The Saucy Centaur (OOC)

dok-el
Guide
Guide

Re: The Saucy Centaur (OOC)

#121 Post by dok-el »

Antman9 wrote:Dadgummit! I miss all the fun...I love Ants

Sorry guys,

I had a long weekend of papers to write. Thanks for NPC'ing my peeps dok-el. That damn Dwarf probably would chop hi sown toe off :lol:

Hi antman,

I think I know Himmel well enough to know what he would do - hide at the back :)

triplehappiness
Scout
Scout

#122 Post by triplehappiness »

Somehow I hadn't noticed the OOC thread growing. Herbert is more than willing to be frontline. It's kind of the way he would like it. Crenshaw is his ranged support so having him back is great. If you want them on the same line, that's fine, too. Whatever the party decides.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#123 Post by dok-el »

It looks like Herbert is taking point.

Also, giant ants are rubbish :(

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by Antman9 »

dok-el wrote:
Also, giant ants are rubbish :(

You LIE! They are the awesomest things ever!

:lol:
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

triplehappiness
Scout
Scout

#125 Post by triplehappiness »

dok-el wrote:It looks like Herbert is taking point.

(
I'll try to make it clear in the IC thread, but generally, unless someone else is in big trouble, Crenshaw will generally be shooting support for Herbert. He'll be mostly aiming at anything that might lighten the load on his friend. I've kind of envisioned this Herbert character as the guy who has the faith, so he's more fearless because he feels that his god will protect him. But then it actually ends up being Crenshaw doing most of the work. And then Herbert tries to use his survival as evidence to help persuade Crenshaw of the power of Herberts god. While Crenshaw really wants to believe, but he's sitting in the back realizing that it's on him, not some god. Crenshaws impressive hitrolls to this point and Herberts unimpressive rolls have so far bolstered this narrative. But then, maybe if they survive, Crenshaw might convert under the belief that the god is using him as his tool of justice or some such. I've enjoyed visualizing Herbert swinging away, missing wildly in melee with his eyes shut in prayer and when he opens them everything is dead but not at his hand. And he's too entranced to care. I've not got it worked out too far and I don't want to in case they die horrible horrible deaths around the next corner. :)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Zorroroaster »

That's a great idea for the dynamic between the two. Bravo!
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#127 Post by Antman9 »

I concur. Having the details hashed out for your character really adds to the feel of the character, especially for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by Antman9 »

Aaaawe! Poor ants :(

I was rooting for them too :)

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#129 Post by dok-el »

Antman9 wrote:Aaaawe! Poor ants :(

I was rooting for them too :)
Lucky you... there's a whole bunch more :lol:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Zhym »

Anyone have some sugar? Maybe we can lead them outside. Or train them! :D

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Zorroroaster »

I reposted the character sheets so they will show updates as I change things. Feel free to delete the old ones from the previous player if it makes things cleaner.

I'm going to go through the posts and locate xp posts, as I'm not sure if he ever kept track of it.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#132 Post by dok-el »

Zorroroaster wrote:I reposted the character sheets so they will show updates as I change things. Feel free to delete the old ones from the previous player if it makes things cleaner.

I'm going to go through the posts and locate xp posts, as I'm not sure if he ever kept track of it.
Thanks I'll delete the old character sheets. I have a record of xp for all characters, if that helps...

Marcus has 330 permed xp.
Katarina has 346 permed xp.

Permed meaning xp that they made it back into town with. Both also have 118xp accrued so far during the current expedition. But that doesn't officially get added to the total until they once more make it safely back out again.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#133 Post by dok-el »

Also, as a memory jogger, the party should have two Potions of Healing somewhere (one completly full and one two-thirds full).

Werhas is wounded and Katarina is at 3 HP (she hasn't been healed since the last visit to the castle).

Also, there should be three spell scrolls somewhere.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Zhym »

Zanzibar has scrolls of Sleep and Clairvoyance. BTW, I don't remember if I ever found out: can an MU use a scroll of a spell he wasn't able to learn?

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Zorroroaster »

dok-el wrote:Marcus has 330 permed xp.
Katarina has 346 permed xp.
Oh, that's great. I'll start keeping the sheet up to date.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#136 Post by dok-el »

Zhym wrote:Zanzibar has scrolls of Sleep and Clairvoyance. BTW, I don't remember if I ever found out: can an MU use a scroll of a spell he wasn't able to learn?
Yes, you can use a scroll of a spell that you weren't previously able to learn.

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#137 Post by dok-el »

The remaining ants seem reluctant to come out of the room so if you're going to deal with them you're probably going to have to go inside. You can't have everyone firing missiles through one doorway. Last time we set the limit at three people and I'm gonna stick with that (all with -2 chance to hit).

Just to remind people again: Katarina is down to 3 hp and the party has healing potions.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Zorroroaster »

Katarina would gladly quaff a third of a potion before taking on the ants. She's also ready to go in and attack too, but will defer to cooler heads if there are other ideas.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by Antman9 »

I agree Katarina should drink the potion.

FlightlessScotsman
Tracker
Tracker

#140 Post by FlightlessScotsman »

Just FYI, I sent the same message to do-kel, but I'm going to be incommunicado for about ten days doing field work in the wilds of northern Nevada. starting today. Be back on the 18th.

Cheers
"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do." - Larry Kersten

Return to “Castle of the Mad Archmage (S&W)”