The Garage

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Garage

#321 Post by Bloodaxe »

Chance , Whitey, Tucker and Lester work to clear out the Biters in the nearby area. You clear out several creatures that are close to the garage, while trying not to attract attention. It goes well for awhile until a Crawler hiding under a car grabs Lester, he falls down and gets hurt. Whitey is able to smash the creature in the head before it is able to do more damage, but you call a break on the zombie smashing and go back inside. The area around the garage is clear now anyway.

The zombie fighting Lester rolled a 5 and caused 1 Health damage before being destroyed. Lester is down to 1 Health.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker

"Lester man, you have got to be more careful out there." Tucker checks his leg to make sure there is no broken skin from the attack.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by AleBelly »

Chance returns to the garage. His face shows more confidence despite his concern for Lester.

He sits, pondering.

"What do you think that missile was aiming at? And should we get going? Maybe there will be a missile fired back in retaliation..."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#324 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy enjoys a few kills and retreats back to the garage.

First zombies and now pinchy missiles? I'm telling you man, this shit ain't right! We need to move on and soon! We gotta find some more survivors if there are any, build up our group a little. Now......I am one big bad ass motherfucker that don't take much shit, and you can bleedat! I've always got by on my own and I ain't afraid of too many people, but think about this. If we are out scavaging for weapons and shit, what the hell do you think every other Tom, Dick, and Javier is doing right now?

Let me also say this.......we are gonna encounter other groups out there that are going to want to take what we have, and they may outnumber us by a lot! Everyone of us better be damn sure we are ready for that shit, if you catch my meening.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by saalaria »

steve - Trucker

"I agree with Chingy - we've got to get tooled up, be ready to fight our corner. No one else is gonna do it. It's law of the jungle now man, strongest survive,"

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#326 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester rubs his leg and lets out a quiet string of expletives. Once he's calmed down he shakes his head and says "I ain't got what I used to. Never been a scrapper, but I'll be damned if I let those things get the best of me."

Lester listens to the talk about splitting and meeting others and he sighs and says "Probably right, but we need to be careful. There's probably some antsy and paranoid people out there. If we're gonna do this, let's hit the sporting goods place and get some gear first. Maybe some more ammo, something more appropriate than some tire irons and wrenches. Were going to need machetes and sh#$ like that to use. Bats or axes at least..."

OOC: I think we need to square our weapons situation away, then we go wherever. That's just me.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by AleBelly »

"What about a police station?" asks Chance. "Lots of weapons there, maybe even some SWAT gear that you couldn't get at a sporting goods store."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker

"The police sounds like a good idea, but I'm concerned that it will be swamped with either biters who went there before they turned in order to get help or other survivors like ourselves doing the same thing. What about WalMart? They will have all manner of sports gear as well as firearms and ammo."

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#329 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester shakes his head at the mention of the police station. "I don't know, fellas. Police and National Guard Armory are in Allentown, and let me tell you, that place was crawling with biters. When I went lookin' for Norm's mom there, I didn't see nothin' other than them damn things. I was lucky to get back alive. I don't think we should be tackling that place... not with less than a company of infantry..."

He taps his finger on the table and says "But the mall is on the outskirts, enclosed, and there is a sporting goods store inside with guns and ammo." He gets a sly smile and says "If we want to try and snag some better guns, lets start with the mall, and then we could look for some military checkpoints or something as we head to the hospital or wherever. Just an idea..."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#330 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy nods his head in agreement to what Lester is saying.

When should we check out that mall? You feeling up for it yet pops?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Dram »

Whitey- I'm with Lester the mall may be the safer choice.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#332 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester smiles and says "I'm sorry to hold you back boys, this old guy aint' what he used to be. Gimme a day of rest and I'll be in fightin' shape. In the meantime, we can prepare today. Sound okay, fellas?"

OOC: I've only got 2 health, and I'm at one now, so let me get a day of rest and I should be good to go. But from this point onwards, I think ol' Lester is going to do his fightin' with some guns...

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#333 Post by saalaria »

Steve - Trucker

"I can live with a restday. We got coffee and shelter so i aint missing nothing. No one else has got anything pressing to do have they?"

Steve keeps an eye outside now and again and warns if anyone or thing comes close.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#334 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester eases himself to a seated position to rest, coffee in hand. "Let's get the plow on the Ford today, and gather what we need for the trip to the mall. We can leave at the crack of dawn tomorrow, eh?

OOC: Lester will gather his gun, tire iron, all his ammo, and some basic tools to load in the truck for the trip. He'll also take some food for Blackie, as he'll join us this time.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by AleBelly »

Chance will gas up his car if Lester let's him, and assist with the plow, relaxing as best he can during periods of low activity.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#336 Post by Bloodaxe »

saalaria wrote:Steve - Trucker

"I can live with a restday. We got coffee and shelter so i aint missing nothing. No one else has got anything pressing to do have they?"

Steve keeps an eye outside now and again and warns if anyone or thing comes close.

The night passes quietly. The wind is howling.....wait...that's not wind! Moaning......
Steve sees a huge horde of zombies approaching. Hundreds! You don't think the garage is there target, they are just moving like an undead tide.

You hear gunshots in the distance, then a piercing scream....cut off short.

Then the stomp of many , many feet....and moaning....the constant moaning.....
They keep coming.
Attachments
thhord.jpg
thhord.jpg (24.95 KiB) Viewed 682 times

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#337 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester tries to calm Blackie to keep him quiet. He says at a whisper "Okay, boys. we may have to bail if this gets too bad. Let's keep quiet and real still, and maybe these things will pass. If not, let's get ready to roll out quickly. Hurry up and everyone take some stuff and put in the vehicles. If we have to bail, I'll lead with the plow." Lester clenches his fist and says with a snarl "I'll be damned if one of them sonofabitches is gonna get this band. Mark my words."

OOC: Lester quickly packs his guns, ammo, and food into the ford, along with an extra first aid kit and some clothing. He remembers to stow plenty of Blackie-chow for the ride.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#338 Post by saalaria »

Steve - Trucker

Steve keeps quiet, weapons close at hand, but as quiet as the proverbial grave

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Keeps very quiet he packs all of his belongings in the back of the truck except for his golf club and pistol. He will help load the vehicles.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#340 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist

Derek will move slowly, trying to be as quiet as possible as he helps load the vehicles.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Rot World RPG”