Briarbeard Tavern (Vaul) - III

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Briarbeard Tavern (Vaul) - III

#1 Post by Keehnelf »

Continued from the last.
Last edited by Keehnelf on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Briarbeard Tavern (Vaul) - III

#2 Post by Dram »

Braxtaw - Will get himself some breakfast at the Inn. He will wait for Ulf or someone from his party.

Unless they already are down there and missed their entrance. If so he will sit with them.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Keehnelf »

There was some interest in a small-group expedition to the ruins east of town--Zirina was approached about accompanying the group or sending along one or more of her mercenaries, but she politely declined, saying "Those ruins are a death trap, and from what I hear all the loot's been taken. My men aren't interested, and neither am I."

Is there still interest in getting a group together for that, or just waiting until the larger party gets organized to leave town after the festival?
reminder that post-festival expeditions can still be organized now.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Keehnelf »

Dram wrote:Braxtaw - Will get himself some breakfast at the Inn. He will wait for Ulf or someone from his party.

Unless they already are down there and missed their entrance. If so he will sit with them.
Two days' lodging is required for Baxtaw to end up on Harrowing.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wendall seaks out Val to see if he still plans on organizing a trip east to find the elves, or if they should plan for something else. It seems like we might have a couple of more fellows interested in joining us this trip.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Marullus »

Keehnelf wrote:Is there still interest in getting a group together for that, or just waiting until the larger party gets organized to leave town after the festival?
Yes, I think so. Nihilius and Halfred will head out, plus anyone else who speaks up. Anyone?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by AleBelly »

Varas skips into the Briarbeard Tavern, high on the rush of getting his horse.

Upon hearing of future plans, he responds. "I'm not interested in those ruins close to town. Illness, people running off, possessed, people killed...no thanks. I'll wait for Val to head off to look for the lost elven city."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#8 Post by Scott308 »

Dorvar agreed with Varas. Too many have been there already with bad results. I've no interest in risking my life just out of curiosity. Unless you have knowledge of something yet to be found, I'll not let curiosity kill the dwarf.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Marullus »

Nihilius raises an eyebrow at their warnings. "You have been there, then? What, then, are the tales? Who's tomb was it? How did it come to be full of horrors? What do we know now about the ancient kingdom of this land becausr you have gone? I listened to the tales of this tavern. I have heard you went, and that you looted it of its burial goods, but no more than that. The last forays remain secretive as a whole... Why? Someone must care to learn more, that this knowledge could benefit. If none who have gone have shared this lore, then we must go again."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Marullus »

Keehnelf wrote:The tavern is officially closed for business and conversation that originates here--Ghrym is off doing other stuff. But you can all sit at the tables in the festival ground and have this conversation...food will be served soon.
Tavern is closed on festival day; I assume we're resuming action on this thread as "the following morning" or we are locking this thread until the Harrowing is over?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Keehnelf »

I assume this was April 1 conversation.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#12 Post by Scott308 »

My group has not been to the ruins. I have only heard others talk about their experiences while sitting in the tavern, says Dorvar. If ye are keen on going, good luck to ye. Before you go, make sure you talk to someone who has been there and survived.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Hearing of a trip to go some elves. I would to accompany you to find the elves. As for the ruins I have been there and all the rumors are true. Death follows you in and fights with all of its might to keep from leaving. Last I saw the evil is walking freely roaming the land. It headed west out of ruins. The being or whatever it was said in twelve days. And that is all it said. We did not figure what it meant.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Marullus »

Nihilius pauses and asks, "What being?"

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Enoch »

Halfred sighs. "Well! All this talk of death and dying has quite put me off my appetite. Still, I would like to see what lies beyond the city; it was quite the trip to get here, and I should hate to find I had wasted the trip, not to mention there was a very fine party I was invited to back home to which I had to decline the invitation. Whether we go to the ruins or elsewhere, I shall leave to wiser heads."

Seemingly in defiance of his own words, he tucks back into his food.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by MonkeyWrench »

assuming this conversation is the morning after the harrowing then...

