CHAPTER TWO: In Tassin's Wood

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: CHAPTER TWO: In Tassin's Wood

#181 Post by Alethan »

Gelatinous Q wrote:
Nuke66 wrote:"He was in the very room, not 4 hours ago. Seemed a nice enough fellow, but we have uneasy feelings about him."

"I could see some difficulty in apprehending him without a fight."
"Nothing would please me more than to see the perpetrator of this vile deed swinging from a gibbet," the paladin says, "and were this a lawful place, I might have sufficient reason to apprehend him. It pains me to say this, but at the moment, he is Ruas in conjecture only. Given his affiliations, I'll need more than that to subdue and spirit him away. I must compel or trick a confession from him."
Nodding sagely, Bran suggests, "Surely you mean 'compel' and not 'trick', my good knight. If this is something you plan on doing before we break our fast in the morning, and I can be of any service, then do let me know. I'm always for bringing justice to the guilty."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#182 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Alethan wrote:Nodding sagely, Bran suggests, "Surely you mean 'compel' and not 'trick', my good knight. If this is something you plan on doing before we break our fast in the morning, and I can be of any service, then do let me know. I'm always for bringing justice to the guilty."
The paladin bristles at the dwarf's admonition. "By guile or by force of arms, I shall bring the responsible party to justice in whichever manner the purifying light of Pholtus ordains," he says. Then almost as an afterthought: "You seem quite confident in the man's guilt. Prithee, has he shown you hard proof of this atrocity? Has he confided in you of the deed?"

Iano reemerges from the kitchen with Iomhar's bread and cheese, and takes additional orders.

You notice one of the elves has crossed the room and is now conversing with the soldiers at table G.

More villagers trickle in, and the elf Tristan has also reemerged from upstairs, taking a place at the stable-end of the bar. The barroom is nearly full now.
Failure is always an option.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by onlyme »

Gelatinous Q wrote:
Iano reemerges from the kitchen with Iomhar's bread and cheese, and takes additional orders.
Iomhar smiles at Iano and speaks,
"Ahh, I am most grateful m'lady for your prompt service. I had regretted almost at once requesting such a beautiful woman to perform a most laborious task as serving a mere mortal man a plate of food. But, seeing your smiling face has made it delightfully tolerable.

I believe someone of your good nature should be the one sitting at the banquet table being served by others. Yet, if this is the only manner in which I am granted an audience with you, then I shall do what I must."

He then looks to make sure the innkeeper is not looking, smiles and speaks a bit softer as he holds up his empty cup...

When you come back with our drinks, maybe you can sit a moment? Or tell me of a time you may be free?

He does a slight bow of his head for her acknowledgement.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#184 Post by Gelatinous Q »

onlyme wrote:
When you come back with our drinks, maybe you can sit a moment? Or tell me of a time you may be free?

Iano blushes and giggles. "Your sweet words do flatter, sire," she laughs. "But I have promised to meet Master Grainger for a lesson in conjugation after service is done."

OOC: Iomhar, you are on a serious losing streak with your reaction rolls since arriving in Tassin's Wood!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#185 Post by Alethan »

Gelatinous Q wrote: The paladin bristles at the dwarf's admonition. "By guile or by force of arms, I shall bring the responsible party to justice in whichever manner the purifying light of Pholtus ordains," he says. Then almost as an afterthought: "You seem quite confident in the man's guilt. Prithee, has he shown you hard proof of this atrocity? Has he confided in you of the deed?"

You notice one of the elves has crossed the room and is now conversing with the soldiers at table G.

More villagers trickle in, and the elf Tristan has also reemerged from upstairs, taking a place at the stable-end of the bar. The barroom is nearly full now.
"Alas... I have nothing for proof other than a hunch. And a good understanding of those who have been subverted. But if you have some idea of how we might prove his guilt, then I'm happy to assist you. I cannot think of any easy way to get him to confess..." He looks to the others at the table to see if they have any ideas.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by onlyme »

Gelatinous Q wrote:
onlyme wrote:

Iano blushes and giggles. "Your sweet words do flatter, sire," she laughs. "But I have promised to meet Master Grainger for a lesson in conjugation after service is done."

