The Town of Stewgray

#1 Post by merias »

kjc
Strider
Strider

Re: The Town of Stewgray

#2 Post by kjc »

Arsenios - Cleric
Arsenios checks that Dai's body is secure, for the 30th time, since leaving the cave. He looks up at the sound of all the commotion in town, and then at his comrades, "What's all that about do you think?"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before." - my five-year-old son.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by greyarea »

Drizzle shrugs his shoulders. Hey, I got us here but I don't know this place at all. Let's find out.

Miraje
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by Miraje »

Adrog

I need some ale. Who cares about this other human stuff.

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by merias »

Adrog's wish seems to miraculously grant itself true - as you walk through the gate, ahead on your left is a low, 1-story timber and stone building with a weathered sign over the door portraying a green troll-like creature holding a frothy mug. "Drunken Troll" the sign proclaims. Right up Adrog's alley.

To your right you see what must be the guard barracks and stables, a few guardsmen mill about in front of it.

Immediately ahead is the town market, a circular clearing ringed by stalls and open-front shops, bustling crowds, and a small pond in the middle. Just beyond the market you spy a tall building with a bell tower peeking above the low market shops. Perhaps the temple?

Before you can think too much, the air shimmers in front of you, and you hear a soft 'pop'. Adrazzias. A sudden quiet falls over the market crowd and any passers-by hurry off the main road, away from you.

"Greetings, I see you have returned from the mines. A pity about your companion," the cloaked wizard says as he spies the body of Dai in tow. "No doubt you have a trinket or two for me, as per our, ahem, agreement?"

Actions?

Miraje
Strider
Strider

#6 Post by Miraje »

Adrog

Adrog's eyes flicker towards the bar, but out of respect for a dead companion, he bides his time. He mutters under his breath "Fine, whatever, get on with it...

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by greyarea »

Drizzle produces the scrying orb. This is all we were able to procure, given the deadliness of the place. We hope to return to get more for you, Adrazzias. Of course, were our companion revived, our chances of success would increase. Might you have influence with those who can raise dead?

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by merias »

Adrazzias snatches the orb and examines it briefly. His eyes widen before it disappears under his cloak.

"Our business is done, the Hobbit's mind is his own again," he says, looking at Ruby.

"As for your dead companion, the Patriarch Xorhasho will raise him, for a modest fee. He is in the town temple. However, I hold no sway with him, as he and I differ on matters of, shall we say, moral alignment? But I will offer something I seldom do, my own services, gratis, as your orb was more valuable than you knew. I warn you, however, that some don't survive the trip back from the realm of the dead, and a few return in a different form. But be quick about your decision, I have other matters to attend!"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by greyarea »

Drizzle looks to his companions. What do you say? We do this or we try the cleric? I say we try this just from a cash flow perspective.

OOC: Is the gopher site no longer being updated?

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Drizzle looks to his companions. What do you say? We do this or we try the cleric? I say we try this just from a cash flow perspective.

It is still there, it (at least the gopher blog part) just has not been updated in a few weeks. Could you not get to it?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by greyarea »

merias wrote:
greyarea wrote:Drizzle looks to his companions. What do you say? We do this or we try the cleric? I say we try this just from a cash flow perspective.

It is still there, it (at least the gopher blog part) just has not been updated in a few weeks. Could you not get to it?
Got into it just fine. I was just wondering if you'd abandoned it as the last update I could see was the 19th. If you aren't going to update regularly, maybe an Atom or RSS feed would be nice ;) (just kidding there, as I will probably continue to check it daily partly for the novelty of using Gopher again--strange... the novelty of old tech...)

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by merias »

greyarea wrote: Got into it just fine. I was just wondering if you'd abandoned it as the last update I could see was the 19th. If you aren't going to update regularly, maybe an Atom or RSS feed would be nice ;) (just kidding there, as I will probably continue to check it daily partly for the novelty of using Gopher again--strange... the novelty of old tech...)
I know what you mean, I too love old tech. And you were half-joking, but I could make an rss feed or email updater, I would just have to custom script it. Right now I'm working on a new 'adventures in text' adventure, ascii map and all, so that will be up soon-ish.

Now, back to the game - if you guys decide to attempt a reincarnation - I need Dai's level (did he ever make it to level 2?), CON and alignment. I can't find his charsheet anywhere.

Miraje
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by Miraje »

Adrog

Adrog, being a Dwarf...

We've already paid this gentleman, apparently, so let's have him give it a try.

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by merias »

Adrazzias looks annoyed at being made to wait so long, and with a sigh blinks out of your sight.

ooc: Where to now? Temple? Tavern? Inn? Market? If you want to hand-waive the town a bit, we can say you take care of Dai's body, get the value of your treasure, then hole up in the town inn where we can introduce kjc's new PC, "Dai Evenhardur". Let me know and we can skip forward a bit.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by greyarea »

Let's head off to the Inn, says Drizzle. We could use some R&R.

OOC: Was Dai brought back to us?

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Let's head off to the Inn, says Drizzle. We could use some R&R.

OOC: Was Dai brought back to us?
No, kjc indicated he wanted a new PC instead of un-dying Dai (check the ooc thread).

Miraje
Strider
Strider

#17 Post by Miraje »

[quote="greyarea"]Let's head off to the Inn, says Drizzle. We could use some R&R.

Adrog

About Kranken Brog time...

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by merias »

Arsenios deals with Dai's body and meets the others across town, at the Jolly Jester, Stewgray's only Inn. They have a restful few days, counting loot and having a few items identified or appraised (see campaign log thread).

Drizzle/Arsenios, let me know what spells you are memorizing, once you figure out if you leveled up.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by greyarea »

Drizzle does not level up. :( Close, no cigar.

Drizzle will explore the market and look into the mage guild to see if he can purchase a few more spells. Sleep is great and all, but it the only one in his paltry spell book at this point. ugh.

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:Drizzle does not level up. :( Close, no cigar.

Drizzle will explore the market and look into the mage guild to see if he can purchase a few more spells. Sleep is great and all, but it the only one in his paltry spell book at this point. ugh.
The Holmes/Delving Deeper scroll rules are in effect, so you can create a scroll of any first-level spell you have in your spellbook for 100GP and 1 week of time. Your spellbook has all the first level spells in it to start (2nd and higher level must be found or researched, at least beyond those automatically learned with level gains).

If you want to purchase a higher-level spell scroll, or see if any are even available in town let me know.

Return to “Nolenor (OD&D)”