Val, sitting in his now usual spot at the end of the bar, paper in front of him, smiles as Wendall approaches him.
OGRE MAGE wrote:Wendall seaks out Val to see if he still plans on organizing a trip east to find the elves, or if they should plan for something else. It seems like we might have a couple of more fellows interested in joining us this trip.
Valorei looks around, "Hm? We do? Excellent! I always say, the more the merrier! Especially when it involves delving into ancient places that may have not been touched for hundreds of years!" He gives Wendall a bright smile with a nod of his head when the mage asks if the expedition is still on, "Once I was finished here I was going to round everyone up and pick a time to set out, I would prefer it is we left this morning, but I would hate to leave anyone willing to go behind..."

When Varas and Dorvar enter he waves excitedly at them, calling out, "Hello and good morning! It is nice to see you two, I was just about to search for Olympia and then we can be on our way! Or that is... until the young Wendall here told me of others willing to join? As I told him, I always say, the more the merrier! Especially when it involves delving into ancient places that may have not been touched for hundreds of years! hehe"
Dram wrote:Baxtaw- Hearing of a trip to go some elves. I would to accompany you to find the elves. As for the ruins I have been there and all the rumors are true. Death follows you in and fights with all of its might to keep from leaving. Last I saw the evil is walking freely roaming the land. It headed west out of ruins. The being or whatever it was said in twelve days. And that is all it said. We did not figure what it meant.
Val gives the man a wide smile, "Of course! Are you one of the new people that young Wendall here told me of? Or were you walking by and the chance to see an ancient society? Whether they are ruins or not the possibility of discovering something that has been, essentially, hidden from the world for hundreds of years is.. well, it's almost breathtaking! Hahah!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Enoch »

The diminutive halfling hops down off his stool and pads over to where Valorei sits. He smiles up at the man, places his right hand on the belly of his waistcoat and bows. "Halfred Thistlebottom, sometime burglar, at your service. I say 'burglar', but that's such an ugly word, don't you think? I've never taken anything belonging to anyone still alive; except of course an occasional morsel of food. I can't help myself around mushrooms."

He pauses, shaking his head and grinning. "Listen to me prattling on. I believe I may be one of those Wendall speaks of; as is Nihilius. I have an interest in history, you see; and all this talk of ancient civilizations, well: it has me all a-flutter."
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Val tilts his head at the halfling as he introduces himself, a simple smile on his face. The smile grows exponentially as the halfling ends his introduction stating that he is fond of historical discoveries, "Hahaha!!!! That is wonderful news! I was hoping to meet a fellow scholar in this new land! tell me, have you ventured out before, or is this your first expedition into this land?!" he looks around briefly, "Is your friend, Nihilius was it? Is he here now? Or will be he coming in later? Is he a fellow halfling? Does he also share our interest in historical knowledge?!" The elf talks rapidly, almost too fast to comprehend, his body may as well be shaking from excitement, "Ohh!! It is so nice to meet you Halfred Thistlebottom!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Marullus »

Nihilius offers a polite wave of greeting to Valorei from the adjacent table, already involved in the conversation occurring that morning. "I am both he who was mentioned by Wendell as being willing to accompany you, and also the historian mentioned, as I am requesting the final tale of the near ruins. I am neither halfling nor burglar, but have come to quickly appreciate the manners and interests of my new companion. I am a sorcerer, seeking the old human kingdom of this realm."
Nihilius, or 'Niles,' is a gangly youth, with long, skinny limbs; his large head is topped with an unruly mob of shaggy brown hair and flanked by protruding ears. A steep, imperious nose and pointed chin fit his long face and his generally somber and unamused expression. He wears an over-large travelling cloak meant for a slightly larger man, and the well-worn, almost threadbare robes of a sorcerer. He is inclined to observe quietly from the sideline, and is accompanied by a large, wiry-haired wolfhound named Ferris.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Val gives the young human youth a large smile, standing up from his stool he gives a gracious bow as he introduces himself to both newcomers, "Please forgive me, in my haste I have yet again forgotten myself and have not properly introduced myself." He continues to bow as he speaks, "I am Valorei Derwaynin, of house Derwaynin, located in the Glittering Silver Forest. I am both mage, warrior, and scholar; In search of this lands many hidden secrets and forgotten truths." he stands up, giving both the human and halfling a wide and cheerful smile, "But you can call my Valorei, or Val for short! Hah!"

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”