7. There Has to Be a Morning After

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 7. There Has to Be a Morning After

#341 Post by Storm11 »

"I know not, I haven't been there either, but the others suggested that she and her brother needed help and were attacked by wolves within it. I don't think anywhere is safe, but feel we should let the woman's brother know what happened to her!"
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Zhym »

Date: Nouluna 6, 1221
Time: 4:30 AM
Weather: Light rain
Moon: Waning gibbous

You bar the doors as best as possible. The hinges are weak; you get the feeling that these doors have been broken down many times before. While you wait for morning to come, wondering what might break through into the church, you discuss what to do next. Visit Ireena's house? Her brother will not be happy to hear the news about her, but he deserves to be told. Where can you stay in town? Castran speaks of preparing for a trip back to the castle.

Your invisibility and Castran's shape change wear off after a while. (Castran: +4 HP.)

The night eventually gives way to a dim, foggy morning. Father Donavich stops chanting and nods off to sleep without moving from the spot where he kneels.

Effects: None

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Storm11 »

"Come, let us retire to the inn, secure some rooms and sleep for a while 4 hours and then memorise some magic, heal up, and rerest to be ready for the night ahead!"

The gnome will cover Donovan with a blanket or cloak if there is one before leaving.

Once we can secure a room to share at the inn and settle in the gnome will place his warding rocks at the doors and windows and then get to sleep swiftly.
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Dram »

Bragar- Yes lets move to the Inn. I really need some rest.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by Zhym »

Time: 8:00 AM

Castran and Bragar take their leave of the napping Father Donavich and return to the Blood on the Vine Tavern. Though it is still early yet, the door is no longer barred.

The bartender is nowhere to be seen. In fact, the only occupants of the tavern appear to be the three gypsies where were here when you first came to town. Their names, you learned then, were Yuri, Boris, and Mikhail. Yuri, the big burly bald man, calls out to you. "Bok! Is returning adventurers! You leave for castle, what, over month ago? And now you back alive! Hah! Not many do that, eh?"

"What bring you to tavern this hour of morning?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Storm11 »

"We are weary and require rest. A room is all we require, and swiftly. Is that possible please?" asks the gnome hopefully.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Zhym »

Yuri scoffs. "'And sviftly,' he says. Hah! Look at who is boss, yes?"

He looks you up and down. "We have room upstairs. You can have for 10 gold per night per person, double occupancy."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Dram »

Bragar- Here is 20 gold let us rest undisturbed. Do you have any garlic cloves that we can purchase.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Zhym »

Yuri laughs heartily. "Garlic? In Borovia? You funny guy! I show you to your room now."

He takes you upstairs and hands you a key in exchange for 20 gold (mark it off your sheet, please). The room is not lavishly furnished, but it has two beds, four walls (one with a boarded-up window), and a ceiling.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Dram »

Bragar- Thank you that is all I needed to know. Thank you for the room Have a good day.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by Storm11 »

Castran will offer to pay half.

He will lock the door and suggest the duo try & bar it with whatever furniture is within the room.

He will place one of his magic mouth rocks by the door and another by the window and explain its purpose to the dwarf cleric and how they are activated.

The gnome searches the room for secret exits under the bed and behind the furniture, even the ceiling if he can.

"we were lucky to escape with our lives Bragar! When you can perhaps a glyph of warding or two upon the door and window might prove wise after we have had our first rest. Good morning sir!"

With that he will take off his armour and sink into his bed exhausted.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Zhym »

Time: 8:20 AM

The room is simple. There are two beds and an empty chest in which to put your clothes. You push the chest against the door, then place alarm stones near the door and window. After a search that reveals no secret doors, you settle in to bed.

Having set no alarm nor asked for a wake-up call, you awaken sometime in mid-afternoon. What will be your agenda for the rest of the day?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Dram »

Bragar will wake up pray to Haela Brightaxe for the strength to defeat Strahd.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Storm11 »

Castran will rememorise his magical powers and ask Bragar for some magical healing. If the dwarf complies he will then recommend that he rests once again to recuperate his healing magic for the coming night.

He will then shift the chest and go down into the taproom and ask about dinner. He will then stop off at Bildraths Merantile to look over the items in the general store.

