IV. The Witch Tower

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IV. The Witch Tower

#361 Post by AleBelly »

onlyme wrote:Fulp looks around.

This room may fall down again any second, and it wasnt fun the first time. I cant see how we can survive down here the way we're going.
Should we turn back and set up a watch? Let us all recover a bit before continuing?
"That's probably a good idea. Is anyone else here trained in the arts of healing? I'm badly injured, and would use the last spell on myself. I could call upon additional powers after rest."

Changing the subject, he also suggests "It may be at a risk, but perhaps we should open the opposite door first. I worry that we'll trigger the trap next time if we spend too much time with the lock. With the door unlocked, we should be able to make our way through this room quickly enough to avoid triggering the pit again."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by Storm11 »

"Perhaps, with enough rope, we could dig up a sort of bridge across the chamber. Sort of like a rope bridge, with two tight ropes at floor level to stand upon and one at waist height to hold on securely to when the floor drops." says the really injured (dire!) gnome from the safe corridor.
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by onlyme »

Fulp
answers,
I have enough rope to tie to the doors, but then we couldnt open the doors. No, we either need to leave that way, or that way...quickly (pointing to the two doors)
With that, he will exit next to the gnome.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan will look at the lock then run out with the others.

He casts Cure Light Wounds on himself.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#365 Post by dmw71 »

Sylvan studies the lock on the opposite door for a moment before joining the rest of the party through the door in the western wall through which they originally entered. Once in the western passageway, he casts 'Cure Light Wounds' on himself and appears to be fully restored.

---

I needed a placeholder for the healing spell, which this post is being used for.

Regarding this, I am going to need a bit of time to review character sheets and item placements. Certain fragile items (e.g. lanterns, flasks of oil, etc...) may be required to make saving throws to see if they survived the fall. As I review each sheet, I will contact that player in private with a list of saves (if any) that are required.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan smiles. "I was afraid my powers would be lessened in such a barren place. Kassel, Festus, Ciar, it looks as if you're all in need of healing, yes? If so, I will meditate for the ability to do so after some rest. I am spent."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#367 Post by Alethan »

Ciar rubs the back of his head again and nods slowly, "Yeah, I'm not feeling so hot right now. So do we head all the way back to town for the night? Or try and stay down here? If we go back, then we can plan better with more rope and a solution for dealing with the slime. But it will take longer."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#368 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:So do we head all the way back to town for the night? Or try and stay down here?
I will need the group to come to an agreement on this before we can continue.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by Storm11 »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:So do we head all the way back to town for the night? Or try and stay down here?
I will need the group to come to an agreement on this before we can continue.
Kassel urges retreat. He is one step away from death he feels and is sorely in need of healing.

"Let us return once we have gathered some more supplies. The prestigidator's lantern is broken and a flask of oil has leaked all over my robes when I fell. Let's be prudent. If that imp was the Wizards familiar he will be weakened by its loss. That in itself means we have been somewhat successful so far."
Greys Campaign.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by AleBelly »

"I don't want to cross that ridge and slime more times than we have to. I propose we sleep here. I can cast a full complement of sleeping spells after rest, depending on how many need them. If we're not still fully healed, we can return to town tomorrow morning instead of tonight. It doesn't look as if there's much traffic around here..." Sylvan looks hopefully at the party.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by Storm11 »

"This is foolishness!" Kassel hisses in exasperation
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by onlyme »

Fulp answers,

Yes, we could camp in here tonight, but we lost quite a bit of our oil. We need light for the guards to see, and will extinguish our supply before tomorrow is done. I agree with the small ones. Let's return to town, explain what we've found, and be better prepared. Better that than dead.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#373 Post by Alethan »

Ciar sighs, "Though i hate to cross that slime again, I'd rather rest and kit up proper than get stuck down here with no light."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan sighs. "Fine. But I want to see if I can open that lock first. See if there's anything worth coming back for. I'm likely to fall off that damn ledge and don't want to cross it more than I have to."

"Please give me the key. That pit trap won't hurt me too badly, and I can see if the key works. That lock's old and rusty, so I doubt there's any danger behind it. But, you can go ahead and close the door behind me if you want. I'll do it myself."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by onlyme »

SOunds like a smart plan. Just don't go far. We cannot wait long for you with the infirmed around here. and we all need to go through the slime together...

Fulp declares.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#376 Post by dmw71 »

AleBelly wrote:"Please give me the key..."
Just waiting to see if Ciar will give Sylvan the key.
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan, after thinking to himself, surmises that the lock is probably weak enough that it can be broken. "I'll try to break the lock and poke my head into the next room. This is my decision, so don't risk yourselves for my expense. I do not expect it. I do this because I do not like my chances of crossing the slime three more times."

With that, he moves into the pit trap room. Sylvan will try to break the lock, first by wedging his spear shaft into the handle and snapping it with a prying motion.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#378 Post by dmw71 »

With the rest of the party on one side of the original, western door, Sylvan crosses the room and begins to examine the opposing door.

Peering across the room from the safety of the already travelled passageway, the group watches at Sylvan uses his spear to easily pry open the rusty lock on the door in the eastern wall.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#379 Post by dmw71 »

Sylvan sets his lantern down just behind him and reaches for the handle on the door with one hand while holding his spear in his other. He opens the door slightly and peers inside the room.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by onlyme »

Fulp discusses strategy with the others, while nervously awaiting Sylvan's fate.

ok, we have just enough rope here, I believe to cut us a path back. We need to make sure we secure burnable logs for next trip. If he doesnt come back and tell us it is a dead end anyway.

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”