Session 25: The Galdaneth

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Session 25: The Galdaneth

#1 Post by Johnny Champion »

Topic related to Session 25. Keep all posts here. The more feedback provided, the more in response.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session 25: The Galdaneth

#2 Post by Johnny Champion »

History Torrean Mizarets and the Quineque:

There are many legends of the Torrean Mizarets, many untrue. Much of the truth has been lost along with the stones. But of what is known, still questions abound;

How many were made?
How many are still in the realm?
What purposes were they constructed?

What is known is that each had a specific essence from which it drew its power. The Quineque, the five Mizarets crafted by Fundilum, are the most famous of these artifacts. Many view them to be legend. What is known is that they were all crafted by the most powerful Torreans at the peak of their power.

Quineque: Legends state that for eons, mortals had no protectors against the rampaging world at large. Magical beast and aberrations of all kinds dwelt freely on the Earth. Humans were left to the darkest corners, the forgotten wastelands where even the most loathsome beast had not reason to dwell. The gods themselves paid no heed to their affairs and gladly assumed their souls for their own ends. No matter how accomplished a mortal became, his life could be extinguished arbitrarily. But lore was learned and the Black Obsidian harnessed; then great craftsmen with help from another plane worked in the dark corners. They crafted the stones, the Mizarets, that called forth power of the Old Ones. The greatest of these were the Quineque, Five stones that channelled the deeds of power, valor, might and magic, for good or ill, through the well spring and amplified these deeds; with this power infusing the mortal with more power. Valiant humans undertaking heroic deeds would then be infused with more power. As the Torreans learned to harness this power, they soon challenged the supremacy of the gods. At first, the deities were unaware of what was unleashed. Humans of unbridled power in magic and might, heroes of old, marched upon the ancient order. Once the power was released it could not be restricted. It is through the stones and the channeling of the well spring to the prime material that allowed for the making of heroes. Humans and their kind then ventured out of the shadows and the Dawn of the Human Age was born, the cities of humans dotted the realm.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Tungsten »

Happy Birthday!!! BTW : )

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

The Scroll

#4 Post by Johnny Champion »

To speed up gameplay because no one has asked about the Scroll (even though I re-quoted its existence):

Scroll
Though dragons of lore destroyed the ramparts of your ancient spires, it is has now come time to build anew our alliance. My master’s children, the family of Hildegard, are not plentiful in this realm. Heroes and infidels have sought them out, killing them for treasure and their own prideful lust. They know not the true wrath of dragon-kind, but I shall remind them. The Dragonaige was torn apart by the dreadful rule of Imperial Gaitanis, but they have learned, since they have been sent to the four corners, weeping in their puny clans and petty kingdoms. But all will remember that once there were terrible consequences of harming my offspring, that entire civilizations were brought down to kneel, to seek subjugation. But now, Tuxamet, Ethlaruu, and even Gorgonathet have perished, almost to much for me to withstand. But Master has nurtured her vengeful brood, deep in the Shadowland they have grown. Like in ages past, she shall call them forth, to return to their true colors and this land. But Galdaneth and the ritual will open the link to bring them forth and replenish the Earth with our kind.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Tungsten »

Well you kind of cock-blocked Faelwen by saying she couldn't read it and Tungsten sure as hell isn't going to succeed!!!

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Tungsten »

Those Dragons sound really pissed off!!!

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Johnny Champion »

Tungsten wrote:Well you kind of cock-blocked Faelwen by saying she couldn't read it and Tungsten sure as hell isn't going to succeed!!!
She tried the first time, but she could've tried harder or enlisted others to assist. Though powerful, she is a Bad-Ass Evoketress, not a learned sage!

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Rhourk »

"The party finds a mysterious scroll; it is not a spell scroll, but etchings and markings denote an otherworldly origin. It must contain something vastly important if it is sealed in such a manner. Even Faelwen cannot open it with her magic, which is now almost unequaled in Caldaera."