OOC: Iomhar, you are on a serious losing streak with your reaction rolls since arriving in Tassin's Wood!

Iomhar laughs at her, "Well there is no reason saving your energy for that chore, as I doubt you will be there more than a minute... Now about those drinks..."
Last edited by onlyme on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by Nuke66 »

"I have just been putting two and two together. I have not direct evidence, or confession to offer. My only point is that we may encounter the fellow again, and if we are together, we can offer mutual support to our missions. I some how get the feeling our paths are intertwined, for good or bad. Does the same thought cross your mind good Sir?"

Gordon sits back, and waves to the serving gal.

Mutton Chop for me with an ale.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#188 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Nuke66 wrote:"I have just been putting two and two together. I have not direct evidence, or confession to offer. My only point is that we may encounter the fellow again, and if we are together, we can offer mutual support to our missions. I some how get the feeling our paths are intertwined, for good or bad. Does the same thought cross your mind good Sir?"

Gordon sits back, and waves to the serving gal.

Mutton Chop for me with an ale.

Gordon: subtract 12 s.p.

"My mission is quite singular," the paladin replies cooly. "While any assistance you might volunteer on my behalf would be most appreicated, I cannot in turn obligate myself to your charges. Were I to apprehend this blackguard while in your company, I would be compelled to depart for Frostang on the instant to see him face justice. And were he to slip my grasp while I was off assisting you with these orcs ... Nay. Surely you see my predicament."

The skullet-sporting elf, Tristan, has wandered over to your table, a gill of brandy in hand. "I say, orcs!" he interrupts, perhaps a trifle too loudly. "What fun! If it means an equal share, I would delight in spilling some euroz blood."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Argennian »

Savik gets up from the table he was sharing with Grainger and makes his way back over to the table where Glogs, Iomhar and Ulfronde sit.

He takes a seat and begins puffing again on his pipe, looking around the table to the others and giving a quick double-raise of his eyebrows. The elf begins to again pay attention to the elves and soldiers interacting.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#190 Post by Nuke66 »

Nuke66 wrote:"My mission is quite singular," the paladin replies cooly. "While any assistance you might volunteer on my behalf would be most appreicated, I cannot in turn obligate myself to your charges. Were I to apprehend this blackguard while in your company, I would be compelled to depart for Frostang on the instant to see him face justice. And were he to slip my grasp while I was off assisting you with these orcs ... Nay. Surely you see my predicament."
"I do good man, we will see how things transpire."

Gordon turns to looks at the Elf with an incredulous look on his face, "Surely you jest"

OCC updated

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by onlyme »

Gelatinous Q wrote: The skullet-sporting elf, Tristan, has wandered over to your table, a gill of brandy in hand. "I say, orcs!" he interrupts, perhaps a trifle too loudly. "What fun! If it means an equal share, I would delight in spilling some euroz blood."
Iomhar laughs...
Ehh? Do you plan to scare them to death? Nay...But if you are looking for employment, this many Grainger here is in desparate need of a stand-in for later this evening, once he realizes he isnt man enough for his own sensual persuit.

He looks around to see if anything or anyone is worth investing more time in this evening, as he finishes off his simple supper.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by rredmond »

Glogs skootches his chair back a bit from the dwarf and the inevitable ale spin.

OOC: Yeah I said skootch, what of it!

IC: Glogs leans over to the others, "do we really need any," he makes a point glance around the pub, "help?"
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#193 Post by Alethan »

"Nay," replies Bran, "Only our spiritual guide, as it were. And we can pick him up after we break fast in the morning."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by onlyme »

rredmond wrote:
IC: Glogs leans over to the others, "do we really need any," he makes a point glance around the pub, "help?"

