Chapter:1 Home sweet Gnome!

Synthalus
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter:1 Home sweet Gnome!

#201 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Shall we chase down the runners Dram?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx- Let them run we should be able to follow the blood trail. Lets tie the others up.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#203 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur "Tie them up, are yah daft? We should slit their throats."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#204 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

Saph ties up the three sleeping dwarves and removes their weapons. The three dwarves were carrying nasty looking garrote's as well as the short swords which appear to be of dwarven craft. The only wealth found on the dwarves is a handful of copper and silver coins on each of them.

Saph loots 30 CP , 40 SP from the dwarf cutthroats.

A Short time later Bamble comes back with Sotha Sil.

SOTHA SIL

" What has happened here? Bamble told me you were attacked by dwarven cutthroats I assume these are they? I was told that two escaped is this true?"
" Zendur do you recognize this symbol, I am not familiar with it? nor do I speak dwarf. I will cast a comprehend language spell and help you as best I can during their interrogation then we should turn them over to Ser Heinrick Gustoffson and the city watch."
" Whatever we can learn from them to help Heinrick Gustoffson will benefit us greatly. This city is not our jurisdiction and any vigilante justice on our part im afraid will not be looked kindly upon by the Laird and is council. Might I ask one more question? What brings you to the low quarter so late at night? "
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx- Sotha what are you trying to suggest? We were accompanying our new friends back to their home. No more, No Less. We were minding our own business when we were ambushed by these thugs. The two that ran were wounded should be easy to track. And all that was done is that Zen, Cimble and Bamble were protecting me as I casted sleep to end the assault quickly and with as little bloodshed as possible.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#206 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Synthalus wrote:NARRATOR

Saph ties up the three sleeping dwarves and removes their weapons. The three dwarves were carrying nasty looking garrote's as well as the short swords which appear to be of dwarven craft. The only wealth found on the dwarves is a handful of copper and silver coins on each of them.

Saph loots 30 CP , 40 SP from the dwarf cutthroats.

A Short time later Bamble comes back with Sotha Sil.

SOTHA SIL

" What has happened here? Bamble told me you were attacked by dwarven cutthroats I assume these are they? I was told that two escaped is this true?"
" Zendur do you recognize this symbol, I am not familiar with it? nor do I speak dwarf. I will cast a comprehend language spell and help you as best I can during their interrogation then we should turn them over to Ser Heinrick Gustoffson and the city watch."
" Whatever we can learn from them to help Heinrick Gustoffson will benefit us greatly. This city is not our jurisdiction and any vigilante justice on our part im afraid will not be looked kindly upon by the Laird and is council. Might I ask one more question? What brings you to the low quarter so late at night? "
Zendur "Yes Sotha I recognized their symbol. These be evil vile dwarf slavers they work with a evil kraken." Zen clears his throat and continues " That there is the symbol of House Slytherdor!" he spits on the ground to add emphasis to the next part. "A foul clan of evil mountain dwarves beholden ta mighty kraken that lives deep in tha underdark. They sneak into cities like this, all across the upper reaches of the underdark and enslave who e'er they can for their dark masters slave pens."

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#207 Post by Synthalus »

SOTHA SIL

" I think i have heard of this house before in passing. If there are dwarven slavers in this city we must let the City watch know as soon as possible. I will be back shortly with the watch, stay here and dont let them escape."

Sotha invokes the somantics for the Teleport spell and then abruptly disappears.

Teleport spell: [1D100] = 86% = Successful teleport attempt.

-H.P. Lovecraft

GreyWolfVT

#208 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur tries hard to not just slit the slaver dwarves throats "Keepin an close eye on these bastards."

Nimble slinks to the shadows and attempts to be a look out from the shadows. Bow ready in case more slavers show up.
Hide in Shadows 46% Thief Skills [1d100] = 70

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx- We got them covered Sotha, but hurry back in case their friends come back looking for them. Saph checks the binds on the to make sure they are still tight. Zen it may be best for a couple of us to move ourselves into the shadows. I see we think as one already. Saph smiles and looks at the dwarves. He speaks in dwarvish. You gents picked the wrong people mess with.

Bamble will attempt to hide in shadows.
Hide in Shadows 46% [1d100] = 2
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#210 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Aye Nimble is a smart one. Knows what I wanna have him do afore i tells him."

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#211 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

Between fifteen and twenty minutes goes by and finally Sotha and ten gnome vale guards come running through the caverns up to the ambush site.

