Siege of the Rift (G2 Part 4)

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Siege of the Rift (G2 Part 4)

#141 Post by Magnus »

Cwreando wrote:I'm subscribed but not getting the updates. ARGHHHHHHHH!

If it's not to late here are my rolls.

Save vs spell roll = D 20 Rolls [1d20] = 12

Second D20 roll = D 20 Rolls [1d20] = 11
As I mentioned earlier, you need to check the forum. I am posting this publicly because this applies to everyone.

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#142 Post by Magnus »

Storm11 wrote:PbP Forum code: [1d6] = 2
Updated HPs for you and Gaerys in last thread.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#143 Post by Cwreando »

Andor strains to hear anything from the direction of the dragon and rider using his helm to understand their intent and give an edge to the party as to what may happen soon.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by Magnus »

Round 3

The heroes huddle at the mouth of the cavern contemplating their next move. Andor listens for signs of hostiles, but hears only the howling wind and buzz of insects as he gulps down a potion.

Jinx circles in avian form, looking for their attacker. He sees:

JINX ONLY!
An ogre-sized, purple-skinned, exotically garbed humanoid flying north, and located above the insect plague and about 30' past the ledge. It is starting to veer around to pass by the party's location, but that will take a few minutes. Even from a distance, Jinx can see its tusks glistening and its eyes afire with murderous intent.

HP:
Gaerys: 65/73
Flambeau: 75/75
Andor: 21/35
Vorsyin: 42/52
Brax: 61/74
Throm: 34/54
Jinx: 41/57
Last edited by Magnus on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#145 Post by Cwreando »

Andor looks around at the others and says, "We'll shall we backtrack or push on? I can't hear a thing out there nor can I see very well between the insects and blizzard."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Zhym »

"Stay here and stay alert until we get a report from Jinx," replies Gaerys. "We have an unknown attacker outside that's already cost us three men, and we should not poke any further inward except at full strength."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Storm11 »

Jinx flies much higher than the creature hoping his eagle eyes will keep the monster in his sights.

what round is this? How many more rounds till he can call another bolt of lightning?
Last edited by Storm11 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#148 Post by Magnus »

Storm11 wrote:
what round is this? How many more rounds till he can call another bolt of lightening?
Round 3. 7 more rounds.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Zhym »

Okay, the whole "wait for a report from Jinx" idea may not work out as Gaerys had planned. :D

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Storm11 »

Hopefully someone is watching the exit and the sky's beyond! :)
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Zhym »

I was under the impression that we'd already looked around and weren't able to see our attacker.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Storm11 »

I think it's only wise for someone to keep watch no? Ranger. Range!
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Zhym »

Or, the druid could come clue the rest of us in on what the heck's going on. :P

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Storm11 »

he's not risking being blown to bits by another fireball coz you can't be arsed to stand look out :D

Flambeau will stand guard at the cave entrance and watch out for the little Druids return.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#155 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax & Throm remain silent and vigilant watching out for baddies and for their lost kin Krom. Ready with weapons in hand.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Zhym »

Gaerys isn't going to get blown to bits by another fireball just because Jinx is too flighty to report back. :D

Anyway, this is all metagaming because Gaerys and Jinx can't exactly converse right now. I'm going to play this, at least for the moment, as if Gaerys thinks Jinx is going to report back soon. Meanwhile, maybe Jinx thinks Gaerys is looking for his attacker. I do think we tried looking around after the first fireball hit and didn't see anything, so I don't know if Gaerys would see anything even if he did poke his head out the cave entrance.

Assuming Jinx doesn't come by in the next couple of minutes to share what's going on, Gaerys will try to fade into the shadows and explore the cave the party is in.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#157 Post by Cwreando »

Andor tells Gaery,"I'll join you. I don't feel comfortable moving outside the cave just yet. I might as well help you out."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Zhym »

"It's probably better if you stay here with the others for the moment," Gaerys tells Andor. "Two of us will be little more use than one if it comes to a battle, but if I go alone there's a better chance that I can slip in and out unseen."

He grins. "If you hear fighting—or me yelling in agony—feel free to come rescue me! Otherwise, I should be back in a few minutes."

The other option, of course, is we all head into the caves to see what we can find—and hope whatever was lobbing fireballs at us has some reason not to toss one into the cave after us.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#159 Post by Cwreando »

Andor says,"I suggest we all move back into the caves. If a fireball does come in here I have a plan that may save us. We should all go."

Andor prepares his spell Icewall so that it is ready in a moments notice. Should he hear the sounds of a fireball entering the cave he will cast the wall and seal them inside using the ice wall as a barrier from the fireball. He will make the ice wall so that a small part of it is thinner on the edge allowing for an escape exit. Not too thin but thinner. If possible

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Zhym »

Interesting idea. But Wall of Ice takes 4 segments to cast. Fireball takes 3. It'd be a pretty neat trick to put up a wall in time to stop a fireball that's already been cast!

If you want to put up the wall, go ahead and put it up now—although we might want to find out if the cave we're in is a dead end before sealing ourselves in. And if you don't think it's worth having Gaerys hide and check out what's in the caves before we go walking in, let's go in as a group. But I think it makes some sense for Gaerys to have a look first so we might be able to plan an attack for once instead of having attacks happen to us.

Return to “Against the Giants (OSRIC)”