Iomhar turns his empty cup over in front of Glogs and answers in an exasperated sigh...
Well, we can't go behind the bar to get this ourselves, so yeah, apparently we need some help. But as for assistance with any adventuring outside these walls, none at this time, my friend.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#195 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Nuke66 wrote:Gordon turns to looks at the Elf with an incredulous look on his face, "Surely you jest"
Clearly affronted, the elf replies: "About such things I do not jest. Unlike good sir knight here, my services are available to you, and if you lack confidence in your group's strength to turn out these contemptible brutes, you'd do well to consider enlisting them. The euroz harriers that have been spilling over the Rakers in the past months are of the nastiest stripe, often enough under the command of creatures possessed of more wiles and cruelty than they are." He gives your party a cool appraisal. "An extra man on your side might well spell the difference between glory and having your scalp adorn some euroz chieftain's pole arm."

Some other goings-on:

After his discussion with Savik, Grainger has retired to the bar, well out of earshot, where he converses with Kreagold and Iano.

At the soldiers' table, the exchange between the men and the elf appears to be amicable, at least at first. Then the soldiers burst out in laughter and the elf bears a confused look. You can't make out what's been said.

The elf's companions seem quite unconcerned with their surroundings, mostly conversing amongst themselves. One rests his feet on the table and whittles away at a small chunk of wood, his cap pushed low over his eyes.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by onlyme »

Gelatinous Q wrote: After his discussion with Savik, Grainger has retired to the bar, well out of earshot, where he converses with Kreagold and Iano.

Savik, my hero... You must tell us what you said to finally get that heel to leave our area. I tried in vain all evening.

He then looks at Tristan as he continues... Better yet, maybe you should have the same conversation with this one.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#197 Post by Nuke66 »

"I was commenting on the 'terms' you have proposed. An equal share is not going to happen. Good night."

Gordon extends his hand to the Knight, bids him well, "Until we meet again."

Gordon stands, takes his supper back to the parties table.

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#198 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Nuke66 wrote:"I was commenting on the 'terms' you have proposed. An equal share is not going to happen. Good night."
"Quality costs, friend," Tristan replies, rubbing his fingers together. He shoots an icy look at Iomhar. "Judging by your companions, I see that this concept eludes you." He returns to the bar, stopping on his way to greet the table of elves.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Argennian »

onlyme wrote:
Gelatinous Q wrote: After his discussion with Savik, Grainger has retired to the bar, well out of earshot, where he converses with Kreagold and Iano.

Savik, my hero... You must tell us what you said to finally get that heel to leave our area. I tried in vain all evening.

He then looks at Tristan as he continues... Better yet, maybe you should have the same conversation with this one.

Savik waits until Tristan makes his way over to the table of elves and out of earshot, and also for Gordon and Bran to return.

He then whispers just loud enough for his companions to hear. "The game is afoot, friends. I believe I have identified our competition. I do not know how, but despite all of my attempts to convince him otherwise, Grainger knows exactly what we are searching for as well as who our employer is. I will elaborate more shortly," he offers as he then takes a puff from his almost finished pipe and keeps his eyes toward the bar.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by onlyme »

Argennian wrote:
He then whispers just loud enough for his companions to hear. "The game is afoot, friends. I believe I have identified our competition. I do not know how, but despite all of my attempts to convince him otherwise, Grainger knows exactly what we are searching for as well as who our employer is. I will elaborate more shortly," he offers as he then takes a puff from his almost finished pipe and keeps his eyes toward the bar.
Iomhar glances around, randomly rubs his well-trimmed pencil-thin mustache to prevent lip reading from afar, and then softly responds...

My instincts have been toward that direction myself. I also believe this Tristan is suspiciously inquisitive as well.

Return to “1E Greyhawk: Strange Days in Ratik”