The Garage

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Garage

#381 Post by Dram »

Whitey- We need to make a decision on move we make next. What are our ideas? We can put them to vote and then prioritize them.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker

"I think we need to hit the mall and get some supplies. As for when, my guess is first light. These things seem to sense noise and smell a lot better than they did in life which means the darkness probably won't hinder them as much as it will us. Best to leave when we can see them."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#383 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy

Ya, sure! Let's do that in the morning! I'm getting sick of being holed up in here man!

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#384 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester nods in agreement. "Yup, lets finish loading up now, and then we'll roll out as soon as the sun breaks the horizon. Give ourselves lotsa time."

OOC: Lester will make sure all his tools and other supplies are packed, just in case we don't make it back here. He'll double check the fittings on the plow, and he'll spend the rest of the time petting Blackie and kicking back to rest.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by AleBelly »

"I'll follow your plow in my car" suggests Chance. He tries to get a good noght's sleep

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Is there Outdoors, Camping like a Bass Pro Shop, Cabello's or Gander Mountain. a place like that would have everything we are in need of usually there would be in big mall areas.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#387 Post by Scott308 »

Derek, Journalist

Any chance there would be a military surplus store in the area? That could have a lot of the things we need, as well. Although they would probably not have guns, they should have machetes or hand axes, as well as possibly MREs. I know they won't taste good, but they won't go bad and don't need to be cooked.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#388 Post by saalaria »

Steve - Trucker

"Is two vehicles enough? We need space to transport it all back. Shouldnt we take at least 3 vehicles?"

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#389 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester nods at Steve's suggestion. "Yes, i think perhaps we take one of the extra vehicles here. If we need to abandon it, it won't hurt."

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#390 Post by Bloodaxe »

Its 7am , about two weeks since you escaped the Diner. You decide to head to the mall. Three vehicles. Supplies are loaded.
Outside looks pretty safe, not many things wandering around today. Its beginning to look sunny and the sky looks clear.

The mall is about 10 miles away. You can try the main highway (traffic jams?) or take back roads. (a little longer, bad roads?)
Each has its good/bad points.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#391 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester gathers everyone for a pep talk prior to leaving. "Okay boys, lets do this. I ain't been to the mall in a while, but I seem to remember a gun shop, some food stores, a sporting goods store, and the like. I don't know about surplus, but we might be able to find one of them after. The mall's about 10 miles that a' way, so we need to get moving. I'd say we should try the back roads just to steer clear of major arteries, but that's me. It's a democracy, so we can vote." He rubs his chin and looks about his garage, his steely gaze softening. He says with no hidden trace of emotion - "Well, its time ta' go. Hope I'll be seein' this ol' garage again. This ol' bastard aint ready ta' die yet. Let's go get some gear and if we're lucky, I can test the plow on some dead stuff."

OOC: Let's carefully leave, and then shut the doors making sure no walkers are inside. Lester will lock the place up securely, casting one last glance back as we depart.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker

"I agree with Lester. I think we should stick to the back roads. They aren't as good quality wise but I have a funny feeling we're going to find a lot of abandoned cars if we take the major roads."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by Dram »

Whitey- I also agree with Lester. There hopefully will be less dead on them back roads.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by AleBelly »

Chance simply nods in agreement.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#395 Post by Scott308 »

Derek, Journalist

I'm fine with either route. Lester is familiar with the area and I'm not, so if he thinks the back roads would be our best bet, I'll not question his choice.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “Rot World RPG”