Part 4: Second Attempt to Plumb the Barrowmaze

GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Part 4: Second Attempt to Plumb the Barrowmaze

#121 Post by GTan_Baq »

Erinar says, "May your soul find peace, Marcus." Erinar then takes a handfull of dirt and throws it into the grave.
The optimist, "The glass is half full."
The pessimist, "The glass is half empty."
The gamer, "I drink the water; what happens?"

Greed shall be thy undoing!

RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#122 Post by RiotInferno »

Pyrrhic walks up and kneels next to the grave, tossing in some dirt.
"While I did not know you for long, you fought bravely and reminded me of other men I have fought next to. Rest now, I'm sure we will see you again soon."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by ybn1197 »

The priest nods his head reverentially and moves back from the grave site. As you all file away, Gamdar moves to the grave, grabs a shovel which had been on the ground and begins to file in the hole. Othar approaches you, Cella a shadow behind him, and asks, "Your comrade's name? To put on a marker so others will know he is there."

GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#124 Post by GTan_Baq »

Erinar says, "The only name I knew him by was Marcus."
The optimist, "The glass is half full."
The pessimist, "The glass is half empty."
The gamer, "I drink the water; what happens?"

Greed shall be thy undoing!

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by ybn1197 »

"Then Marcus is what we will put on his marker." He nods at Cella who meanders off to the side of the field and retrieves a flat stake upon which she begins to carve. With the two acolytes working, the priest moves off back towards town.

DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#126 Post by DMStue »

Turning to the others Dren nods back towards town. "Dren will leave a donation with the priest, then meet you at the tavern before we head back out"

Hurrying to catch up with the priest, Dren speaks with the man as they head back to town.

Dropping 5GP into the priests hands as a donation to the church, Dren asks whether the priest knows of any healing arts that they might take with them into the Barrowmaze?
Drendan Fallowbriar - Halfling Thief in "Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by ybn1197 »

Othar smiles and nods at Dren. "The church always keeps such healing arts on hand, what with the danger of the Barrowmaze so close to our village. We only ask for a suitable donation to the church."

DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#128 Post by DMStue »

Accompanying Othar back to the church, Dren seeks to purchase flasks of holy water and healing draughts to take with them into the
Dren spends 55gps, trying to get at least one of each

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#129 Post by SocraticLawyer »

On the way out of the church, Peaches gives Dren a hearty slap on the back.

“Hey there short stuff,”says Peaches. “Name’s Peaches. Sorry about your friend,”she says, indicating the church service. "But seeing as how your group is one adventurer lighter, how’s about I join you for your next expedition? And before you ask, yes, I am Peaches McGee, the famous wizard. I’d offer to demonstrate, but, you know, don’t want to draw a crowd.

“Whaddaya say?”
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#130 Post by DMStue »

Startled by the sudden contact, Dren almost rolls into a fighting stance before realising that the stranger means him no harm. Smiling a wide 'wooden' smile, Dren decides to humour the wizard, who he has never heard of ....

"Drendan Fallowbriar I am, and sure I am that your skills will come in useful in the Barrowmaze. Come with Dren and meet my fellow adventurers" and with that he tucks away his purchases and heads for the tavern ....

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by SocraticLawyer »

DMStue wrote:Startled by the sudden contact, Dren almost rolls into a fighting stance before realising that the stranger means him no harm. Smiling a wide 'wooden' smile, Dren decides to humour the wizard, who he has never heard of ....

"Drendan Fallowbriar I am, and sure I am that your skills will come in useful in the Barrowmaze. Come with Dren and meet my fellow adventurers" and with that he tucks away his purchases and heads for the tavern ....
Peaches gives a big smile. "Sounds great! I could really use a pint of mead or six. Love those chompers, by the way." Peaches looks behind her and calls out to someone behind her and Dren: "Hey Claude, get your scrawny butt up here! I'm not paying you to check out my rear end, you know!"

To Dren, Peaches says, "Sorry about him," pointing her thumb at Claude, who catches up with them. "That's my manservant, Claude. He's can be a real pain sometimes. But he's decent with a spear and keeps the kobolds off, so, you know...."

Peaches and Claude go to the pub with Dren. OOC: I'll post stats for Claude this weekend. He's a 0-level retainer that Peaches picked up.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#132 Post by DMStue »

Nodding to Claude .... Dren leads them both to meet the others at the Tavern.

"You have an easy manner Mistress McGee, and Dren likes that. Kobolds however are another matter ... Come Claude, Slayer of Kobolds .... Let us murder a few drinks"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by ybn1197 »

Closing this thread. Will continue in Part 5.

Return to “Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)”