The Saucy Centaur (OOC)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Saucy Centaur (OOC)

#101 Post by Zhym »

Reginald is the only tank fighter type. The other pure fighter, Crenshaw, is built as a bow fighter. Arnthorr and Werhas are multi-classed fighters, but not exactly built like tanks. Oddly, two clerics have the second-best AC and best HP. We'd want tanks up front for battle, but we need thieves up front to check doors (which is usually when battles start...). If we're putting tanks up front, I'd say:

Reginald Herbert
Katarina Marcus
Arnthorr Loman
Werhas Himmel
Zanzibar (Rhed)
Crenshaw

That leaves most of the paired characters together.

Maybe Marcus, Werhas, and/or Loman could skip to the front when checking for traps and listening at doors, then move back into position when done. Optimally, someone could open doors while Reg & Herbert prepared to attack whatever was on the other side.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Zorroroaster »

Sorry all, came down with a stomach bug yesterday afternoon, will try and get a post in later today.

Ugh.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#103 Post by dok-el »

Hi Zorroroaster :)

Did the characters transfer over to you yet? I never got any confirmation.

@Everyone: Looks like we're going with Zhym's marching order. Again, unless anyone has any strong objections. And also associated tactics - ie thieves move to the front when doors need dealing with, and drop back at other times.

Just waiting for someone to open the door and we'll execute the party's plan of letting WHATEVER chase someone down the corridor. FYI: Outrunning WHATEVER will most likely involve a DEX roll (DEX or less on 1d20).

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Zorroroaster »

The characters haven't been transferred yet, no.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Zorroroaster »

Also, I was looking over the character sheets and noticed that the previous player hadn't written down a spell for Katarina, even though her WIS is high enough for it.

If you don't mind, I'm going to delicately ret-con this and say she prayed for and memorized CLW.

Once the sheets transfer, I'll also write up some back story for both characters.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#106 Post by dok-el »

Zorroroaster wrote:If you don't mind, I'm going to delicately ret-con this and say she prayed for and memorized CLW.
I will re-contact admin. For now just roll without linking to a character. Or you could add a character name 'temp' with no stats.

Spell ret-con is fine :)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Zorroroaster »

Sure. I'll include the relevant character's name in the descriptive part of the macro to keep things organized.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#108 Post by dok-el »

Yes, so one free round of missile fire and then the ants will have closed to melee distance.

If someone has time by all means organize the party into two ranks (maximum of 6 in a rank). Otherwise I will reasonably extrapolate who is likely to be at the front based on Zyhm's marching order.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Zorroroaster »

I think stalwart Marcus is about to be ant fodder. :lol:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Zhym »

Does Zanzibar's bodyguard Rhed Shert have a missile weapon?

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#111 Post by dok-el »

Zhym wrote:Does Zanzibar's bodyguard Rhed Shert have a missile weapon?
I based his stats on the Human Soldier from the S&W rulebook so I'm gonna have to say no. He just has a melee weapon (a sword in his case).

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Zorroroaster »

dok-el wrote:Marcus runs as fast as he can, but it isn't quite fast enough. One of the ants makes a lunge at the back of his head...
2HD monster vs AC13: [1d20] = 10
...and misses! Its goo-dripping mandibles close on thin air as Marcus finds a last burst of speed and races ahead, heading straight for the safety (?) of his assembled compatriots.
Whew! I was sure he was a goner!

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#113 Post by dok-el »

Zorroroaster wrote: Whew! I was sure he was a goner!
Meh, I was already prepping a tombstone for him... :P

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Zorroroaster »

[police]Put the chisel down and back away from the stone, sir.[/police] :lol:

FlightlessScotsman
Tracker
Tracker

#115 Post by FlightlessScotsman »

Sorry for the delay. My weekend was not my own. I'll post in the IC thread shortly.
"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do." - Larry Kersten

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Zorroroaster »

The characters have successfully transferred over.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Zorroroaster »

Marcus' macro says shortbow, but his inventory says long bow. Does anyone remember which is correct?

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#118 Post by dok-el »

Marcus should have a shortbow. I houseruled a 'Fighter w/13 Str' min for the longbow.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Zorroroaster »

Got it, thanks.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#120 Post by Antman9 »

Dadgummit! I miss all the fun...I love Ants

Sorry guys,

I had a long weekend of papers to write. Thanks for NPC'ing my peeps dok-el. That damn Dwarf probably would chop hi sown toe off :lol:
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Return to “Castle of the Mad Archmage (S&W)”