That scroll? Sure I'll bite. Nihil, no longer smart enough to read, tries to sneak up on it. The Kaleb takes a look, to see if it's written in common, common or Axe.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: The Scroll

#9 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote:deep in the Shadowland they have grown.
Lol. You misspelled "Scholl Valley"
Autocorrect for the fail.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Agnati »

[Like]
Rhourk wrote: That scroll? Sure I'll bite. Nihil, no longer smart enough to read, tries to sneak up on it. The Kaleb takes a look, to see if it's written in common, common or Axe.
[/Like]

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:"The party finds a mysterious scroll; it is not a spell scroll, but etchings and markings denote an otherworldly origin. It must contain something vastly important if it is sealed in such a manner. Even Faelwen cannot open it with her magic, which is now almost unequaled in Caldaera."

That scroll? Sure I'll bite. Nihil, no longer smart enough to read, tries to sneak up on it. The Kaleb takes a look, to see if it's written in common, common or Axe.
Somehow, Faelwen was able to use a ritual 'Comprehend Languages' and then translated for everyone. The text is several replies above.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Johnny Champion »

Messenger From Falinor: Piter, the Ever Living, has been decimated. Hail to you and your companions for this great victory. You defeated him in his Great Arcane Citadel, Uncanium Plator. We knew not its location but on Reynolds Keep it sat all these Millennia. The Galdaneth Mizaret is at the heart of the evil that has befallen the land. It is now seen through visions to be in diabolical hands, awaiting a fell ritual at the Cycles End. You must find the Stone before it is used. My advice and those of our brethren are exhausted. Seek council in Sidon, as perhaps the Priestess will have knowledge of this lore.”

Falinor, Magistrate of Esterik
Falinor
Falinor
Falinor.jpg (6.16 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
Last edited by Johnny Champion on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Johnny Champion »

Word From Grand Duke Leopold IV: "My dear friends, you have found my son and I am eternally grateful. Your lands in the Scholl will be expanded countless miles. However, Elissa has fled. She has been detected entering the strange town of Milvane. My sages suggest this town in Nepekan in of the Olden Magic, though I know not. Tell Jerrod that I await his return and his rightful place by my side. I plan on traveling to Sidon to meet my son and will discuss with Helio Verum the path forward. I have heard that several of your party have paid the ultimate price. I will discuss with Haysa. Safe Travels my friends. Leopold"

Leopold IV, Grand Duke of Wesphalia
Leopold IV
Leopold IV
Leopold IV.png (155.62 KiB) Viewed 3787 times

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Johnny Champion »

DM: If I remember correctly, the party wishes to return to Sidon with Kaleb's ashes. There the hope was to arrive at the temple, meet with the High Priestess Haysa, perform the Resurrection Rite and return Kaleb to the land of the living.

Agnati: Please adjust the Community Chest to reflect the gems used in the ritual.

You are now aware that Grand Duke Leopold IV and his entourage (sans Elissa) will be guests in Sidon as well. Gameplay will start with the return of Kaleb, and a meeting with Haysa, Jerrod and the Grand Duke.

Please post any thoughts, questions or party direction ASAP. :)

DM: The potion spreadsheet indicates that there is a Reintegration Potion that will help in cases like what happened to Kaleb. Worth reading.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Agnati »

You are correct about us going to Sidon.
Seeing as how the sage (/cough) told us of this herb, Mirenna, and that it's usually found in colder mountainous regions, I say we search for it at the nearest opportunity! Would our followers be able to search for herbs like this or is this recommended for PCs?
I suggest, first though, we ask the local dealer "herbalist" or alchemist if he either has any we can purchase (or a pre-made Reintegrate potion) or knows of where we can find it.
It would also be a good idea for us to make contact with our NPC "followers" (we need a collective name for them. "associates"?) and see how many of them are still alive and what there status is.

