[Continued] - Valorei/Elves - 2 April, 1 VC

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Valorei/Elves - 2 April, 1 VC

#341 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Did... Did Halfred just kill me?!? Seriously now?

Honestly, I thought it'd be Wendall...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#342 Post by Enoch »

If it helps, I'm almost as horrified as Halfred. Technically I think you're at 0 HP, which isn't dead, and not in need of immediate assistance. Olympia, however, is pretty well-done.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by MonkeyWrench »

if were using the unconscious rules Olympia's at what, -6? Holy hells, and I thought we were supposed to worry about the creatures in the forest but it's our own team mates that try to kill us...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Keehnelf »

Val is also wearing armor and face down in the pond.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by MonkeyWrench »

So basically...
Val, gurgle gurgle gurgle, blub blub"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#346 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wendall shivers tensely and bites down hard on his tongue, hard enough to draw blood. He shakes his head in utter disbelief at what has just transpired.

Then he casts one of his spells at the scrags head.

Magic Missile [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Keehnelf »

MonkeyWrench wrote:if were using the unconscious rules Olympia's at what, -6? Holy hells, and I thought we were supposed to worry about the creatures in the forest but it's our own team mates that try to kill us...
That was a pretty crazy round of charging into battle coupled with lots of missile attacks and a nice bit of already-flaming oil. Volatile! That's the word I was looking for.

Everyone gets a little bit panicked when they encounter their first troll at level 1, so it's understandable.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#348 Post by Enoch »

Keehnelf wrote:Val is also wearing armor and face down in the pond.
I was in such a rush to attack the troll I didn't realize that Val went over in the pond. In that case, if I can, I will rush over to drag Val out.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Keehnelf wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:if were using the unconscious rules Olympia's at what, -6? Holy hells, and I thought we were supposed to worry about the creatures in the forest but it's our own team mates that try to kill us...
That was a pretty crazy round of charging into battle coupled with lots of missile attacks and a nice bit of already-flaming oil. Volatile! That's the word I was looking for.

Everyone gets a little bit panicked when they encounter their first troll at level 1, so it's understandable.
Let it be known that Val was perfectly calm until the arrow shot him in the back. :lol:

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Keehnelf »

Enoch wrote:
Keehnelf wrote:Val is also wearing armor and face down in the pond.
I was in such a rush to attack the troll I didn't realize that Val went over in the pond. In that case, if I can, I will rush over to drag Val out.
Done.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#351 Post by Enoch »

Actually, it sounds like Val was perfectly calm AFTER Thistlebottom shot him in the back, too...

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by AleBelly »

:lol:
Enoch wrote:Actually, it sounds like Val was perfectly calm AFTER Thistlebottom shot him in the back, too...

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Dram »

Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#354 Post by Mister-Kent »

Enoch wrote:Olympia, however, is pretty well-done.
Ooh, burn! The body's not even cold yet :( And judging by the flambe she just went through, won't be for some time...
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Keehnelf »

Round Two Summary - Still Trollin' After All These Years (But Not for Long)

Enemy Initiative [1d6] = 1

Niles pulls at his hair in horror at the disastrous effects of his attempt to burn the troll, dropping his torch in the process. It lands in the damp grass and sputters out.

Torch out on a 1-2 [1d6] = 2

He rushes forward to drag the massive woman from the water feet-first, then rolls her over to tend to the worst of the injuries. (stabilized)

Halfred responds similarly, dropping his bow (it is also no longer on fire, just to clarify) and rushing to pull his elf companion from the water. Varas rushes past the troll, giving the creature an opportunity to swipe at him with the two claws left on its right hand. They graze his shoulder lightly and throw him slightly off balance, but he makes it to the torch and manages to get it re-lit, though he is now standing at a distance of almost twenty feet from the troll as a result. (Varas takes 1 damage)

Troll attack [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16, damage [1d6] = 1

Harold tosses a second flask of oil, this time expertly striking the large creature squarely in the chest, splashing the liquid all over its body and getting a bit on Baxtaw and Dorvar in the impact area as well.

A bolt of purple magical energy flies from Wendall's hands and strikes the creature in the head, leaving a huge furrow along its cheek and removing several teeth.

Baxtaw and Dorvar press the attack with the creature, though only Dorvar's magical axe manages to connect with the creature, carving another deep furrow in its torso before it attempts a counter-attack against the hardy dwarf with its single fully-intact claw. It overcompensates for the dwarf's height, and Baxtaw is able to step in from behind and trip the monstrous thing, sending it sprawling into the water. It scrambles to regain its feet rather than pressing its attack once again with a bite.

Troll claw [1d20] = 1, damage [1d6] = 3

Troll: 8 HP

Actions and initiative!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Zhym »

Is the troll covered in oil despite falling into the water?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Keehnelf »

Yeah, falling in the water doesn't un-coat you. Consequently, be careful around Olympia's unconscious body. The water might have snuffed the flames but she still has plenty of unburned oil on her.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Zhym »

How far is the troll now from Olympia, Baxtaw, and Dorvar? Could someone with a torch attempt a melee hit on the troll without risking lighting the others?

I'm not sure if anyone still has a torch, though. Harold has some in his pack, but none of them are lit. The soonest he could light the troll would be next round.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Keehnelf »

Varas is very close by Harold at the moment with a lit torch. And a successful melee attack against the troll would light it.

A fumble would probably light one of the oil-tainted folks in melee combat with the troll, and an odd-numbered miss while tossing the torch at the troll would potentially hit any of Halfred, Niles, Val or Olympia as well--they're not in melee with him but they're almost right underfoot given where folks hit the ground and how far you can drag someone while trying to stabilize them.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Zhym »

Apologies for posting this in-thread, but it looks like some people aren't updating HP on their character sheets. Harold might rush to heal someone who needs it, but I can't tell who that might be based on the PC sheets.

Harold could grab the torch from Varas and try to light the troll, but at -2 to-hit in melee, it's probably best if Varas tries to light the troll himself.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”