Session 23: Crusaders of Flahrym

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Session 23: Crusaders of Flahrym

#1 Post by Johnny Champion »

Place all conversations for next Session on this topic!

XP to follow in 15 minutes.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

XP and Treasure

#2 Post by Johnny Champion »

XP and Treasure for Session 22: Conquest of Vandor

Total: 348,866 XP

Per Player: Groot and Nihil (-12,000 XP adj)
Groot 31608
Tungsten 47608
Lumiere 47608
Mooki 47608
Kaleb 47608
Faelwen 47608
Rickul 47608
Nihil 31608

Quests: 105,000 XP
Destruction of Phylacteries 30,000
Reduction of Flahrym 50,000
Divine Presence 25,000

Magic Items: 58,000 XP
Mace of Ares
Ring of Teleportation
Ring of Restoration
Wand of Magic Missiles
Malum Umbra

Treasure XP: 37,366 XP (See Spreadsheet for details)
Treasure Value: 74,732 GP (See Spreadsheet for details)

Foes Vanquished: 148,500 XP
Cambion, Greater (x2)
Vyncessi
Ghasts
Graeblong, Elemental Prince, Earth
Golems, Stone (x2)
Golems, Iron (x2)
Elemental, Earth (x2)
Giants, Hill (x10)
Giants, Stone (x3)
Lich, Lord Elau
Lich, Lord Marcel
Devil, Bone (x2)
Devil, Pit Fiend (x2)

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session 23: Crusaders of Flahrym

#3 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:With 5 minutes to spare!
I had a head start...and when will our cookies arrive?

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:Can we get stats on Ring of Teleportation, Ring of Restoration and Malum Umbra?
Yes. I will have updated stats on ALL items later today

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Rhourk »

Johnny Champion wrote:
Rhourk wrote:With 5 minutes to spare!
I had a head start...and when will our cookies arrive?
We pick up cookies this weekend. So there will be something like 3000 boxes in our basement. They will be sorted by troop member and I can bring ours to the following session.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Johnny Champion »

Ancient War Mace of Ares:

+3 War Mace
Damage 2d8+3+Proficiency Bonus (+1d8 if worship of Ares)
Add Proficiency to Damage (not strength)
2 Attacks per Rd, every other round get bonus action attack at end of round.
'19': Double Damage
'20': Triple Damage

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Johnny Champion »

Ring of Teleportation
2/day: Teleporation Spell
(%Possibility of Error)

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Johnny Champion »

Wand of Magic Missiles:
(3/day): 4d4+4

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Ring of Restoration

#9 Post by Johnny Champion »

Ring of Restoration:
(1/day): Restore 100% Health
Bonds with only 1 person
Must have 1+ HP to use

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Malum Umbra

#10 Post by Johnny Champion »

Malum Umbra: (Rod)
Alignment: NE
Intelligence: (Telepathic, 1 individual, limited sight/sound 10' radius)
Power: Beam of Shadows
Immunity to Radiant, Necrotic Damage
(1/day): Death 10' Cone (1-3HD/Lvl: No ST, 4-5HD: DC15, 6HD/Lvl: 50hp damage)
Relic
Purpose: Unknown

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Rhourk »

My thoughts...
Mace to Kaleb - he is the fighter without a magic one handed weapon. If someone else really wants it that's fine with me, it's not that much of a damage upgrade to him but the ability to use a shield is nice.

Ring of restoration - It's for Tungsten or Kaleb, it will get used in every fight that way. If Kaleb gets the mace and can use a shield then I say Tungsten should get the ring. They just take a lot more damage than anyone else.

Ring of Teleportation - I am thinking Lumiere, it could allow her to get to someone in a hurry to heal if needed. Anyone else just needs to make a case for it, otherwise I say roll off. It's nice, but Kaleb can Misty step and Nihil stays hidden, so my guys don't need it.

Wand of magi missiles, whoever needs ranged firepower should make a case, it's nice. Kaleb doesn't want need it, if he is standing back then he is wasting valuable melee time.

Malum Umbra - The One called Nihil will put this to the best use. He can get in position, and it gives him a viable area of effect attack.

Those are my thoughts.

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Johnny Champion »

After the destruction of the phylacteries and the appearance of Archon Gaelaron, The Magestic, the party collects many of the items, statues, rugs, gems, gold, etc.. from the tower.

A detachment of 300 strong Ironthal cavalry has entered to the outskirts of the city. They traveled through an ancient tunnel through the Central Veil and entered Flahrym through the Nier Valley. A force of 500+ elven archers and infantry crossed the Selin River near Tamore and are also camped outside the city.

