturdy cushioned box in which to safely stow the bottle of slime.

If he has time he will take himself out back and conduct some experiments upon it, dripping just a drop upon some wood, and all metal nail or screw if he can find one, and some ragged cloth.
Greys Campaign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

Ciar likewise asks for some of Sylvan's healing magic, feeling rather poorly still.

Then he approaches the table with the lone person staring at them and asks, "What's yer deal, then, mate? Need sommit?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by onlyme »

Fulp heads down for breakfast and says he left Sparrow sleeping upstairs, but that his condition didnt seem to worsen any.

Also, I need to run a few errands myself. Wont be gone long.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

While they all arrive downstairs at different times, the entire group does reconvene at a single table to enjoy a warm breakfast. Fulp indicates that Sparrow is resting soundly. Sylvan inquires as to healing requests, and both Ciar and Kassal indicate they’re in need.

Once the presence of the curious local is detected, Kassal looks to flag Ms. Orem, to ask her about him, but Ciar takes a more direct approach. The halfling excuses himself from the table and walks over to the stranger. "What's yer deal, then, mate?" he asks. "Need sommit?" The curious eavesdropper, who turns out to be little more than a child, quickly becomes nervous, and even scared once approached by Ciar, and promises he was simply hoping to overhear stories of what was found inside the fallen tower.

---

At some point during the morning, Fulp, Kassal, Sylvan and Festus all exit the inn.

Sylvan is the first to return, and does so without a four-legged companion… or Festus.

Once Fulp and Kassal also return, Sylvan settles the group down and is just about to break some news to the group when Sparrow is spotted approaching the table, walking under his own power! Still in a weakened state, Sylvan quickly casts a healing spell on their now conscious companion… before sharing the news that Festus, without sharing a reason, needed to take leave of ‘Belhaim’ and has left the group.

After everyone has enjoyed their meal, a decision needs to be made as to their next course of action, and also how to handle the current state of health of the remaining party members.

Okay, that is where things stand.

I know Kassal indicated, time permitting, he would like to experiment with the slime sample he procured from within the tower. Anyone else have plans they look to accomplish?

What is the groups next course of action?
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by AleBelly »

When convenient, Sparrow attempts to heal Kassel and Ciar.

Cure light wounds [1d8] = 3 on Kassel

Cure light wounds [1d8] = 3 on Ciar

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by Alethan »

Ciar returns to the table shaking his head after the youth ran scared, "Thought it might have been someone who could join us, but it was just some kid. Woulda figured out how to drop a sword if we'd sewn it to his hand, more than likely. But maybe someone'll turn up. Keep yer eyes open."

He thanks Sylvan for the blessing, "That feels a bit better, yeah."

Ooc: corrected healer's name

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#11 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As Sparrow approaches the table of his comrades, he shakes his head side to side violently, as if shaking out some cobwebs. He slams his palms down on the table a little harder than he was trying to.

I have but one question to ask all of you.......

What in the...hells happened back there?

He sits down with his friends and eats like he hasn't in days. He continues speaking with a mouthful of food.

Last thing I remember is that god awful slime!

:D :D :D

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Storm11 »

Kassel thabks Sylvan for his magic. "I feel much better thank you. A day of rest should see me right!" he indicates.

To Sparrow, the gnome will quickly fill him in on what occurred. i am surprised we haven't heard from our benefactor about what has occurred. Unless she has been informed of our progress already by someone."
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by onlyme »

Fulp looks around.
So we lose the dwarf, you say... and that youngster didnt look useful? Uggh, we could use some brawn to protect us. Heck, I couldnt fight a centipede, Ciar couldnt fight gravity and Sparrow here couldnt swim through algae. We need muscle or better gear, I'd say.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Storm11 »

"More than that we need some actual funds from this adventuring gig. Sure we slew a devil, but that little squirt was penniless." the gnome says irritably.
Greys Campaign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by Alethan »

Ciar says, "I'll handle getting us across that ledge safely, if others want to tackle the slime or the metal guardian. We also need some rope - something we can keep permanently at the entrance and some more for emergencies."

He goes out to look to purchase a small hammer, 10 pitons, and a length of rope, as well as a half dozen torches.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by onlyme »

Fulp calls out to Ciar before he leaves,
Hey, let's look for an actual ladder for that first descent. It's only 15 feet, but why use up our strength before we get down there.
Also, did anyone see anything in those other hallways before the invisible impette's room? Do we need skeleton keys or the like? I didnt spend enough time to see what was what.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by dmw71 »

"My lady," Ms. Orem is heard saying, the phrase enough to interrupt the group's planning session. Anyone that looks recognizes Lady Devy enter the inn. Spotting the group, she leads her three person entourage to your table.
Origena Devy.png
Origena Devy.png (44.07 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
"May we join you?" she asks. "I heard that you returned late last night, and would like to discuss your findings... and future plans."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Storm11 »

"Lady Devy" says the gnome nodding and indicating a spare chair,"Of course, take a seat. We encountered some vermin and a devil below the ruins of the tower, which I believe could have belonged to a wizard as their familiar. The loss of such a creature could be quite disasterous for said magus, and thus if it was the case we may have already dealt our enemy a grievous blow. We plan to return and further explore but we're all severely injured by a clever trap room. We could sorely use some coin to equip ourselves with such things as ladders and spades etc."
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by onlyme »

Fulp will be content to sit back and listen, observing her reaction to the request for pay.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by dmw71 »

Lady Devy looks at Kassal. "You are quite the little negotiator, are you not?" she says with a light chuckle. Without much thought, she replies: "Your reward money is for answers, and you shall not have it - any of it - until I have those answers, but I am not unreasonable. Make me a list of requested supplies, and I will see to it that you receive them."

Assuming the matter closed, she quickly changes the subject. "A devil, you say?" she repeats quietly. "Do tell me more."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”