Town Errands

AleBelly
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town Errands

#41 Post by Zhym »

Assuming he can do it without jeopardizing his rest, Angus will drag the wolf carcass to a butcher to have it properly preserved as rations.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by AleBelly »

Once he's slept for 8 hours, Angus has no more restrictions. But to heal naturally, players must have uninterrupted rest for 24 hours [1d3 hp gained per 24 hour block]. About the only activity permitted to still gain benefit from natural healing is talking, eating and drinking.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Zhym »

No point in letting the meat go stinky. He might as well drop it off then start the 24 hour clock.

ETA: And all he really cares about is that 8 hour period. After that, magical healing should be a lot faster than the 1-3 points per day (especially if he can't visit a butcher and heal naturally).

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by AleBelly »

Guffy offers to freeze it outside for him if he wants. It's not getting anywhere close to that warm even in the afternoon. It's already butchered, btw. You all did that while Hellebore was making friends with the goblin's wolf.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Zhym »

Okay. Angus will still be too fidgety to do nothing but sit, eat, and drink all day. Once he's had his 8 hours rest so he can fight again, it's off to have his meat cured.

Um, as it were.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Zhym »

That is, unless someone else wants to run Angus's meat errand for him (um) so he can sit on his ass all day.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by enn.in.me »

A little OOC aside--there might not be enough healing for all even with Yenny (and perhaps Hellebore) maxing there heal spell allotments. The 1d3 might come in handy...

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by AleBelly »

FYI, we don't need to role play each day. The only consequence is a drain on resources...especially to those with mounts.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Zhym »

Each day is a day the goblins can shore up their defenses, assuming we're going back there.

If Hellebore is going to factor into healing, Angus needs to get to the farmhouse, and the travel will kill the 1d3 healing for that day. So I figure the natural healing is nice if it happens, but it's going to get in the way of Angus actually doing stuff, he's going to do stuff and rely on magical healing.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Zorroroaster »

As I understand it, we were taking two days in between, yes? Arnulf will sit on his ass.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#51 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny stops by the bank to pull out some money and visits the Greek Fire dealer. She buys 3 more flasks for 36 GP. Back at the church, she gives 4 GP to the donation box to cover lodging & spiritual guidance, and to celebrate the glory of Veles' healing powers.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Zhym »

Feeling much better after some healing, Angus takes his wolf meat to be cured.

How much will that cost and how many rations will come out of it?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by AleBelly »

Who took the other wolf? Normally, I'd say that the curer would take a quarter of the meat, but no way he's desperate enough to eat dog.

It'll take a day or so, and will cost 5 sp per beast. No promises on the taste. Yield will be five days of normal rations per wolf.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Zhym »

Food's food. Mostly. ;)

Angus leaves the 5s and the wolf meat.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Zorroroaster »

Now that Arnulf is hale and hearty, he will visit Aphoz with the intention of procuring some healing potions. He's hoping Aphoz might know where he can find some.

After that he will go to purchase a number of first aid kits. It's his intention to become a bit of a field medic when he can't be useful otherwise.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde will visit Captain Castleman and provide a sit-rep on the previous day's events. Doubtless the good Captain will be convinced of the Half-Orc's candor due to his appearance. He'll try to clean up first.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by AleBelly »

enn.in.me wrote:Yenny stops by the bank to pull out some money and visits the Greek Fire dealer. She buys 3 more flasks for 36 GP. Back at the church, she gives 4 GP to the donation box to cover lodging & spiritual guidance, and to celebrate the glory of Veles' healing powers.
The Greek fire dealer looks at the gnome, incredulous. "That's the last of my supply. It'll take a couple weeks to make more...about five pints or so."

As the gnome gets to the door, he calls out. "And if I see any buildings burning in Alleborg, I'll send the guard in your direction, understand?"

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Zorroroaster »

Arnulf visits the apothecary and buys 6 first aid kits some time before they head out to the farm.

Im on my phone atm, so not sure of price. Will deduct when I get home and look it up.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by AleBelly »

Each first aid kit is 5 gp.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny winks at the dealer on the way out. "You know this is the best stuff for curing a cold!"

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”