On the Road

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

On the Road

#1 Post by Bloodaxe »

Its looking to be a nice day. A few friends, the family dog, a great day for a road trip....if it werent for the walking dead.

Its about 730am, vehicles are packed & gassed with what you have. There are only a few scattered Biter outside. That shouldnt be a problem.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: On the Road

#2 Post by saalaria »

steve - Trucker

Steve lets Lester lead and follows, keeping a subtle eye on Tiny for any sign of him getting bitey.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Dram »

Whitey- I will ride shotgun with Steve.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester locks the garage quickly and with a hurried glance back, he hops in the truck and pulls away, pausing to mow down a lone biter, chuckling grimly as it crunches under the plow. He slows down and motions for the others to roll down their windows. "Hey fellas, let's keep the speed slow but steady. We know we aint' the only ones out here, so we need to be careful. If we see any roadblocks or anything suspicious, let's stop and think it out. if we get ambushed or something, we need to blow through it. If for any reason we get separated short of the mall, let's meet back here at the garage, let's hit the mall all or nothing. Don't wanna' leave anyone behind. Be careful fellas. Let's roll!"

Lester rubs Blacky's head and says quietly "You watch yourself, Norm. Don't be a hero, eh?" and he drives away, keeping the speed about 30-35, telling everyone in the truck to keep a watchful eye out, and that includes the sky.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#5 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist

I'll keep an eye out for anything unusual, Derek tells Chance. Drive carefully and don't get too close- you never know when someone ahead may stop suddenly.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker - Chance's car

"I'll keep a look out the back, make sure nothing suspicious is happening."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by AleBelly »

Chance gets irked at someone telling him how to drive. He does, or did, do this for a living. "Alright, guys, let me know if you see anything."

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Bloodaxe »

There are only a few scattered biters as you head out, but the noise of the engines attracts more. You can easily drive around or through solitary creatures with Lester plow. Lathe groups might be a problem, but so far it's easy to outpace the dead shambling around.
The jogger still runs at the side of the road, totally ignoring all. Lester turns down a back road and the going gets a little slower. But all is well....so far.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester tries to avoid running the dead guys over with the plow if possible to avoid possibly damaging it or getting hung up. He'll drive around if possible. He mutters to the riders in the truck "I wanna mow them bastards down, but this thing's designed for snow, not people, so I don't wanna bust it up in case we really need it." As the party heads down the back roads, he sighs audibly and says "It's going to get a bit slower here, but let's keep our eyes peeled."

Lester drives on carefully, glancing about as he proceeds.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Bloodaxe »

The trip is taking longer than expected, the roads are in worse shape than you thought. There is the occasional abandoned vehicle, sometimes a wreck, that needs to be pushed out of the way or driven around. The dead still follow, but you easily outpace them. Some lose interest and wander off. For many of the Biters, it seems out of sight, means out of mind.

Chance's car shudders and you lose control of the vehicle. Something isnt right. The car lurches from side to side, you think a tire blew.
Attachments
flat.jpg
flat.jpg (581.04 KiB) Viewed 977 times

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Steve slow down there is a problem with chances car.

How many biters do we see. Can we safely change the tire? What supplies were in the car.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester stops quickly and says "Okay, we can do this. Let's get some guys out here to change this tire. A couple to watch with guns, and I'll act like a lawnmower and run down those far enough out and in the open that are heading this way. If worse comes to worse and we have to abandon the car, grab as much as you can and break for it. What do you all think? Times' a wastin'!"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Sounds like a plan. He jumps out of the truck weapon ready.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by saalaria »

Steve - Trucker

Steve stands on the floor of the truck/his door frame so he has an elevated view on what's approaching. He keeps eyes all around.

"You guys need any help or have you got it?"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker

"Just keep them biters well back. Chance, Derek, give me a hand. You two lift the supplies up as one and I'll yank the spare out."

Scott308

#16 Post by Scott308 »

Derek, Journalist

Derek will quickly exit the car and help lift supplies so Tucker can get at the spare tire as requested.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by AleBelly »

Chance pops open the trunk and pulls out the jack and tire iron. "would you believe this is the first time this has happened? Damn! You guys with the guns keep watch. I'll help change the tire."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Dram »

Whitey will climb to the back of the truck with his rifle ready.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Bloodaxe »

Only a few Biters are around and Lester is able to mow a couple down. He nearly gets stuck,but is able to drive free. You quickly change the tire. Just as you do, you hear a loud scream, and see a few Runners coming down the road after your group.

Scott308

#20 Post by Scott308 »

Derek, Journalist

Get in the car! Get in the car! shrieks Derek, quickly getting back into the front passenger seat of the car as he sees the Runners approaching.

Return to “Rot World RPG”