And instead of us using half of a session to do this, Mr. Dm, would you like to give us a gp ceiling as to how much gem/jewelry can be sold in Sidon as well as a flat haggle value percentage to use?
Regarding Kaleb's resurrection, Johnny Champion wrote:
Resurrection: Lose (2) random ability scores: roll 2d6 (S,I,W,D,C,Ch), Requires 10,000gp Gem or Equivalent, Magical Item or priceless Item will help pay off *Nerull, god of the Dead. Loses level, must perform (2) System Shock Rolls (3d6 vs. Con). If either roll is equal to or higher than Con, then PC will not be able to return without divine intervention.
Regarding Kaleb's resurrection, Johnny Champion wrote:Agnati: Please adjust the Community Chest to reflect the gems used in the ritual.
If acceptable, we have this gem to offer:
  • Type: Aquamarine
  • Size: Large
  • Quality: Good
  • Cut: Cut
  • Value: 13,500gp
Aquamarine is unused as a normal spell component. Perfectly usable, however, as payment.
Objections?

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:You are correct about us going to Sidon.
Seeing as how the sage (/cough) told us of this herb, Mirenna, and that it's usually found in colder mountainous regions, I say we search for it at the nearest opportunity! Would our followers be able to search for herbs like this or is this recommended for PCs?
I suggest, first though, we ask the local dealer "herbalist" or alchemist if he either has any we can purchase (or a pre-made Reintegrate potion) or knows of where we can find it.
It would also be a good idea for us to make contact with our NPC "followers" (we need a collective name for them. "associates"?) and see how many of them are still alive and what there status is.

And instead of us using half of a session to do this, Mr. Dm, would you like to give us a gp ceiling as to how much gem/jewelry can be sold in Sidon as well as a flat haggle value percentage to use?

DM: Sidon will normally fetch about 75% +- d20% + Proficiency. After 30K-40K worth of gems are sold you will reach a saturation where you will then get 50% base. The Potion Components are not fully set. I have another day or two. I need help BTW.
Regarding Kaleb's resurrection, Johnny Champion wrote:
Resurrection: Lose (2) random ability scores: roll 2d6 (S,I,W,D,C,Ch), Requires 10,000gp Gem or Equivalent, Magical Item or priceless Item will help pay off *Nerull, god of the Dead. Loses level, must perform (2) System Shock Rolls (3d6 vs. Con). If either roll is equal to or higher than Con, then PC will not be able to return without divine intervention.
Regarding Kaleb's resurrection, Johnny Champion wrote:Agnati: Please adjust the Community Chest to reflect the gems used in the ritual.
If acceptable, we have this gem to offer:
  • Type: Aquamarine
  • Size: Large
  • Quality: Good
  • Cut: Cut
  • Value: 13,500gp
Aquamarine is unused as a normal spell component. Perfectly usable, however, as payment.
Objections?
Haysa: This is a beautiful piece. Saddened for its loss but Kaleb is worth more. Give it to me!

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Tungsten »

I forgot what you said about Piter's Spellbook? Faelwen is obviously interested.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Johnny Champion »

Helios Verum decimated the hideout of Taashin and his conspiring Storm Giants. Suthermuun was killed along with Taashin and 5 Storm Giants. Elissa was quickly tied up and gagged with all necessary precautions and Spare the Dying was administered. Caldaryon, the Storm Giant King, was informed by the stranger named Marthu Larzen. Marthu was the drow you met at the Merkid-Voom tavern in Vahl. He provided Caldaryon the information he provided you regarding the location of Taashin.

Caldaryon expects to conduct a trial for the traitors. You are asked to accompany him and his retinue back to the Uruk Island as his guests of honor. It is there you can ask questions of Elissa he states, but first he must pull from her all that she knows.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Johnny Champion »

Questions for Elissa and Caldaryon will be answered.

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Agnati »

Given the stakes of our failure, it may be wise for anyone without "good" alignment (possibly "lawful" as well) to step away while information is extracted properly using whatever is necessary.

IF
Elissa gives adequate answers under.... "persuasion"
THEN
Asks Caldaryon quickest route to ritual place
ELSE
Asks Caldaryon same questions in a much nicer and less "torturous" manner

"How many Mizaret stones does she or her master have possession of and where are they? Where is the ritual to take place? What power do these stones have?"

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”