It seems they have been alerted by the Elven King of Lladithiel of the reduction in power of the Lords of Flahrym. A golden eagle flies above the tower and soon lands on the shoulder of Mooki, he soon transforms into an elven druid named Gonethin.

The session will start at the point:

Also: Faelwen has located a Teleportation Circle in the lower chamber; she has the Quardels to reach Loden and The Ironna Feign (Magic Guild that is no longer nefariously run).

Quardels are magical runes and special markings that denote a specific location.

MAP: Current Location Reference
Area around Party
Area around Party
Session 23 Map.png (374.37 KiB) Viewed 944 times

Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:My thoughts...
Mace to Kaleb - he is the fighter without a magic one handed weapon. If someone else really wants it that's fine with me, it's not that much of a damage upgrade to him but the ability to use a shield is nice.

Ring of restoration - It's for Tungsten or Kaleb, it will get used in every fight that way. If Kaleb gets the mace and can use a shield then I say Tungsten should get the ring. They just take a lot more damage than anyone else.

Ring of Teleportation - I am thinking Lumiere, it could allow her to get to someone in a hurry to heal if needed. Anyone else just needs to make a case for it, otherwise I say roll off. It's nice, but Kaleb can Misty step and Nihil stays hidden, so my guys don't need it.

Wand of magi missiles, whoever needs ranged firepower should make a case, it's nice. Kaleb doesn't want need it, if he is standing back then he is wasting valuable melee time.

Malum Umbra - The One called Nihil will put this to the best use. He can get in position, and it gives him a viable area of effect attack.

Those are my thoughts.
I would agree on all points. Rickul has no need of any of them, obviously. The wand of magic missiles, though, could go to either Tungsten or Kaleb so that next time there's an enemy 150ft away, you can attack them at ranged as well as close on them.

Johnny Champion wrote:After the destruction of the phylacteries and the appearance of Archon Gaelaron, The Magestic, the party collects many of the items, statues, rugs, gems, gold, etc.. from the tower.

A detachment of 300 strong Ironthal cavalry has entered to the outskirts of the city. They traveled through an ancient tunnel through the Central Veil and entered Flahrym through the Nier Valley. A force of 500+ elven archers and infantry crossed the Selin River near Tamore and are also camped outside the city.

It seems they have been alerted by the Elven King of Lladithiel of the reduction in power of the Lords of Flahrym. A golden eagle flies above the tower and soon lands on the shoulder of Mooki, he soon transforms into an elven druid named Gonethin.

The session will start at the point:
Firstly, Rickul will laugh his half-elven butt off at the sight of an eagle perched on Mooki's shoulder transforming into a full-sized Elf without landing on the ground first.
On a serious note, (asking the players right now) what is our mood twd these armies? I know the PCs are pretty "WTH, Bro??" with Ironthal (who would undoubtedly try and claim credit for dispatching the perils we just barely survived). What of the Elves? Should we seek their wisdom on the surrounding lands, including Ironthal, and how to deal with them, or are we planning on just washing our hands of these lands and heading back to the Scholl valley after a hot meal and a good night's rest?
Johnny Champion wrote:Also: Faelwen has located a Teleportation Circle in the lower chamber; she has the Quardels to reach Loden and The Ironna Feign (Magic Guild that is no longer nefariously run).

Quardels are magical runes and special markings that denote a specific location.
A stargate address. Gatcha!
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Rhourk »

I don't know that Kaleb or Tungsten can use the wand, not sure though.

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Tungsten »

I had the same exact vision of an Elven Druid perched on Mooki's shoulder!!!!! :P

As per usual I agree with Craig's assessment of the item distribution.

Mace is perfect for Kaleb. (And he can deal with a pissed off Ares later.) Tungsten has enough powerful enemies.

I had the same thought regarding the Ring of Restoration. Give it to one of the Damage Sponges. Tungsten could definitely get the most bang out of the ring given his high HP. Thoughts?

Totally agree that Lumiere should be our Cleric On Tap via Ring of Teleportation.

Wand of Magic Missile should go to whoever does not have a good ranged attack. Root is throwing rocks BTW. Really a toss up for whoever ants it. Definitely not need by Faelwen or Tungsten.

Malum Umbra for Nihil sounds like fun.

Last but not least, Chris I'm guessing Faelwen can add Tower of Flahrym , Loden and Iron Feign to her list of Teleportation Circle locations. Right?

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Tungsten »

Damn autocorrect!!!! GROOT not Root!!

Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Rhourk »

Let's give the ring to Tungsten as Kaleb can already heal 90 with lay on hands. Can he give his current regen run to Kaleb?

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”