Attachments
1,1,1,1 - round 3.png
1,1,1,1 - round 3.png (65.99 KiB) Viewed 1589 times

sketch21
Strider
Strider

Re: Chapter One; Saviors or Foes?

#42 Post by sketch21 »

arrgh, what now?! Daemon Bliss noticed the priest went down, stops, looks toward the valley, well, I'm not going to the valley alone, that priest must be what these rivvils termed a clumsy oaf. Thanks for the distraction, Vhaerun, but I think it's best I do not face what lies in the valley alone. These rivvil may prove necessary for my survival, and that prist is vital for my plan.

With that Daemon Bliss runs to the nearest mountain wall and slowly creeps alongside the wall back eastward toward where Channas (trying to be perpendicular to where he is), also keeping an eye ahead for any more ogres

"Sussy-boy, it seems our priest may need a little lift-me-upper ... we'll need his healing later."

Chris - I indicated on your map the path Daemon Bliss is taking, he's hoping the shadows alongside the wall will help conceal him -
he's also looking ahead to see if any ogres are coming, please indicate if any ogres are coming and if any sees him.

Initiative:
[1d20] = 13 - 4 dex adj = 9

Die roll for hide in shadow:
[1d100] = 14

move silently:
[1d100] = 37

and to hit:
[1d20] = 18

and the ability to hide his smile knowing one of his companion is about to get a whooping:
1 ... dang, he failed ^^ hehe
Attachments
round 3 map-db.png
round 3 map-db.png (69.33 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Last edited by sketch21 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:00 am, edited 7 times in total.

channas
Runner
Runner

#43 Post by channas »

Oof! Who put these rocks here? Oh my god, for running from a battle! Foehammer disapproved, I will make amends by taking a prisoner, if I can.

Calling upon his authority as a loyal servant of his god, Channas commands in Orcish the ogre nearest him to DIE!

It's my understanding that the duration of the spell would be 3 rounds, at Channas's current level, with his class ability to increase spell duration? This would give him enough time to tie up the ogre?

Initiative [1d20] = 15

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by Majik »

“Sussy? Just what is that pointed eared hob-goblin taking about?”
Sus says while looking up at a rock peculiarly shaped to resemble Seth Rogan.

“I haven't done... this much pointless... running since them... stupid shuttle runs... in high-school” he reads slowly and directly from the little yellow box above his head.
“Hum, good point” he replies to himself.

Yet before acting, and while stretching for another run into combat with the One Direction Ogre Connection, he looks back towards the approaching sound of timid horse beats.

I assumed Dan was coming to cast sleep. That doesn't seem to be happening, so Sus will attack.

For the DM: [1d100] = 84[1d20] = 3[1d10] = 4[1d8] = 6[1d6] = 3[1d4] = 2
Last edited by Majik on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by Majik »

Seeing no help coming from the Orc, Sus turns and starts back attacking the Ogre closest to him…
“Hey beautiful… I have something for youuuuuuu!”he shouts brandishing his two swords and dancing in for a hack and a slash.

Katana +1: Hit: [1d20+7] = 11+7 = 18 Damage: Small/Medium [1d10+12] = 3+12 = 15 Large [1d12+12] = 10+12 = 22

Katana +1: Hit: [1d20+7] = 2+7 = 9 Damage: Small/Medium [1d10+12] = 3+12 = 15 Large [1d12+12] = 10+12 = 22

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by grey_starr »

As soon as Task comes into range - he speaks the words and makes the symbols required to put all the enemy's he can see within the 30' diameter of the Cleric to sleep... Saving Throw: None

Initiative [1d20] = 17
Sleep [2d4] = 4
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by Majik »

Sus finishes carving a small happy face inthe back of the Ogre and check the contents of its wealth.
Nodding to his work he binds the face "Goodbye Bob" and turns to Channas...

"Lets go God-boy.... get up and lets find you a bar stool to occupy like a hippie on wal-street."
Yet as Sus turns to go he says in a whiny Rob Schneider type voice "YOU CAN DO IT!!!!"

channas
Runner
Runner

#48 Post by channas »

Channas finds himself humming

I'm just a gigolo and everywhere I go
People know the part, I'm playin' ...

Wait, what? Did an enormous orc just save my life then suggest that we find a tavern? Is there perchance a Master Narrator close by who can explain this? Preferably as he or she strums a lute with a sensual and gentle touch?

sketch21
Strider
Strider

#49 Post by sketch21 »

"Well, that's two more ogres not making it to Ma ogre thanksgiving dinner this year ... just four ..." Daemon Bliss looks back toward the horde being held off by the giant, sighed, then moves toward the valley following Sus and Channas and muttered, "we could've taken them on."

Catching up to Sus and Channas, "Fried chicken and ale, gents! In the underdark we have a great chain of eatery called The Frypan, boneless fried chicken serves on top of thinly fried potato strips ... ah, it is to kill for."

"Let's find a tavern, first round on me, boys." Looking ahead toward the valley, he continues, "And how about that Sir Tusk, a one man calvary he is, didn't figure he'd be a spell caster as well. In and out like the wind, bet he's scouting ahead for a safe place for us. So, let's not keep him waiting, WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD!"

