Chapter 5b: Unexpected allies, and a way out?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 5b: Unexpected allies, and a way out?

#61 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rand nods once and then procures something from his pack. A symbol that each member of the guild of Prometheus wears to mark them. He holds it in his palm towards Matkinsai, "I was given this by a man that you know, a man that I owe my entire life to... a man I aspire to become." He stops for a moment, gaining confidence or holding back tears, it is unknown, "In order to do that... I ask that you take me in as an official member. I will do my utmost to not let his memory down."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Grognardsw »

"Ah, as I suspected. That which is, is not, and yet shall be," says Deceidon enigmatically.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Zhym »

"We have not heard your answer to Matkinsai's question, Deceidon. You appear to be on reasonably good terms with the assassin Sunshine. Do you think he can be convinced to give up the dagger voluntarily?"

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Grognardsw »

"I can try, but if we have means here with Rand's skill that seems easier," says Deceidon.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:
Rand nods once and then procures something from his pack. A symbol that each member of the guild of Prometheus wears to mark them. He holds it in his palm towards Matkinsai, "I was given this by a man that you know, a man that I owe my entire life to... a man I aspire to become." He stops for a moment, gaining confidence or holding back tears, it is unknown, "In order to do that... I ask that you take me in as an official member. I will do my utmost to not let his memory down."
"Rand, my family welcomes you. You have already shown the proficiencies needed to excel in our ranks, and the necessary thirst for knowledge, but with admission into our group comes a price that may never go away. Rand, to join our family now would mean putting your life at risk. As a brother, you must strive to carry out the group's best interests in everything that you do, to not tarnish the face of magic but keep it safe and helpful. Not everyone views the magic the way we do, and because of that, being a brother of our order is dangerous. What happens during, and after the war is all up in the air, our Guild's fate resting in weak and fragile hands.

"Just as those who have proven their moral conviction in the face of grave adversity and impossible odds, so must you if you choose to carry Prometheus' fire within you. As the last remaining guild of magics in the lands of Kinra, our responsibility towards the future of magic is great indeed."

"Deceidon, your order is the direct enemy of ours and vice versa, though it is not by our choice. Your order seeks to destroy what we stand for and uphold, this has been the case for many centuries. Tell me, is this still the case? Do you think there be any hope of temporary cooperation amongst our groups, the hint of others who would wish to stop unnecessary bloodshed? I speak of wartime preparation, but I also speak of keeping my family alive..."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon, Order of the Knife

"My guild would see you dead," he answers. "Only proof of Fenrin's duplicity and the danger of the orb will sway them to another course of action. If the allegations are to be believed, he is the greater of evils. After that, proof of magick's good may change the Guild and greater society's current perception."

"It seems we should destroy the orb now with Rand's ability and my words."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rukellian »

Grognardsw wrote:Deceidon, Order of the Knife

"My guild would see you dead," he answers. "Only proof of Fenrin's duplicity and the danger of the orb will sway them to another course of action. If the allegations are to be believed, he is the greater of evils. After that, proof of magick's good may change the Guild and greater society's current perception."

"It seems we should destroy the orb now with Rand's ability and my words."
"The order's stance has not changed, I see..." Matkinsai responds with a nod of the head. "The time for words is appears to be over, at least for the time being. We have a dagger to secure, a realm to escape, and another to save. Any last words before we set things into motion?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rand looks at matkinsai, a slight smile forming, "I know the risks, thank you for accepting me... master." He then looks to the rest of the group assembled, "Let's get that dagger."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Grognardsw »

"I can try talking with Sunshine," offers Deceidon.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rukellian »

5b will merge into 5 for the remainder of the chapter.

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”