Interdemnsional Arena 2

Synthalus
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

Interdemnsional Arena 2

#1 Post by Synthalus »

This will be the thread for the next arena battle. When and if the Party decides to enter the arena please come here and begin again from this thread. Everyone knows how to place bets and sign up for a fight at this point so there should be no problems. Please make sure that you PM among yourselves before you start posting on this thread.
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Interdemnsional Arena 2

#2 Post by Synthalus »

ARENA OFFICIAL

The Official looks the same as before and he greets Ariknoq and Stefan as they approach the Box Office.

" I remember you fellows, Only you were with different people last time. Can I put you guys down for a team fight? You would pair off against a mob of Carrion Crawlers? The pay would be average, lets say 300GP for each Crawler slain; if you win that is. What do you say? You boys up for a good fight for pay and glory? Its an easy 1400GP, all you two would have to do is kill them five crawlers and make it through the match alive to collect it.
Attachments
CarrionCrawler.jpg
CarrionCrawler.jpg (62.07 KiB) Viewed 917 times

-H.P. Lovecraft

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Grognardsw »

Ariknoq the half-orc fighter-cleric talks with Stefan the ranger (via PM.) The pair are wary of the many tentacle attacks of these crawlers, all of which can paralyze. The warrior-priest of Qord has but one Slow Poison spell to defend against such.

"I will fight alone, my strength fortified by Qord the Almighty," says Ariknoq. "On the morrow we will join blades to vanquish new foes."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by saalaria »

"Agreed my friend , I like not these beasts."

He clasps the priest's arm.

"Good luck in the fight."

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Synthalus »

Grognardsw wrote:Ariknoq the half-orc fighter-cleric talks with Stefan the ranger (via PM.) The pair are wary of the many tentacle attacks of these crawlers, all of which can paralyze. The warrior-priest of Qord has but one Slow Poison spell to defend against such.

"I will fight alone, my strength fortified by Qord the Almighty," says Ariknoq. "On the morrow we will join blades to vanquish new foes."
DM
I run cleric spells and MU spells almost unrestricted, meaning,.....

It takes 5 minutes cumulative by level to study one spell or pray for one spell back. This means that if you are a cleric out of combat you can just say that you take the time to pray for each spell and cast it on each party member. Then the whole group can benefit from the protection. There are two of you here right now at the arena. This would mean that the slow poison spell being 2nd level would only take ten minutes of dedicated prayer to get the spell back. In my games you can do this as many times as you want when out of combat because I will be keeping track on time. Lets say you cast slow poison on all eight party members, that would take your character 80 Minutes / 8 Turns in game. It would delay the party in the morning but everyone would have the Slow poison spell as a daily protection spell.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Grognardsw »

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Then to pray for an extra Slow Poison spell for Stefan would be 10 minutes, which is doable before this match. So Stefan can join in the battle.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Grognardsw »

Ariknoq discusses the Slow Poison blessing with Stefan. They agree to fight together. The Holy Fury casts Dust Devil to free divine resources, prays for an additional Slow Person, then casts one on himself and another on Stefan.

Then Ariknoq casts Prayer, then Protection from Evil.

The warrior-priest and ranger step into the arena. The cleric directs the Dust Devil to attack/distract one of the crawlers.

Ariknoq charges the carrion crawlers, hacking and hewing with his great sword Excommunicator.

- Ariknoq Initiative [1d6] = 6
- Excommunicator (Two-Handed Sword) THACO 14 - [1d20+6] = 6+6 = 12 S/M Damage [1d10+6] = 2+6 = 8, L Damage [3d6+6] = 11+6 = 17 crawler is L size.
- Excommunicator (Two-Handed Sword) THACO 14 - [1d20+6] = 7+6 = 13 S/M Damage [1d10+6] = 10+6 = 16, L Damage [3d6+6] = 13+6 = 19

- Charge gives +2 to hit and initiative win, but no Dex. bonus on my AC
- Prayer +1 to hit and Saves, and -1 to hit for opponents, for both.
- Prot from Evil -2 to hit for opponents, and +2 on Saves, for Ariknoq.

