Ch. 6: One More Time Around

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 6: One More Time Around

#361 Post by Stirling »

McCloud agrees with Urdak, "I feel like we are a few little mice about to be hunted down in these dark corridors by a big black cat", McCloud looks over his shoulders to check if his spoken words alight pussy shadows on the walls."We do however have more than a portion of cheese" as McClouds pats the carried treasure trove.

"Can I suggest we heal up and feast up on any remaining food somewhere safe? I am thinking of the illusion room where we found the first crown and skeleton Acerack. It is defensible and quiet, tucked away in a corner and we can agree the way forward from there instead of just wandering down corridors with no plan? bro Skarlos you did suggest before about the misty arch leading from the chapel room, very obvious skeleton pointing the way to that trap in my view but maybe worth a chance, dunno though what happened to old man Bindle maybe you'll step through and not come back and I don't fancy skipping through all holding hands together like a bunch of pansies." McCloud becomes all thoughtful.

"My preference is to go back to the entrance corridor with the spheres and find our exit from there. I think all other ways will be further into the tomb and we are needing to get out. After a few days in the sunlight and swamp, fully furnished with a new crew, maybe a few disciples in tow Bro Skarlos and an extra 'hammershield guard' Urdak we could always return if we don't fancy a mithril backed glorious retirement?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by tkrexx »

Aye, those mithral doorns wuz pretty! Urdak's eyes go all dreamy for a moment. But we canna gettn 'em ifn weern dead.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#363 Post by saalaria »

"I agree - back to the hall it is. The question is though where from there, as from memory the statue room had no exit. We could go and search thoroughly for a way back. We can then gradually work our way back through the tomb, looking for a way out."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Stirling »

Agreed, perhaps some food and rest while I go through my remaining provisions.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by Zhym »

You carefully cross the pits, enter the chapel, and crawl through the cramped tunnel. You emerge from the tunnel back into to the second great hallway. The walls and ceiling are covered with figures of animals, strange signs, and glyphs. Images of humans and human-like creatures hold colored spheres. You emerged from a black sphere, held at a figure's feet.
ToH 10.png
ToH 10.png (612.18 KiB) Viewed 711 times
The colors of the orbs held by each figure (or other features) on the west wall, counting from the north are:
GOLD held high above head (which you recall leads to the chamber with the gargoyle statue)
ORANGE held waist high
Door
PURPLE at feet
Door
BRONZE held waist high
GRAY at shoulder
(none)
BRIGHT BLUE at feet
WHITE held high above head
TURQUOISE at shoulder
SCARLET held waist high
PALE GREEN at feet

Down the east wall, starting from the north, are:
PALE BLUE at shoulder
SILVER at feet
(none)
GREEN held high above head
YELLOW at shoulder
PINK held high above head
BLACK at feet (from which you just emerged)
PALE VIOLET at shoulder
(none)
RED held waist high (which you recall leads to a tunnel ending in a dead end)
BUFF at feet
(none)
INDIGO held high above head.
Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 8.52.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 8.52.30 PM.png (256.07 KiB) Viewed 711 times
There is also a mist-filled archway at the south end of the hall.

Actions?

-----
Status: Urdak (Dwarf F10): 15/75; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 13/40; Skarlos (C10): 29/56
Effects: None

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Stirling »

McCloud will start checking all the spheres on the eastern wall. He is not sure exactly what he is looking for though, so using his intuitive rogue skills he will feel his way forward. Any doors, hinges, empty spaces, chill breeze, swamp scent of eerie sounds?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by Zhym »

McCloud pokes and sniffs at the spheres on the eastern wall. Other than the black hole from which you emerged and the red sphere leading to a dead-end tunnel, all the other spheres appear to be solid.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Zhym »

Any thoughts on your next action?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by tkrexx »

Maybe we tryin' the red'un... Maybe we missin' sommat last time? Urdak's memory is not what it used to be. Never was.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by Stirling »

With no reason not to try the red sphere, McCloud will press his hands on the wall where the sphere is drawn and try to open the portal."Better red than dead" says McCloud as a new wave of optimism sweeps over him, "perhaps we'll make out through those mithril gates yet!". He will move ahead into what room or passage lies beyond unless it ends up in some hazy misty arch or is dark.

OOC: did we rest at all in this sphere room, only asking cus McCloud is hungry and looking a but worse for wear?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by Zhym »

McCloud's hands pass right through the space where the red sphere seems to be. Crawling through the passage, he finds himself at an apparent dead end. A little searching, however, reveals a secret door.

You have not rested.
-----
Status: Urdak (Dwarf F10): 15/75; McCloud (F6/MU6/T10): 13/40; Skarlos (C10): 29/56
Effects: None

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by tkrexx »

Mayhap we restin' heern? For the first time, Urdak acknowledges pain. An' getn some grub in my belly.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#373 Post by saalaria »

"Have you found anything McCloud?"
Assumng he responds.
"Let's give it a go - we have few other options at the moment."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Zhym »

FYI, it looks like McCloud could open the secret door just by pushing on it.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by tkrexx »

Been careful, Halfn-Elfn Cloud, the Dwarf warns.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by Stirling »

McCloud pushes his way through the red sphere, expecting a burst of misty red fog and then...

...standing in the next room or passageway, if it is 'safe' with no horrors about to leap out McCloud will call to Bro Skarlos and Urdak to follow through the red sphere portal.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by Zhym »

McCloud is already at the far end of the tunnel on the other side of the red sphere. The secret door is at the end of that tunnel. Nothing has jumped out at him so far.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by tkrexx »

Ae'm still thinkn' we needn to rest, Urdak puffs. And figgern a way to getn zis stinky spear outn my hands.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by Stirling »

"okay guys I've found a not-so-secret door", McCloud is encouraged by the success and feels we are moving forward (or backwards) with some purpose, a hope of escape from the tomb energising his weary bones.

McCloud will give a little finger search for traps, his tool kit crowbar has been zapped so he will rap on the secret door using the end of the sceptre and scrape away the seal with a pin from his kilt.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Zhym »

McCloud's fingers find no traps—probably a good thing, given what traps often do to probing fingers.

There is no seal to scrape away. A simple push will open the door.

Return to “Party 2”