The Garage

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Garage

#361 Post by badams30 »

OOC: Since Lester has some welding gear, is it safe to assume he has some thick welding gloves? If so, he'll pass them to whomever is going to grab big dead john.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#362 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy

You guys all ready? I'm going to crack open the door a little and see if "here's jonny" wants to come in for a head bashing. Once he gets past me, I will pull the door shut again.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#363 Post by Bloodaxe »

badams30 wrote:OOC: Since Lester has some welding gear, is it safe to assume he has some thick welding gloves? If so, he'll pass them to whomever is going to grab big dead john.

He has one full set of gear. Helmet gloves smock.. Also 3 pair work gloves

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Dram »

Whitey puts on all the welding gear. I will grab him. Someone be ready to grab me and pull me in if this all goes bad. Lets do this before he gets more of his friends over here.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#365 Post by Bloodaxe »

Chingyopens the door and John staggers in, as he slams the door shut again. Whitey dressed in his welding gear armor, is pretty well protected, but he cant see well. He smashes poor John in the head, but its not a direct hit. John bites down on Whitey's hand, but cant penetrate the gloves.
(but it still hurts!)
Whiteyadjusts his aim and puts John down for good.

===============

Did you get TZE Tropes Zombie edition rules yet? YOU SHOULD. :D

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... dition-PDF

page 15 Armor

Make shift armor (the welding gear) reduced damage taken by 1 point

Whitey fudged his first attack, scoring not hits. John Zombie got lucky and scored one hit, but it was absorbed by the armor/welding gear.
His second round of attacks, Whitey crushed poor Johns head. RIP John.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#366 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist

Derek looks sadly down at his former associate, shaking his head. John, why'd you have to leave? You would have been safer with us. I'll not let your footage go to waste. Someday I will get that film to somebody that can make use of it. Any awards it earns I'll dedicate to you, partner. You were a good man. You shall be missed. He turns away, wiping his eyes.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#367 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester shakes his head at the sight of what's left of John on the floor. Then he pats Chingy on the back and says with a chuckle "glad I thought of those old gloves. You probably should keep those for just such an occasion." He carefully shuffles over toward the door and moves the blind just a tiny bit to peek out, listening for movement outside before he does...

OOC: That could have been bad. Lester will add one set of work gloves to his inventory. We should divvy up the other two pair.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Thanks Lester for thinkin of them welding gear them things got quite a bite. He takes off the gloves and checks his hand. He stuffs the gloves in his back pocket.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#369 Post by saalaria »

Steve - trucker

"Those gloves sure were useful. We should hit the mall for hockey uniforms for everybody. Or of course any other garages we pass."

Steve checks through the window in the door to see whats going on outside. He'll double check the door is secure too.

Not being from the US I am not sure of the correct term for the padding/protection rather than the team strip/colours. Or even if there are two parts to the outfit or if it comes as one layer - so please educate me! Thanks

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#370 Post by Bloodaxe »

A few creatures walk over and pound on the door, but after awhile they lose interest and wander away. A few hours later the huge herd is gone. There are still a few creatures around but nothing out of control. As the sun begins to set, things return to "normal".

7pm sun down

Tiny mumbles.
So whats the plan?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#371 Post by badams30 »

Uncle lester

Lester smiles at Tiny. "How you feeling?" Then he says "Well, we made it through that mess of biters, so that's a good thing. We're as rested as we're gonna be, so maybe we head to the mall tomorrow. I'm curious as to what that missile and choper were about, but we need some gear first. I think we head there, try to get some weapons and some camoflage and stuff that will help us blend in. We need all we can get against them things. Then we can decide where to go next. We'll lock this place up tight in case we need to come back."

OOC: Lester will take his truck with the plow, tools, welding supplies, and food (PLUS COFFEE) and blackie, of course.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#372 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy examins Johns body to see if he can learn anything about what makes these creatures tick. He will take anything valuable that he finds.

Ya, I'm with you Pops! We can't sit in here until we all starve to death.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#373 Post by Bloodaxe »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Chingy examins Johns body to see if he can learn anything about what makes these creatures tick. He will take anything valuable that he finds.

Ya, I'm with you Pops! We can't sit in here until we all starve to death.
One of his arms is missing, and he has a chunk taken out of his calf. You are about to give up when you find something that may be of interest. A pack of matches that says QUEEN CITY AIRPORT.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by AleBelly »

"Leave at first light tomorrow?" suggests Chance. "We probably shouldn't be messing around in the dark."

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#375 Post by Bloodaxe »

badams30 wrote:Uncle lester

Lester smiles at Tiny. "How you feeling?" Then he says "Well, we made it through that mess of biters, so that's a good thing. We're as rested as we're gonna be, so maybe we head to the mall tomorrow. I'm curious as to what that missile and choper were about, but we need some gear first. I think we head there, try to get some weapons and some camoflage and stuff that will help us blend in. We need all we can get against them things. Then we can decide where to go next. We'll lock this place up tight in case we need to come back."

OOC: Lester will take his truck with the plow, tools, welding supplies, and food (PLUS COFFEE) and blackie, of course.
Tiny nods and smiles, showing some crooked teeth.
Im doing ok. My hand feels better. Im ready to roll.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#376 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist
AleBelly wrote:"Leave at first light tomorrow?" suggests Chance. "We probably shouldn't be messing around in the dark."
Sounds good. I don't know if they can see in the dark or whatever, but I'm sure our lights would draw them to us.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Leaving in the morning sounds like a good idea. We need to move Johns body outside or it will begin to smell. Someone check to see if the coast is clear.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#378 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester will peek out the door, and if the coast is clear, he'll motion for the others to take the body a short distance from the garage.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#379 Post by Bloodaxe »

badams30 wrote:Uncle Lester

Lester will peek out the door, and if the coast is clear, he'll motion for the others to take the body a short distance from the garage.

Its pretty clear, none close by or noticing you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#380 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy volunteers to drag the body "out back". On his way back inside he looks around the area to see if there is anything new to be noticed outside. If he doesn't see any biters nearby he runs over to his bike. He reaches into his pocket and pulls something small out. If he has time, he spends a minute looking at the opposite side of his scoot with his back to the door. Anyone watching can see white puffs of smoke wafting up from the area every few moments.

After a minute or two he heads back to the door with a serene smirk on his face, his eyes quite glossy.

Return to “Rot World RPG”