[Continued] - Valorei/Elves - 2 April, 1 VC

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition - Valorei/Elves - 2 April, 1 VC

#381 Post by Keehnelf »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Well... yeah, Val has really bad HP... Just thought I'd ask though... ;)

Val grumbles and sits up, sword still in hand. "Wha? What hit me?" Upon looking around and seeing the troll still moving Val scrambles up and if he has enough time, makes a swing towards the creature.

Elven Long Sword: [1d20+3] = 7+3 = 10, Damage: [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9
You lose the round when you're healed back up, sorry :(

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Keehnelf wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:Well... yeah, Val has really bad HP... Just thought I'd ask though... ;)

Val grumbles and sits up, sword still in hand. "Wha? What hit me?" Upon looking around and seeing the troll still moving Val scrambles up and if he has enough time, makes a swing towards the creature.

ah well... worth a shot. I guess use that roll and post for next round? Hopefully the troll is dead by then but well....
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by Keehnelf »

MonkeyWrench wrote:
Keehnelf wrote:

ah well... worth a shot. I guess use that roll and post for next round? Hopefully the troll is dead by then but well....
Doesn't roll over.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Zhym »

With that roll, you probably don't want it to roll over.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Well fine! I'll get a new roll! With blackjack! And Hookers! In fact, forget the new roll!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#386 Post by Enoch »

With a worried look back at Valorei, Halfred draws his shortsword and charges, faltering as he sees the torch nearing the now-flammable troll.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw will attack the Troll with his +1 L Sword

L. Sword attack
+1 L. Sword tohit[1d20+2] = 6+2 = 8, Todam sm[1d8+2] = 4+2 = 6, lg[1d12+2] = 8+2 = 10
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Marullus »

*bump*
Is the troll dead? :) What are Olympia's current hit points now that she is stabilized?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Keehnelf »

Will update this weekend--had some projects to complete Thursday and Friday that slowed down combat posts unfortunately.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Keehnelf »

Round Three Summary - Friendly Firefight

Enemy Initiative [1d6] = 5

The troll is unhappy but seems thoroughly enraged by the attacks being made on it, and presses the assault against Dorvar, swiping with its undamaged claw overhand, using that as a way of driving Dorvar to one side where it is able to lunge forward and sink its filthy, broken fangs into the dwarf's shoulder. (he takes 7 damage)

Troll vs. Dorvar [1d20] = 7, damage [1d6] = 3, troll bite [1d20] = 16 damage [1d10] = 7

Halfred turns toward the melee, sword in hand, while standing over Valorei--but seeing the likelihood of further danger from the troll being lit up he decides to hang back. At the same time, Niles drags Olympia out of harm's way, hoping to keep her from being further burned now that she has been at least stabilized. Harold rushes forward to Valorei's unconscious body, calling out to Branwyn for aid--and the Lord of Light sees fit to answer, fully healing the fragile elf, who blinks uncertainly at the tumult immediately above and surrounding him. He looks around for his sword, but discovers that it is not to hand.

There is the sound of shattering glass from behind the party, and Halfred and Niles, almost the only ones not in melee combat with the troll, look back to see Wendall standing near a line of shrubs with a candle in one hand, the shine of shattered glass and glistening oil wetting the leaves and grass a short distance in front of his feet.

Varas, having got the torch lit, brandishes it at the troll and attempts to ignite the creature, but it is too fast, the agility that allowed it to outmaneuver the dwarf serving it well as it attempts to stay clear of the deadly substance. The dwarf is thrown off balance and unable to bring his two-handed axe effectively to bear against the troll who has one side of his body pinioned between its mighty jaws, the rank and vegetal breath of the creature washing over him in waves as it pants and heaves at him, attempting to break his body.

Baxtaw, who had been attempting to make a strike against the creature's neck and decapitate it, finds himself unable to effectively strike at the creature without harming his dwarven ally, and his successful strikes do little more than leave scratches against the monster's sinewy arm.

Troll: 8 HP (still!)

Actions and Initiative!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Marullus »

initiative [1d6] = 3

Nihilius remains with the massive warrior-priestess, using the cold lake water to both soothe Olympia's burns and remove the remaining oil, doing whatever is needed to keep her stable. He keeps an eye on Wendall, and is ready to act if needed. With so many in the melee, more oil there can only harm...

(Is there more that can/must be done for Olympia?)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by Keehnelf »

No, she'll be fine until combat is over unless she gets set on fire again.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#393 Post by Enoch »

Halfred takes a deep breath, seemingly steeling his nerves, and charges at the troll.

Short Sword: [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15, damage [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4, initiative [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by AleBelly »

Varas is horrified to see the watery beast bite into Dorvar. "Exit the battle, dwarf! Allow others to enter." He spends a couple seconds watching the troll move, then moves in to ignite the oil covering it with a torch.

Burn baby burn [1d20] = 15

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#395 Post by Scott308 »

Dorvar, while still on his feet is definitely feeling the effects of tangling with a troll. He hears Varas exhort him to back away, but his stubborn dwarven pride does not allow him to do so. Even in his weakened state, he feels he is still the best hope of keeping the foul creature from slaughtering his friends. He attempts to shove the beast away from him to enable a more powerful swing of his axe. A mumbled request to Marthammor Duin escapes his lips, asking the dwarven god to guide his axe and protect his ward in this moment of need.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Keehnelf »

Do you want max damage, or a negative effect for the troll?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#397 Post by Marullus »

(Special effect! "The troll ruptures like a pinata, spilling forth gold coins!")

Scott308

#398 Post by Scott308 »

Let's go negative effect. I already rolled max damage.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Keehnelf »

Hmmm, true. You can add a minor negative effect to your max damage roll then. Normally negative effects change it to minimum damage.

Scott308

#400 Post by Scott308 »

I just want to kill the damn thing. I kind of saw the Nat 20 with max damage roll as cutting the troll in half or something dramatic, having Dorvar's axe guided by the hand of his god after the prayer. As long as the troll is "dead" I'm fine. If you want to add some cosmetic effect for flavor, I'm fine with that.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”