CHAPTER TWO: In Tassin's Wood

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: CHAPTER TWO: In Tassin's Wood

#121 Post by Alethan »

onlyme wrote:

I think we already have a sack for the book, so that should be it, correct? if so, I suppose we head back to the inn.

Yeah, Bran has several sacks. I'm good with going back to the inn.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#123 Post by Gelatinous Q »

For the sake of expediency...

Just south of the village's major intersection, you meet Ramblinggate approaching, a canvas bundle in hand.

"I reckoned I would catch you at Hamish's or at the Scarlet Moon, which is where I'm bound." He opens the canvas bundle to reveal your grappling hook. "As you can see, your hook is finished — a fine piece, I wager, and still warm to the touch. Come — we'll settle accounts at the inn."

It is dusk. The temperature is dropping.
Failure is always an option.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by onlyme »

Nuke66 wrote:"Perfect"

Good... Then let's go drink to the coming darkness.

Iomhar heads toward the inn, looking around for any familiar or odd characters.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#126 Post by Alethan »

Bran follows, ready for another drink to wash away the dust of the road.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#127 Post by Gelatinous Q »

With Ramblinggate in tow, you head to The Scarlet Moon. In the courtyard, you meet the flour-splotched local who was dining there earlier on his way out. He and Ramblinggate exchange perfunctory greetings. Once he's clear of the gate, Ramblinggate whispers, leading you through the stalls toward the bar room:

"That's our miller, Clattridge. Tragic story. Wife and baby girl, killed in a fire last year. The poor wretch is inconsolable — and yet, the mill has never run so fine and efficient as since the incident. I surely wouldn't have the spirit for it in his spot."

Inside, custom in the tavern is starting to pick up. Two tables are occupied with 4 villagers each, all engaged in boisterous conversation and gambols. The two bleary-eyed yokels who've been at the end of the bar all day are still there, none the worse for wear apparently, and the younger of the two has acquired a lady companion, whose full-throated laugh sounds like a scalded pig.

Glogs sits at the other end of the bar (nearest the stable entrance) by himself, his back to you. Three horns of ale sit before him. Savik and Ulf are nowhere to be seen.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by Nuke66 »

Gordon picks the same table from earlier, back to the corner, easy sight of the door.

Hailing the bar keep, he holds up one finger, and twirls it around.

"Join us Ramblinggate"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by onlyme »

Can we get the back corner tables like before? What tables are occupied by the two 4 tops? I would guess all of us would prefer to take one of those corner tables if possible.

Iomhar walks up and slaps Glogs on the back, causing ale to spill all over his ruffled pale blue shirt.
I see you bored our friends to the point of leaving drink unfinished...Ha...Come good man and join the rest of us over there. Let us discuss the afternoon's activities.

Iomhar mentions to the barkeep that he would like to take the two drinks over to their new table to wait on the missng two.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Argennian »

Savik and Ulf enter the tavern proper, engaged in light and apparently mirthful conversation.

When the elf sees the party posted up at their previous table, he makes his way over and takes a empty seat, looking for Glogs to point out the horns of ale that should be awaiting him and the gnome.

"Sorry for the brief absence, friends. Master Ulfronde and I had some... things we needed to discuss in private. Although we were offered horns of ale for conducting a brief errand for Innkeep Kreagold, I will offer mine to anyone here interested. I do not drink the stuff, as I have found it to dull my senses.

And so, how did the gathering of provisions go then?"
the elf asks curiously, looking around the table.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by onlyme »

Argennian wrote:
"Sorry for the brief absence, friends. Master Ulfronde and I had some... things we needed to discuss in private. Although we were offered horns of ale for conducting a brief errand for Innkeep Kreagold, I will offer mine to anyone here interested. I do not drink the stuff, as I have found it to dull my senses.

And so, how did the gathering of provisions go then?"
the elf asks curiously, looking around the table.

Well, I would certainly hate to see a good cup of ale go to waste. Thank you most kind sir. I hope the errand wasnt difficult. As for our provisions, I think they got what they needed. Even picked up an unused block and tackle.

Iomhar takes a sip of the ale.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#132 Post by Gelatinous Q »

(Pardon the skew on the image — having some minor problems with my scanner that I'm too lazy to try to fix at the moment)

Tables B & C are occupied by villagers, 4 at each table. The rest of the room is yours.

The time is @ 5:30 — dusk.

One other note on the map: you'll have to imagine a door on the north wall of the barroom that allows entry in area 3, the kitchen. Otherwise Kreagold's runners would drop dead in one night — and your food would come to table via the stables. :o

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#133 Post by Gelatinous Q »

As you try to decide which tables to occupy, a group of seven men in chain enter through the stables. They are armed with spears and long swords. One pulls Kreagold aside to arrange quarters for the night; the rest take seats at table G.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by onlyme »

Unfortunately I can't see the map at all, so I have imagine more than just the north side door. If there is a corner table still available that we can huddle around, great. If not whatever is the best defended from traffic/blindspots would work for me.

Speaking of which... I can see the two Ratik maps on the first post of the maps thread, but not the other ones. My company installed a new internet frustrator last week that appears to be working as designed. If there is any differences in the way those maps were posted, can you try doing that with the others???
Thanks

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#135 Post by Gelatinous Q »

onlyme wrote:
Speaking of which... I can see the two Ratik maps on the first post of the maps thread, but not the other ones. My company installed a new internet frustrator last week that appears to be working as designed. If there is any differences in the way those maps were posted, can you try doing that with the others???
Thanks
I think the simplest solution here is for you to find an employer with a less prohibitive internet surfing policy. ;)

The blocked images are all scans from the original mod/homebrew that I've uploaded to imageshack. The two Greyhawk maps you are able to see are just hotlinked to other people's sites. I'm not sure if there's a solve for this, but I'm open to suggestions.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#136 Post by Alethan »

Ah. Could be that Imageshack is what's being blocked. The solution is to have ToniXX make it so we have storage space on the forum to upload images. :)

Or try using Photobucket?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by onlyme »

Alethan wrote:Ah. Could be that Imageshack is what's being blocked. The solution is to have ToniXX make it so we have storage space on the forum to upload images. :)

I checked another forum I post on, and photobucket photos come through. Can you use those? If it is too much trouble, I can print them off at home and have a static copy hidden in my desk for posting...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by rredmond »

onlyme wrote:
Alethan wrote:Ah. Could be that Imageshack is what's being blocked. The solution is to have ToniXX make it so we have storage space on the forum to upload images. :)

I checked another forum I post on, and photobucket photos come through. Can you use those? If it is too much trouble, I can print them off at home and have a static copy hidden in my desk for posting...

Using the ADD FILE feature (below your post when you are posting) you can add a picture. I've done it so I know it works okay.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by rredmond »

onlyme wrote: Can we get the back corner tables like before? What tables are occupied by the two 4 tops? I would guess all of us would prefer to take one of those corner tables if possible.

Iomhar walks up and slaps Glogs on the back, causing ale to spill all over his ruffled pale blue shirt.
I see you bored our friends to the point of leaving drink unfinished...Ha...Come good man and join the rest of us over there. Let us discuss the afternoon's activities.

Iomhar mentions to the barkeep that he would like to take the two drinks over to their new table to wait on the missng two.
"Oh fie," Glogs says mostly to himself, "now I'll have to wash," as he gets up. He sits back down as he sees the others and starts dabbing his shirt with a clean part of tablecloth, or whatever clean fabric might be near by.

OOC: He may have cloths or handkerchiefs I'm guessing, still trying to catch up :lol:
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “1E Greyhawk: Strange Days in Ratik”