Chp. 7 - Intrigue in the Court of Chaos

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Chp. 7 - Intrigue in the Court of Chaos

#1 Post by Grognardsw »

Chapter 7 - Intrigue in the Court...

Blackness is replaced by a chiaroscuro pattern of light and images, kaleidoscoping endlessly until...

Last edited by Grognardsw on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chp. 7 - Intrigue in the Court...

#2 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Gagel looks around with a disinterest, "Strange......I don't remember this happening before......is this the part where I blackout? This must be one strong drink", he laughs and drinks some more if the cup is still with him.

He looks at the man next to him, "I love a good animal show, what do you have?"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion

I feel I may be still on that flying castle, dreaming.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry looks suddenly and alert and electric with anticipation. He whispers to his companions, "Watch your tongues and keep your eyes peeled. We are in desperate peril. It would not do well to antagonize our hosts... or to intrigue them overmuch."

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#5 Post by dok-el »

The still sleeping Eryndir twitches and moans, muttering under his breath,

"Eyes... eyes above me... I say old chap... me smash you good..."

He wakes with a start, seemingly baffled by his new surroundings,

"What new sorcery is this? The last I remember we were still in those foul caverns."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by AleBelly »

Wulfhart turns to Fingal. "I fear I'm under some enchantment too. We are in a tavern, right?"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion

Asherrion looks at his companions. This isn't any tavern, Wulfie, at least not any more! We need to determine if anyone else is charmed.

At least this explains my fellow elf's odd food choices...

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"Seems like most of you are back to normal, well.....not normal normal but as in you are back to your old selves", he turns to the strange man beside them, "Sorry mister but where are we? And why have you brought us here?"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Grognardsw »

You all fell unconscious and revived here per the post text. Your wounds are healed, your minds clear of past insanities.
You stand before the Court...

In the middle of a chaotic tableu..

These horrible titans stand 30' while sitting...

Magog, the Beast

Klarvogorok the All-Seeing

Dzzhali the Hanged Bride

Noohl the Faceless

Hekanhoda of Deformed Perfection
Last edited by Grognardsw on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion

It looks like some of them are transformed men or elves. Perhaps they can undo my transmogrification, muses the elf(?).

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Gagel takes a closer look on his surroundings and start to understand the severity of their situation, his usual smile has been eaten by concern and fearful curiosity, "If you seek to be rid of your.......umm....illness, then maybe it's him you seek", he points towards Hekanhoda of Deformed Perfection, "He either will make you better or far more worse"

Gagel looks to the tattredemalion once more but not bothering to ask who and where, "What do you require of us?"
I love the design of Klarvogorok the All-Seeing, the others are great but he is the best

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Grognardsw »

The Borderland adventurers look in awe and wonder at the scene before them, at the monstrosities stepped from nightmare. Tatterdemalian bows before them, encouraging the party to do the same. The voices of the Dukes of Chaos bellow forth.

Tatterdemalian turns to the group. "I am sure questions abound. You may ask them."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by AleBelly »

Wulfhart is intimidated by the enormous creatures surrounding him. He stammers out a question. "W-we fought with a noble paladin. Vorkath. He was pursuing a Tayne, who traveled through non-earthly realms. Is our fate intertwined with his? And, begging your pardon, if this egg is so valuable, why do you not retrieve it yourselves? I for one am happy to do so, but you asked if we had any questions..."

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#14 Post by dok-el »

Eryndir scowls, returned once again to his usual grim demeanor,
"Perhaps we should first seek out the headless chicken," he grumbles sourly, "For it seems to me that surely the headless chicken doth come before the yokeless egg..."

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion

I will gladly accept the charge, says the elf(?) with a bow and a flourish. Either alone or with my friends, I can serve thee. Where is this mystical egg and what dangers might we face?

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Gagel bowed and hid the disgust he felt from being spoken to as if they were his gods, he believed that even they are mere tools in the hands of what he called "Nature". He is confused about Wulfhart's question, not having the pleasure of meeting Tayne, "Very well, it doesn't seem that we have a choice in this matter do we? If we are to disobey, I am sure I will be part of the cloak", he laughed, "Never though I would be saying that in my short lifespan", he smiles, "Can we dictate our own rewards? and where can we find such an egg? does the headless chicken exist?"

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry stands and bows low: "You honor us with this request, Great Ones. Forgive our tiny mortal minds if it takes us some time to accommodate ourselves to such aureate company. My companions and I shall seek the Yolkless Egg, if that is your wish. And we will accept whatever largess you deem fit, with humility and gratitude.

"And thank you for the opportunity to address our deep ignorance by asking questions. It is a generous boon.

"Can you tell us where to seek the Egg?
"How will we recognize it?
"Is it guarded?
"Are their others who seek it?
"Are there perils inherent in the Egg itself, that we mere mortals should know before handling it?
"Can you afford us any special knowledge or provision to aid us in this mission?"

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#18 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn

Me thoughts exactly Porphyry... He's amazed by the strange scene unfolding and trys to remeber if he ate "tainted" shrooms in the tavern!! His eyes must be deceiving him.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#19 Post by dok-el »

Eryndir raises an eyebrow as he hears Porphyry ask the assembled Chaos lords how the party might recognize the yokeless egg...

"Still, I suppose it's no yolking matter," he mutters to himself with a dry chuckle.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Grognardsw »

The Dukes of Chaos exude a palpable aura of power and malevolence. When they speak it is with the force of tectonic plates colliding. Those who gaze upon them quickly realize that to do so overlong would result in madness.

"Tayne and Vorkath are of no concern to us. Why don't we retrieve the Egg ourselves? We are the antithesis of our Lawful cousins, as they are to us. Neither we nor our pledged agents can survive long on the planes of Law. In this matter, we must rely on mortal servants with souls as yet undevoted  to one side or the other. You mortals curious and most delightful gift of free will makes you immune to the ward that prevent us from acting directly.

Your inexperience is to our benefit. As you are not yet heroes, you are beneath the notice of our lawful counterparts. You've accomplished no great deeds to draw their attentions, and your allegiances, no matter how much you believe otherwise, are still in flux. Consider this an opportunity to not only make your presence known in the great game of the balance, but as a chance to reconsider who you are best serving.

The yokeless egg is a spark of primordial chaos left behind by the tempest of disorder that was the cosmos before life was less than a distant dream. It is our birthright and chaos always claims it's own.

The egg is housed in a repository known as the Cataphract, situated on the plane of Law and undoubtedly defended by all manner of sentinels and safeguards. Only you shall be seeking it. There are no perils for you inherent in the Egg itself. There is no headless chicken.

What are your rewards? Firstly, we will consider ourselves owing you a small debt of gratitude. Should the time come that you require the assistance of the most powerful forces in the cosmos, we shall attend to that need and consider our debt be paid. Secondly, since the desires of mortals our little things to the minds of a Duke of Chaos, you shall each receive a small gesture of our thanks in the form of a stone that works fortune in your favor."

The Tatterdemalian bows before the Hosts of Chaos. He looks over at the party. "Are there further questions?"

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”