Session 0: Character Creation

Enoch
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Session 0: Character Creation

#81 Post by Enoch »

If they're brought on by Griping. The skill is powerful enough as it is--it's used in lots of Conflicts.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Marullus »

Okay... so it is based on failure of a personal attempt.

Griping is the cure for being Angry. If they try to recover from Angry by spending a Check in Camp and testing Nature for Gripingand fail, then we can spend a second check to do the Leadership test and mitigate the failure effects (you said the loss of Nature). If the leadership test is also failed, then the leader takes the consequence instead of (or in addition to?) the original soldier?

End result:
I'm just going to set my instinct to be "always train my soldiers when we stop to rest." (Get a free Instructor check at each Camp or Base.)

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by Enoch »

You're making this way too complicated. Griping is a Nature descriptor, meaning if they're testing Nature and Griping is part of it, they don't pay automatic Tax for being outside their Nature. If they fail, they still suffer consequences, which may be Angry or Afraid.

You can use Leadership to attempt to "cure" those conditions for soldiers under your command during the Camp or Base phases, but only if they're brought on by Griping. Leadership isn't a cure-all: for the most part, a soldier's got to do it on their own.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Return to “Colonial Marines, Torchbearer (USCMC Supplement)”