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Synthalus »

Narrator

The Battle of the creepy crawlers is off to a start lady's and gentlemen. The Battle Cleric of Kord / Ariknoq Has slain one of the Crawlers with his first two opening attacks. They were magnificent Did you see the way that sword Cleve into those Crawlers Wow!

The question on everybody's mind is, will Stefan be able to drop one of the classic dungeon monsters in one round as well.

It is now Stefan's Movement and action. The Crawlers are in a V formation kinda and the heros are directly in front of them at the beginning of the match. The players started at 120' from the Crawlers and will use all of their movement for this round to get to one of the Crawlers.

This is a mini map of the beginning postion. V's are the Crawlers. S-is Stefan. A-is Ariknoq.

V V V
V V

S A

-H.P. Lovecraft

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by saalaria »

Stean stays close to the priest, thinking a closer formation will be better tactically.

He swings at the nearest foes hoping to take them out quickly:

Longsword Attack (Normal vs Large) [1d20+3] = 2+3 = 5 Dam [1d12+4] = 2+4 = 6

Longsword Attack (Normal vs Large) [1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13 Dam [1d12+4] = 8+4 = 12

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

Stefan steps up with the battle cleric making sure to stay close by the hulking brute of a half-orc. Watching the battle cleric work, he notices that the second crawler hit by Ariknoq is badly injured but still alive. Quickly Stefan attacked the injured crawler killing it deftly with two swipes of his long sword.

NOTE:
Stefan's Long Sword begins to glow and radiate magic. Wisps of red magical energy begin to slowly drift off of the blades edge. Stefan has never seen his +1 Long Sword do this before and he is not sure if he should be scared or happy. It doesn't seem to be effecting the weapon at all. So whatever it is can wait until the battle is over to examine.

This is a mini map of the beginning postion. V's are the Crawlers. S-is Stefan. A-is Ariknoq.

V V V
S A

-H.P. Lovecraft

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by saalaria »

Stefan is only momentarily distracted by his sword, he whirls and attacks the next beast:

Longsword Attack (Normal vs Large) [1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10 Dam [1d12+4] = 12+4 = 16

Longsword Attack (Normal vs Large) [1d20+3] = 19+3 = 22 Dam [1d12+4] = 9+4 = 13

Hewing chunks of flesh from the creature

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Grognardsw »

It's the carrion crawlers turn to attack now in this round one?

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

The three remaining crawlers make their attacks.

Crawler 1 Attacks Ariknoq = Attack Roll 1 / [1d20] = 6
Attack Roll 2 / [1d20] = 2
Attack Roll 3 / [1d20] = 15
Attack Roll 4 / [1d20] = 8
Attack Roll 5 / [1d20] = 14
Attack Roll 6 / [1d20] = 5
Attack Roll 7 / [1d20] = 8
Attack Roll 8 / [1d20] = 6

Crawler 2 Attacks Stefan = Attack Roll 1 / [1d20] = 11
Attack Roll 2 / [1d20] = 4
Attack Roll 3 / [1d20] = 20
Attack Roll 4 / [1d20] = 4
Attack Roll 5 / [1d20] = 5
Attack Roll 6 / [1d20] = 4
Attack Roll 7 / [1d20] = 4
Attack Roll 8 / [1d20] = 17

The Third Crawler hangs back and watches the others attack the heroes. It appears to be semi domesticed almost. It looks like it will attack anyone that breaks through their next attacks. So watch it with this one.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR CONT.

Ariknoq deftly maneuvers himself between the writhing tentacle attack from the carrion crawler. (All attacks miss).

Stefan is hit twice and must make two saves Vs. paralyzation . The attacks do little damage though, like a bee sting at first.

-H.P. Lovecraft

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by saalaria »

I believe you have my attacks for the round above, so here are the saves:

saving Throw: [1d20] = 20

saving Throw: [1d20] = 9

So both made I believe

Return to “The Forgotten Temple of Thurizdun (1e)”