Tomb of the Builders

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Tomb of the Builders

#601 Post by Rukellian »

As the group members discuss the fate of the necromancer and various other things, Ruken eyes start to become very heavy. He yawns, stretches his arms and sits himself down on the ground. Every now and then, when listening on to the conversation, he starts to nod off and catches himself.

Stamina Check 65% [1d100] = 67
Not sure what kind of roll needs to be made for staying awake.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#602 Post by tooleychris »

Varrick pats the gnome on the shoulder. "C'mon den, lil'un. I be fetchinusa beda dem big junga leavesan we both geta winker two fore da hot sun come rising."
It doesn't take long for the scrapper to return with a large pile of jungle plants rolled up over his shoulders. He lays them flat at the top of the stairs and motions Ruken to it. He hands Ruken some bread and large dates from his pack.
"Ah be right back wit me own bed. Some deez leaves bigas you and softa boot."
He returns with another pile and lays them on the foot of the steps and settles in for a nap after taken some rations for himself.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#603 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim watches the resurrection with a mixture of awe and revulsion.

Once Eirenaios is complete and mobile again, Thorgrim steps forward and clasps his hand, "Good to have ye back! We've sent that foul necromancer back to the pits of hell where he belongs."

He steps back and casts a wary eye on Craxzus. He's still not completely trusting of someone who would aid a person of such evil intent (whether accidentally or not).

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#604 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios nods to Thorgrim, "Glad to be back! Did you happen to see any books on him or something like that?"

He looks at Varrick and Ruken, "Are you two alright? Any injuries?"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#605 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Dun worry bout tha spider that came outta ya I took care o him."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#606 Post by Rukellian »

thesniperknight1 wrote:Eirenaios nods to Thorgrim, "Glad to be back! Did you happen to see any books on him or something like that?"

He looks at Varrick and Ruken, "Are you two alright? Any injuries?"
"It's just been a *yawn* long day for me, for a lot of us I think. No injuries since the two-headed troll, thankfully." Upon seeing the bread and dates, the gnome's stomach rumbles, much to his embarrassment. He has forgotten to eat ever since leaving Evie's farm. The soft jungle leaves are a welcome sight as well. Having eaten and finding a comfortable position, Ruken takes a quick respite and catches some shut eye, promising everyone that he will be up and ready when the sun does rise... maybe. Sleep can be a terrible temptress at times. ;)

He makes sure to thank Varrick before he falls asleep, rarely ungrateful for the help of others.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#607 Post by tooleychris »

Is everyone cool with resting for the night? Eirenaios & Tyrion are the only ones not really exhausted. Everyone else is pushing fatigue. Also been awhile since most have eaten.

GreyWolfVT

#608 Post by GreyWolfVT »

fine by me
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#609 Post by thesniperknight1 »

no problem here, Eirenaios will stand watch
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#610 Post by Dram »

Fine by Craxzus.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#611 Post by tooleychris »

The watches rotate and the hours go by without incident.
Morning reminds everyone they are in a temperate jungle as the heat begins to rise steadily with the sun.
Varrick(npc) provides everyone with some dried meat and fruit and makes an announcement.
"Dis'ere feast be da last'a'me foodstuffs. I dun'ada'nuffa deez 'ventures ta lastme abit. Thinkin wit deez'ere new friends taggin'long maybe ol Varrick be gointa see Evie fera spell. mayhap be takin me share
a da loot we hid and live on mead an sheilas fer a bit. If'n I get back ta midway I tell'em what yer up ta'ere. Make sure ya'all git yer pay'an all."

With that Varrick pats the gnome on the head, smiles, nods to his friends, and makes to head back to Evies farm.

The party:
The group has several options available to them. They can climb up to find the entrance Tyrion mentioned earlier, explore the tombs further, search out Craxzus' alchemist, or......?

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#612 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios nods and waves to Varrick, "You are a great man Varrick and a good friend, you deserve a nice and quiet retirement and I bet Evie would love having you around, the best bodyguard she could have! It has been a pleasure deciphering your tongue, may your new journey be to your favor", he nods again.

GreyWolfVT

#613 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm We'll be seein ya again Varrick don't ferget I use the guest house when we get done ere."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#614 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Packs up his bedroll. Eats the rations that Varrick offered. Offers his hand out to Varrik. Nice meeting you. Hope you have a safe journey. He then speaks to the others. With my loss of coin on this trip out here. Do you mind if I tag along with you guys?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#615 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "If yah don't mind three dwarfs, an elf an a gnome then sure yah can come with."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#616 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken wakes up feeling quite refreshed and ready to go. He too gives his thanks to Varrick upon his leave and teases him with a parting joke. "I'm sure the ladies back at town will just LOVE to see you again," the gnome winks. "Make sure you are still in one piece when we meet again! I've still yet to pay you back fully for everything you've done."

Ruken Honeybeard then turns to the group and discusses their options and his preferences. "Craxzus, I understand you lost your pay in failing to deliver the chest to the necromancer. I can help make it up to you if we go back to Evie's farm for a stop. We have loot there like Varrick mentioned, and I'd be glad to give you a good portion of my share."

Ruken shares a quick look with Eirenaios before continuing, nodding his head as he thinks he is on the same page. "It goes without saying though that my elven friend here, Eirenaios, and I would be very interested in meeting this alchemist. We thirst for knowledge and this is the best lead we've found yet! However, I know that my other companions are not in it just for magic and teachings. They adventure for more tangible goals like coins, gems, and rare treasures. I wouldn't mind helping explore the crypt even farther, though... I'm not sure how well I will do in a fight."

"How do you all think we should go about this, what should take priority for the group as a whole?" Ruken speaks to everyone at this point as he poses this question.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#617 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios smiles at Ruken, "You always know exactly what to say, ahhh my gnome friend, this is why you are our leader. I am very interested in meeting the alchemist that can perform such magic, it's beyond intriguing, the knowledge he or she possesses is immense!! If we could learn anything it would be a great find!! But like you said, the crypt is probably full of hidden wonders not to mention that there are still too many missing skeletons", he thinks for a moment, "I have a feeling that the necromancer wasn't alone on this, there could be an accomplice or worse, a mastermind. The numbers just don't add up"

GreyWolfVT

#618 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm - Dwarf waving off the accusations about not caring about alchemists "Bah! Ya dunno what yer talkin bout. I care bout ya Ruke if yah want ta go meet the alchemist I don't mind a bit. I can tag along as muscle if needed. Never know where them durned skeltons got off ta yah know." he says with a sly wink at the end of his sentence.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#619 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Happy to join the group. Ruken I would be glad to take you to the alchemist. Then he hears the other talk about Treasures and coin. Did you find any clues down below? Is the area been all cleared?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#620 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"I can't speak for myself since I died and all, my memory is a bit fuzzy, did we clear the whole dungeon?", Eirenais asks while rubbing his head.

Return to “Silverymoon”