Prologue: Strangers in a Strange Land

Marcanus_da_Lich
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Prologue: Strangers in a Strange Land

#141 Post by Marcanus_da_Lich »

Grindhelm sits down and sighs. "Either something in that forest got to me, or we're being told to go in and jump off of something. Something tells me that I'm not under influence." he starts thumbing through his small leather book again before cursing and putting it away.

"We better find something good in here. I will not go in there for nothing, even if I have to carve it out myself."

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#142 Post by Synthalus »

Bruno the Mad

Bruno claps his friend the dwarf know as Grindhelm on the shoulder and says:

" Buck up Grindhelm, Garl Glittergold has led me to this location. There has to be something inside that the greedy bastard wants if he sent me, and that means its worth while!"
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Coleridge
Guide
Guide

#143 Post by Coleridge »

Calto Moonslayer, Exploratory Druid

The druid nods, considering his companions’ advice and the threat of the pursuing savages.

“Aye, perhaps the high ground is the best avenue of entrance. Very well. I can assist with healing once we are in a defensible position and before we rest to recover our magics.”

Calto hands his simian companion some more rations before he carefully approaches the structure, pausing at the foot of the pyramid steps.

“It’s best to be cautious though, I think.” Before setting foot onto the pyramid, the half-elf calls upon nature for magical assistance.

Since we are close to resting, Calto will cast Detect Magic and then Detect Snares & Pits before he begins cautiously climbing the stairs.

How is my charmed savage doing? I’m guessing he’s resisting heading towards the shrine. If possible, I will compel him to approach with me.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Grognardsw »

The baboon paces nervously, swinging its arms, screeching and refusing to go up the steps. Instincts seem difficult to overcome. So too are superstitions - the charmed savage shakes his head, talking his guttural unknown language. He too seems adamant about not going up. The friendly native seems very worried, talking and pointing between the savage, the jungle and the pyramid. It seems he is undecided between which threat is the worst.

Calto the druid prays over his mistletoe and is granted divine sight, his eyes seeing new spectrums of energy. The adventurers move up the stairs, Calto carefully observing the steps with his magic vision. No dangers present themselves. The party reaches the top approximately 200' up.

Rising above the tree line they have a view of the surrounding area and jungle horizon as the sun sets.

The tree canopy prevents any view of the surface.

At the top of the ziggurat they behold...
Our story continues in Chapter One: Into the Shrine! - viewtopic.php?p=184183#p184183

Return to “The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan (1e)”