Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

#441 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thomas and Monky do some quick healing. The party feels a little better now with the undead creature now completely dissipated.

The opening to the right does not look to be an actual room once you investigate it but more of an old alcove of some kind. It appears to have been a part of the tunnel at one time but seems to have been blocked up long ago and only recently opened up again. You presume that the walls may have caved in due to the recent devastation that has been caused in this area.

You find the source of the horrid stench that fills this area. There is a dead and bloated body of a gnoll lying just inside the alcove. It seems to have been dead a few days now and it looks to be nearly turned inside out. Except for the rubble and the dead dogman, the alcove appears empty.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#442 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar coming back fron relieving himself, hears Xano ask Chewy about going to the 2nd level...agrees it would be a better vantage point.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#443 Post by Scott308 »

The alcove may appear to be empty, but let's check for secret doors or anything just to be sure. The monk will begin examining the walls. Does the gnoll have any clothing or anything of use? The monk is immune to disease, so he can check the rotting corpse without fear of contracting anything if it looks like there could be something there to search.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#444 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will also help search, having a similar resistance as Innominata
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#445 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As the immune pair searches the place they find nothing of interest. After checking out the bloated body, they find a small box lying on the floor in the corner under the corpse. It is about the size of a mans fist and you discern no latch or cover of any kind.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will see if he can discern what the box is made of. Does anything rattle inside when ts gently shaken?
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#447 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The box is light in weight and seems to be made from a dark colored wood. Possibly teak or ebony but it's hard to tell. The holy warrior hears nothing when he shakes it.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#448 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas places a hand on Halo's shoulder, "Before checking the contents, check it's nature for evil. That wraith we fought had a face similar to this dog creature, I do not believe in coincidence; Only divine will and twisted intervention."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#449 Post by greyarea »

Trotter

Trotter keeps an eye on the hall while the others investigate the box.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#450 Post by tkrexx »

Mira plants her Continual Light staff and watches the back trail.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#451 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The box is not evil, (just like most other inanimate objects ) nor is anything else in the tunnel. This area is now cleaned out so you have your choice to stay down there, turn and head back the way you came, or continue on and exit in the tavern so you can sneak back to the tower and scare the crap out of Wyntar, Xano, and Chewy. :lol:

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#452 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi is curious about the box as well. "Perhaps it is magical" the Druid suggests. "I could determine that now, however we should round up any more loot before expending a spell. Let us finish exploring these tunnels just to be sure there are no others down here."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#453 Post by Dram »

Xano- Yes lets move to the next floor. Make sure we don't get any unwanted company from the ground or air. Xano begins to move upstairs before she goes she will put a arrow on the wall with a piece of ash from the fireplace. So that when the rest of party returns from below they will know where they are.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by Storm11 »

Halo agrees that further exploration might be wisest.

"I sense no lingering evil, but that doesn't mean the box isn't cursed or similar. Let us climb to the inn and surprise our companions! We did check the chamber for secret exits yes?"

If the affirmative is made he will pop the box in his pack carefully and move onwards along the tunnel, encouraging Rabbit to take up the forward position, checking for traps.

i must have missed the no name can name the monk thing. Seen as he's always springing in and out of combat Rabbit seems fun!
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#455 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Halo stows the box and the group precedes down the tunnel and exits through the hatch in the tavern. You all head back to the tower to find the rest of your party.

On the second floor of the tower, Xano has a dinner of trail rations and grilled bugbear steaks ready for the hungry group. It is getting late and the tower seems like a great spot to camp for the night.

Chewy samples any of the human food that he is offered but doesn't seem to like it at all. He tells the group that, in the morning he thinks you should be off to Tikka-ti-jarra. The shamans there will know better on what is happening and what you should do next.

Its a 3 day journey through dangerous mountain trails so you will have plenty of time to heal etc. before you arrive. (pending any random encounters of course)

If there is anything you want to do in that time please feel free. I will start a new thread and continue the game there after giving everyone time to post here.

Please sound off by making a post, even if there is nothing you require to do, just so I know everyone's ready. Thanks.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#456 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Before the night is done and as everyone is seated near the fire, Thomas goes into a prayer, "The fire is both rage and wrath, warmth and compassion. Let is fold over you as a mothers love covers her child in a sweet embrace, feel the warmth mend your aches and heal your pains, just as a nurturing mother. The righteous flame of Joramy does this and more." he end his prayer on a calm and somber note, nothing like the usual fiery vengeful Cleric.

popping the last group heal since they don't roll over or anything

Channel Magic(3 times per day): [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Hotgoblin

#457 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar will walk thru the tower to collect items used for his spell components.
When finished collecting he addresses the group.
Let us not forget we were all sent here to help SAVE and not destroy the way of life in these mountains...think first before acting, how will my action affect the rest of the party? Remember we have strength in numbers, the Evil we are up against is very real. That is all.

Scott308

#458 Post by Scott308 »

Have you had a chance to examine the box we found in the creaure's lair yet? asks the monk.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#459 Post by Dram »

Xano- Thomas if have any healing I could do with some as I am pretty bang up still from our battle with the 2 Headed Trolls. I agree with Wyntar lets not go charging sword first into battle. Let us weigh and measure our enemies if possible so that do not hurt or kill anymore innocent people.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Scott308

#460 Post by Scott308 »

Yes. Let us not kick down any more doors without knowing what is on the other side, says the monk.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”