Session 2: The Belly of the Beast

C. Steven Ross
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session 2: The Belly of the Beast

#301 Post by C. Steven Ross »

Ulrich: Great! I like it.

Norgrim, are you doing the heavy lifting here? If so, you have Ulrich's help, if you want it.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#302 Post by Enoch »

Norgrim's happy(ish) to do the heavy lifting, or at least to direct the effort. Not much different than hauling tailings out of the mine.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

C. Steven Ross
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#303 Post by C. Steven Ross »

Sho nuff! Make an Ob 3 Laborer test (digging, exhausted, dim light).

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Didn't Ulrich bring one of the torches he lit? :?

C. Steven Ross
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#305 Post by C. Steven Ross »

From this past Friday around noon EST

(Ulrich doesn't light more torches, retaining six. Someone can light a campfire.)

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#306 Post by Enoch »

Can I get Help from any of the others? Garen can't help because he's Sick, but Rand should be able to, right?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rand is too afraid to help anyone. He could hold a torch if Ulrich lit one though.

I thought that Marullus was saying he wasn't lifting any more than he already had lit. Marullus, what is the state of your lighting at this point?

C. Steven Ross
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#308 Post by C. Steven Ross »

Sick characters can certainly help you out. We've already established how Ulrich's skills as a healer could come into play. What does Garen have to offer that you can benefit from here?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

On Thursday, 3/19 Marullus wrote:
For light, we just lit two of my torches in the room outside, taking us from 8 to 6. We can light one or two more, if needed. Someone decide?
Garen might-could help with dungeoneer or criminal, possibly giving experience getting through tight spots...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by Marullus »

We lit two torches after turn 5 (the failed Dungeoneering test) because they were lit before Rand used his instinct to always Parlay. I'm not sure how long they last.

We thought we were in Camp, and Rand said any torches lit in camp also burn out in camp, which is why I said I wasn't lighting one.

Since we are not, in fact, in camp, and have logged several more turns, I stand by saying "tell me what to do." :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Okay. Got it. Those two Torches burned out after our conflict with the hobgobs. I thougt you were saying you lit 2 more when I lit my candle nub (which burned out/fell to nothingness when I failed my cartography test). So yeah, we are in dim light. Glad that is clear!

Torches provide full light for 2 characters for 2 turns.

Steven, could we light a torch now to help with the test, or is the die cast once you lay down the Ob?

C. Steven Ross
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#312 Post by C. Steven Ross »

Once I tell you the Ob, it is set (unless I've made a mistake) and you are committed to rolling it. You reap what you sow.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#313 Post by Enoch »

Knowing Garen is an experienced Dungeoneer, Norgrim tosses him the end of his rope and asks Garen to fasten it around the largest of the rocks--Garen can lift while Norgrim pulls. Norgrim spits on his Rough Hands and grasps the rope, ready to heave.

Laborer Ob3 +1D Rough Hands +2D Help vs. Ob3:
Ob3 Laborer: [1d6] = 1, [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 3
Ob3 Laborer: [1d6] = 3, [1d6] = 1, [1d6] = 3

Not worth exploding that 6. Norgrim renews his suggestion of hacking the cleric's legs off.

C. Steven Ross
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#314 Post by C. Steven Ross »

The three of you gather around Rand and tie him up. But it's dark, and you're tired, and you really aren't doing any of this right. You all pull, but Norgrim slips on some scrabbly pebbles and falls down to the ground, slamming right on top of the leather bag he normally holds in his hand. Opening it up, out come shards of broken glass. Your mirror is destroyed!

END TURN 11
7 Turns to Rewards

What do you do now?
Light a torch?
Make Camp?
Abandon Rand?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Enoch, I love the use of dungeoneer!

"So sorry for your troubles everyone - and your mirror Norgrim. You shifted the rock enough so I can get comfortable though." Fearful of being left alone and trapped, he added, "How about we set up camp in here? We can try the rock again after you all have rested." Rand made an effort to shift his belongings to make himself more comfortable. He handed his tinder box to Ulrich. "Would you be kind enough to make a campfire to chase the shadows from this cave? Thoughts of that Daedra unnerve me."

I wish there was a way to use the players deck in this PBP so i could see the light situation better. i thought there was a torch lit. alas.

Can I use checks for conditions while stuck under the rock, or do I need to be free?

C. Steven Ross
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#316 Post by C. Steven Ross »

I'll let you camp here, but you're stuck with the fiction that Rand can't move (so his actions will be limited by what makes sense) and you definitely need to find a way out of this mess if you want to do things outside of this room.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#317 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Garen drinks from his waterskin, the cool refreshing water is more than enough to silence the rumbling of his stomach and soothe his tired throat. He tries to take advantage of the calming crackling of the fire coupled with the warmth and the fact that he isn't suck under rocks and the rest are suggesting to cut off his feet to calm his Anger.

Sorry for the absence, I am spending a check to try and remove Anger, and drank from the waterskin to remove hungry and thirsty
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

So it looks like checks are as follows:
Enoch - 1
Garen - 1
Rand - 3
Ulrich - 0

If I meditate where I am, I should be able to shake Angry and Afraid. Neither would take any movement, I don't think. So i think the best order would be:

Everyone - Hungry and Thirsty
Garen - Angry
Rand - Angry
Enoch - Exhausted
Rand - Afraid
Garen - burn off sick (if he wants)
Enoch (taking a donated check from Rand) - Free Rand

Thoughts?

I was hoping that my third check could be donated for a higher purpose, but that didn't work out, sadly. Sorry.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#319 Post by Enoch »

With my recent use of Born of Earth and Stone against myself, I should actually have 2 checks.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#320 Post by thesniperknight1 »

I thought that since they provided beds for us, we would all shake off exhausted by sleeping, or am I just assuming too much?
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Return to “No Country for Deadbeat Adventurers (Torchbearer)”