SOTHA SIL

" These are the slavers constable. My men say there were two more the escaped wounded into the low quarter. Zendur brought to my attention that they are of house Slytherdor if that rings any bells?

Sotha looks to Zendur and Saph and says;

" Ok boys you can give up custody of the criminals now. We have an important day tomorrow we all need our rest. I will see you back at the Inn.

With that Sotha bows ever so slightly to the city constable and then proceeds to walk back in the direction of the inn.

-H.P. Lovecraft

GreyWolfVT

#212 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur gets Nimble, Bamble and Saph. "Lets head back to the guild lads."

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#213 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR
The four thieves watch as the city guards shackle and beat the dwarven slavers into submission and then take them away to be interrogated. The Constable gives Zendur a nod and says before he leaves;

CONSTABLE
" Thank you for your assistance brother dwarf. We have been having trouble with this scum for two months now. They hardly venture out this far from the low quarter. They must have plans for you and your lot, I'd be careful if I were you. Also your secret is safe with me after what you lads did."

CONSTABLE THIEVES CANT
Thanks for ridding the city of that clown Sten. I just hope that we can come to some kind of agreement on how much wealth your lads can pinch from the city without running us dry? I think 1,500GP per month is a fair sum, minus my cut of 300GP of course makes 1,200GP per month. Sten was greedy and always tried to undermine me. If you agree to this sum and stay true to your word then my men will look the other way. Do we have an agreement?

" I used to be on the other side of this at one point now I'm older and want to protect my friends, family and people. We can be friends I believe if you are willing to accept me. The name is Elfrich by the way. Well this scum isn't going to beat their secrets out of themselves, ill speak to you later. I will be at the Laird's feast tomorrow, think over my proposal and give me your answer then. Good bye!

NARRATOR
The constable and his men turn and leave corralling the criminals as they go. The constable waves goodbye with turning around as he walks away.
Last edited by Synthalus on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

-H.P. Lovecraft

GreyWolfVT

#214 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur a wee bit shocked "Surely my partner and I could afford to go so far as to say 1100gp a month and up your cut to 400gp" looking at Saph before he makes it official.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx- $1100/$400 sounds like a fair price. I do have another question for you before you depart Elfric. As you said these Dwarven thugs do not travel out this far. Do you think they may have been paid to come after us? And if so who would it be that hired them. We would not like to walk into any more traps or ambushes. He looks at Zendur and smiles We we will need a person to take charge while go on our little adventure here in the next couple of days.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#216 Post by Synthalus »

CONSTABLE

The Constable stops walking away for a brief moment, turns his head back towards the group and says;

" Look for Eustace Vicar. He is the Master of the beggers guild and rumored to be a high ranking assassin as well. My guess is he's not to happy with the recent change in guild managment if you know what i mean. He can be found in the low quarter. You can seek him out at the Dragon's Piss Tavern, he is not unreasonable in my experience. He probably ordered this lot to kidnap you for questioning or to test your mettle. Tell him that his old friend Elfrich the Red Hand sent you and you should be safe. Watch out for beggers they are the eyes and ears of a vast network of thieves, spies, assassins, and cutthroats that you cant even begin to understand yet. Goodluck and fair winds!

-H.P. Lovecraft

GreyWolfVT

#217 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur "Thanks for the help and information." "We have an agreement. Yes Saph I agree we should consider well who to have in charge once we are not here." looking to Nimble and Bamble "Perhaps one of these two?" Zen looks back to Saph questioning the idea. Then turns to head off towards the lower quarter to find this assassin. "Well guess we are yet to make it to our destination it is forever changing where we need to go next. Shall we go seek this man?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx- Yes lets looks for this assassin. As for leadership of the guild while we are gone Nimble and Bamble work together well they shall be in charge. Maybe we should pay the constable here some to ensure that if there is a issue that get a pre emptive heads up.What do you think? Saph laughs. I dont think we will ever get to this guild hall.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#219 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

Saph and Zendur follow Nimble and Bamble the rest of the way to the low quarter. They reach a crossroads in the low quarter amoung its squat hovels. Left is the way to the thieves guild, right is the way to the Dragon's Piss Tavern. Nimble and Bamble look at the two senior thieves and ask;

(Nimble) Which way do you wish to go? to the guild or the Dragon's Piss?

-H.P. Lovecraft

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx- Zen which direction do you wish to go first? I believe that we should see the assassin first it may take some time with guild.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “The Forgotten Temple of Thurizdun (1e)”