After that he will head back to see father Donovan, and ask him if the priest has any holy good holy symbols for purchase or to borrow and to check on the priest.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Zhym »

Time: 3:30 PM

The dinner offerings from the tavern are uninspiring: hard bread, dubious cheese, and stew containing trace amounts of meat of unknown provenance. On the plus side, it does come free with the room. Speaking of which, when Castran goes back to the main room of the tavern, Boris asks if the gnome and the cleric will be wanting to stay another night—for another 20 gold, of course.

The front room of Bildrath's store is about 40' wide and 20' deep. Food, candles, clothing, and other mundane household supplies sparsely populate the shelves that line the walls. A few barrels and boxes of other goods are scattered and stacked around the room. A man in a shopkeeper's vest stands behind a counter near the door. A curtained doorway on the far side of the shop leads, you guess, to the stockroom or the shopkeeper's living quarters.

"Hoy there! Welcome to Bildrath's! That's me: Bildrath. And you—have I seen you here before? A month ago, perhaps? What can I get you?"

Note that both Castran and Bragar get an extra spell after having leveled. Please post the spells you want to memorize for the day; I'll assume that's your regular daily spell list unless you tell me otherwise.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Storm11 »

Castran greets the merchant warmly. He charters away whilst looking at the items on show.

"The weather here has been terrible hasn't it. Shocking. Is it always like this in Barovia? Those brothers that run the inn, well they are a cheery bunch eh, what's their story? I am looking for a small hand mirror, and some flasks of oil of you have them, a silver dagger as well if you have one, perhaps some silver tipped arrows perchance? Do you have any iron rations within this lovely establishment good sir, and some bandages? Gosh I seem to be in the mood for shopping today. By the way, has that lovely Young Ismark around at all? Have you seen him? It seems there are plenty of empty houses in town all boarded up. Is that true, which ones have been abandoned the longest would you say?" and so he gossips as he browses.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Zhym »

Bildrath smiles down at the gnome. "The weather here sucks and no mistake. That damned fog don't go nowhere, even when it's raining. I guess that's why no one builds summer homes here, eh?"

Castran asks about the three men at the inn. "You mean Boris, Yuri, and Miklhail?" answers the merchant. "They're okay. Gypsies, of course. Just don't cross them, that's my advice. Them or any of the other gypsies."

When Castran asks about supplies, Bildrath gets down to business. "You sure got a thing for silver, don't ya? I wish I had a silver dagger to sell—I really do, because I could charge you a fortune for it!" He grins conspiratorially, then lowers his voice and looks around, as if to check that he's not being overheard. It's an odd gesture considering he's in his own shop. "I did manage to come across two silver-tipped arrows. Those are rare things around here, let me tell you. You can have them for...oh, let's say five platinum each."

"I do have mirrors. You might be surprised about that, given his Baronship's, well, you know. Are you looking for a big metal one or a small silver one? The small silver mirror will cost you 20 platinum. The big metal one is 10 platinum, if you can find a way to carry it around."

He ticks the other items off his fingers. "Let's see. Oil is 1 platinum per flask. Iron rations are 5 platinum for a week's supply. And bandages are 1 gold apiece. If the prices seem high...well." He just smiles and shrugs.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Storm11 »

Castran smiles at the merchants gumption.

"Hehehe, well now that's a hefty wage for you today good man. I will take the mirror, for 10 platinum pieces! I will give you two platinums for the iron rations. We both know that's daylight robery but you have me over a barrel Bildrath and no mistake. Not many travellers come through here I would wager. It's a good living for a while. Is there a weapon smiths or armour merchant in this fair hamlet? Do you sell shields perhaps? And as to my other question. Any empty premises within the village that the Lord of this realm has emptied? I won't say a word of course".

He smiles playfully and waits to hear the greedy merchants reply.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Zhym »

Bildrath laughs. "I like a man who can see a situation for what it is! But are you sure you want the large mirror? It's almost big as you are, if you don't mind my saying so, sir."

"Sorry, but there is no smithy in town. I do carry some arms and armor in the back, though—if you tell me what you want, I'll have Perriwimple fetch it up."

"There are plenty of empty houses in town. Walk into any one of them and odds are better'n even you'll get an empty one."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Storm11 »

The spellblade chuckles at Bildrath. "The small mirror I will take good merchant. For 10 platinum pieces. That's a mark up already of 200% of an average price for such a thing. Let's not be too greedy good sir.
Excellent. Thank you for the information. Did you hear tell of the return from the castle if one of the village girls recently on the off chance?"
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Ravenloft”