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by grey_starr »

When the crew comes closer - and it's safer - Task drops his hood so he can be seen again and greets them... Well met slow pokes ... you'll be glad to know it's safe ahead. Glad I was able to make it back in time to help you out! ...

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#51 Post by Majik »

Sus rolls his eyes at the... alleged orc.
"Boo!" he says in anticipation of the cloud of dust and a mighty yell of 'Hiyo depends!'

cscott
Strider
Strider

#52 Post by cscott »

With a Laugh, a skip, and a jump (Mostly by Daemon Bliss). All of you quickly and not so quietly, head West to close the distance between Random Task and the rest of the party....

There are only two sets of foot prints leading to this area. The first, Random Task's gallant steed's hoof prints, showing that the beast had galloped to the small stone span bridge, and then Random Task's steed's hoof prints showing that the beast had walked back....

There is no snow on the bridge, the heat of the lava below keeps the bridge free of the white stuff. A slick glistening moisture covers the entire span surface.

In the centre, the dead centre, where once Random Task had once stood on the granite bridge, now stands a flaming man. Perhaps only standing five tall, arms held out wide, head held back in a silent scream, the fiery apparition behinds to stride forward.....
Attachments
The unnamed bridge.pdf
(213.94 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by Majik »

Upon reaching the bridge, Sus ponders the oddity of these traveling companions “You creatures are crazy… the lot of ya… bat-shit-crazy.”

But on seeing the flaming man Sus turns to the one calling itself Task as asks “Friend of yours? Someone you met on a weekend get-a-way to Fire Island perhaps? I mean seriously… you don’t get any more flaming than that guy.”

Sus of course stops and keep his distance from the five foot tall flaming thing saying “Hey, back off big man… that may play with the ladies but it don’t cut no credit here.”

For the DM: [1d100] = 44[1d20] = 4[1d10] = 3[1d8] = 4[1d6] = 4[1d4] = 3

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#54 Post by Majik »

Then in an attempt to guess that there is a password Sus begins to sing and dance...
"I'm Mister Green Christmas, I'm Mister Sun, I'm Mister Heat Blister, I'm Mister Hundred and One...
They call me Heat Miser, What ever I touch, Starts to melt in my clutch, I'm too much!"

channas
Runner
Runner

#55 Post by channas »

By the contents of Tempus's impregnable scrotum, another orc! Is he a shaman? How many are around?

Channas is prepared to attempt to hold the creature in place with Hold Person. Channas is annoyed with his tendency to anthropomorphize creatures. He recalls the time he saw a nude swanmay in McCreeply's Wood. He started taking his clothes off. But it wasn't a swanmay, it was a giant chicken. He took his clothes off anyway, but the chicken wasn't interested.

Rolls:
Initiative [1d20] = 18
Last edited by channas on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

sketch21
Strider
Strider

#56 Post by sketch21 »

Daemon Bliss slowly spread out, 4 o'clock position to Channas, about 3-4ft away from him, palms out, trying to be as non-threatening as possible,

also trying to remember from his study in the underdark to identify/recall what kind of creature he's looking at,

"The giant advised us to go down this way, for safety. We would like to seek shelter and a refuge - or perhaps more companions to assist the giant against the ogres."

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#57 Post by grey_starr »

Task passes behind the bulk of Sus, and while out of the sight of the burning "man", he changes his looks to be that of a proper Human adventuring mage, the bulk of the change just being that he is an attractive human male. Still farthest away, he raises his hands to show they are empty and he means no harm, and addresses the burning "man".

Please, we require safe passage! as can be heard, there is a battle at our backs... and as the good and extremely rare Elvin gentle-being has said, we were advised to go this way, to a village. We hope to find friendship, shelter and some healing. We come with coin to spend, and our swords and skills ready to help should it be required of us!

Appearance 19 (React +8) [1d20-8] = 18-8 = 10 *success!*

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by Majik »

As Task passes behind Sus, Sus looks off to the side and says “Bulk? Read a profile man!”
Then watches the reaction of the Flaming man with some barely contained excitement.

sketch21
Strider
Strider

#59 Post by sketch21 »

Daemon Bliss quietly chuckled at Task's description of him, "Elvin gentle being" HA! that's a first, he thought ... and yeah, coin to spend ... on your wenches and ales!

Daemon also notices something's off with Task's voice (sounded less orc-ish), but he didnt dare take his eyes off the firy being.
A fire elemental? He reasoned ... damn, that's something he rather not deal with right now

He carefully scans the area for the summoner or a body of water ... as thing might get pretty hot soon (and he's not talking about the extra spicy burrito he had for lunch)
Last edited by sketch21 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by Majik »

But Sus sees the Orc pass behind him he swiftly moves aside to keep an eye on the Flame elemental and the Orc… but he gives a start of surprise when he sees the Orc become a big human,

“SWEET JEBUS!!! How in the holy gift of the short skirt did you do become human?!”

Return to “Dark Horsemen - 1ed AD&D”