Re: IC XVI

#81 Post by Wyzard »

"Well, we have no choice but to follow this trail of blood."

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by MonsterMash »

"Yes that trail will let us find what happened to Beso" Thurgan replies.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by thirdkingdom »

Under Semele's care the young man regains consciousness, and after a few sips of water is able to speak. "Beso was determined to go after this hoard he heard you talk about; try and get to it before the 'Heroes of Threshold' could. We came back . . . yesterday, I guess? Maybe longer than that, I'm not sure how long I've been down here. Anyway, we wandered about for a bit, going down one corridor then another, until we came to this black iron door. Beso's eyes lit up, and he swore it must be the place we sought! We had not gone a score of paces into the complex, however, when we entered a long, wide hallway and were set upon by a gargantuan glabrous grotesquerie! Redag, our mage, was slain instantly, and I do not what happened to the rest. I must have been injured, obviously, but I do not recall what happened next until I woke up here."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by Alethan »

Rhys nods understandingly, "Can you describe this... giant, globulous, glittery thing?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by thirdkingdom »

Alethan wrote:Rhys nods understandingly, "Can you describe this... giant, globulous, glittery thing?"

Linkboy

"Like a great mass of pulsating, be-tentacled flesh! A gray cancer with a thousand mouths! It is horrible, I tell you, horrible! And then, I'm starting to remember, it began to feed . . . !"

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by Atlictoatl »

Tev Meren, Fighter

"I wonder if they met Mother...," Tev comments from the side.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by thirdkingdom »

The Caves Under the Forgotten City
Turns 7-8

Rhys is unable to find a wineskin -- or indeed, any other gear -- on the boy. As the party debates what to do next, the linkboy, whose name turns out to be Nigel, expresses that whilst he has no desire to return to the scene of his former companions' apparent demise he is even less inclined to be left alone, in the dark. "I could even hold a torch, sirs, or throw a flask of oil, if needed. Just promise me you won't let me be et alive."

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by Atlictoatl »

Tev Meren, Fighter

"Lad, it's safe to say that as long we shan't let you be eaten as long as we remain alive. I can't speak for what'll happen to you after we're dead, though. I'll be working to avoid that too, of course."

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by MonsterMash »

Thurgan, dwarf

"We've been here enough times before and not been et. Best you come with us while we explore today".

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by thirdkingdom »

The Caves under the Forgotten City
Turns 7-8

Accompanied by Nigel, the adventurers make their way through the caves, and find that the sporadic splatters of sanguinosity do, indeed, lead back to the Lair of the Ur-orcs. Everything is much as the adventurers left it, although the heavy black iron door now stands, ominously, ajar.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#91 Post by Atlictoatl »

Tev Meren, Fighter

Tev reveals that he has four oil flasks, along with wicks for lighting them, and offers them to somebody who will be less occupied than he in martial maneuvers.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#92 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Quint Kacie
Quint moves along with the party, keeping Nigel near him in the middle of the marching order. His brain bubbles with questions about this mouth-covered mass of flesh that Beso group discovered, but he keeps them to himself, afraid that he'll push poor Nigel too far with his questions.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#93 Post by Wyzard »

thirdkingdom wrote:The Caves Under the Forgotten City
Turns 7-8

"I could even hold a torch, sirs, or throw a flask of oil, if needed. Just promise me you won't let me be et alive."
Severi the Silvertongued, Elf

"You won't be et alive first."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by Alethan »

Rhys

"Tev, why don't you give Nigel there a few of those oil flasks and give him a chance to revenge himself."

"I'll scout the way real quick."

Rhys dons his goggles and sneaks through the iron doorway, advancing slowly and stopping at the first sign of danger.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by MonsterMash »

Thurgan

The dwarf waits near the doorway listening for any sound of danger and using his dwarven senses to look into the darkness.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by Atlictoatl »

Tev Meren, Fighter

Tev hands the boy three of the four oil flasks with instructions to see if anyone else also needs some.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Quint Kacie
Quint points out that he still has a full 6 flasks of oil himself.
"Fear not, young Nigel. You shall be as well protected as you can be if you stick with us."

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by Wyzard »

Severi the Silvertongued

"Quint, pass me a couple of those. Lets get rags stuffed in all of them for wicks, and give Nigel and Bruno torches. Folk in the back get them lit and pass them forward as we need them. Sound right?"
Severi isn't carrying any flasks or torches, but somebody has to be. I think we want the second and third prepping and lighting flasks and passing them ahead to the front rank as we go.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#99 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Quint Kacie
Quint nods and sets to work prepping the flasks as Severi has asked. Once completed he hands two to the elf, keeping four for himself for the time being.
"I don't have any torches, just a lantern. Those need to come from someone else's stocks."
I updated my inventory page to reflect the oil distribution and noticed at the same time that Quint doesn't actually have any torches himself, just the lantern. I think a while back I had Quint pull out and light a torch (last encounter with the beetles), so that was a mistake on my part.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by thirdkingdom »

While his companions make preparations for battle, Rhys slips forward into the dark, his goggles rendering heat into shades of blues and reds. He passes into the guard room without trouble and without seeing anything, then down the hallway. Standing at the threshold of the Hall of Columns, he can make out something, some cyclopean thing about thirty feet down the hall. The main bulk of it barely registers as being a different temperature than the air, but he can make out, just barely, two man-sized pockets of heat; one is oriented horizontally and about five feet off the ground, the other at a steep angle and perhaps fifteen feet of the ground. Rhys detects no sign that the thing is aware of his presence.

Return to “In Search of Adventure”